Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
helygen

Question PETS

AFTER HAND REARING STARTING AT AT 4 DAYS OLD MY CAT WILLOW HAS HAD THE BEST LIFE I COULD GIVE HER FOR THE LAST SEVENTEEN AND A HALF YEARS. I LOVED HER VERY MUCH AND SHE GAVE ME SO MUCH LOVE IN RETURN. UNFORTUNATELY LAST WEEK SHE STARTED BEHAVING VERY STRANGELY AND TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT IT ENDED WITH MY VET PUTTING MY LITTLE OLD LADY TO SLEEP. iT'S THE HARDEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE BUT HER QUALITY OF LIFE HAD ALL BUT GONE.I BELIEVE THAT AS A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER, THE LAST LOVE WE CAN SHOW OUR PETS IS TO GIVE THEM A GOOD LIFE AND, WHEN THE TIME COMES, AN EASY PAIN FREE END TO LIFE. THE HOUSE IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT HER AND I MISS HER SO MUCH. I BELIEVE SHE GOES ON IN SPIRIT AND I HOPE SHES WITH PEOPLE FROM THIS LIFE THAT HAVE PASSED OVER BEFORE HER. R.I.P LITTLE LADY AND I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN SOMEDAY. ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS EXPERIENCE AND WAS I RIGHT TO PUT HER TO SLEEP OR WAS THAT GODS DECISION AND NOT MINE TO MAKE?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Helygen:

I am so very sorry for your loss.

You did an extraordinary job--17 1/2 years old is an amazingly long life even for a Cat who has had the very best of everything.

I am definitely in the Autumn of my life and have put many FurBabies to rest. You most certainly did the right thing!

I only wish we could ease the passing of our human loved-ones in the same way.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

P.S.

Don't be surprised if She visits you in your dreams...
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Hey Helygen,

You did what you needed to do in order for your cat not to suffer, its what most of us would do, i had to have my dog put to sleep over 12 months ago i still miss him,but i wouldnt let him suffer,our pets cross over just as we do and they come back and visit,just ask spirit to bring your cat to you in your dreams,it does get easier but you gave your cat a good and happy life.

Namaste
Old 13-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Knower

animal spirits re-incarnate, i believe.
try to communicate with her - imagine a beautiful silver chord between your third eye and hers. then, imagine the thought you would like to project. put it in a beautiful cloud, and send it along the chord, from your third eye to hers.

see what happens :) i bet you will talk with her!

<3
Old 13-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Master
You did what you had to do and I believe it's the right decision. I've had to put to sleep several of my furbabies. I think about the quality of life and I think about their suffering prior to death if they were to die naturally. 3 cats had end stage renal failures, one had cancer. They came back in spirit and also in dreams to visit. The loving bond is always there, not severed by death. You are very blessed to have shared 17.5 years with Willow.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Master

The poor thing was suffering and you did, with a loving heart and a pure motive, what you thought was best.

Thought you might like this:
'Very many animals, of course, are living [on the Other Side] with the people they loved and who loved them, in other spheres. Our friend John has his spaniel, my husband's grandmother her dogs and horses, and we have just learned that Rudolf, our friend's cat recently passed over, is keeping our friend's mother company, an old lady who just preceded him into spirit life'
(From 'Tales of Two Worlds' by Peggy Mason)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com