Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Master

Sometimes we need a dose of reality and truth. IMO this quote of G.K. Chesterton provides this......."Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried". It is much easier to say that you are a millionare than to say you are a Christian because the former can easily be proven to be true or not, whereas the latter is almost impossible to be proven as true. This is the source of irritation for 'non-Christians' to hear another declare that they are Christian. With even a rudimentary knowledge of the precepts of Christianity it can easily be demonstrated that one fails to adhere to the principles of Christianity. Can one demonstrate that they have obeyed the 2 great commandments of Christ? Who is excluded from 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'?

The prayer of the publican is the most legitimate prayer in the Bible.......'Lord have mercy on me, a sinner'..........most of us fall into the category of the Pharisee who praised himself in comparison to others. We do not need a more open-minded Christianity........rather, we need Christianity. Period.

Technically, IMO, we should declare that we aspire to be Christian. That we believe in Christianity and accept the truth and wisdom that it reveals. But to say that 'I am a Christian' is tantamount to saying that 'I am fully enlightened'. It is actions that validate whom we declare to be.....not beliefs, memberships, etc. that we might have or possess.
Old 24-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
. We do not need a more open-minded Christianity........rather, we need Christianity. Period.

I agree.....but to be a "real" Christian we must love our neighbors and turn the other cheek.

This means love all people,Muslims,Hindu's,Buddhist's,Atheist's,Gay's, Lesbians,, ect...

This means stop lashing back at people when they upset us.(happens a lot here)
and we must not judge or cast stones.
I Believe the only way to achieve this for many Christians that fall short, is to be more Open Minded.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
This, basically, is how I see it. We should not judge. Or feel superior or inferior because of our nationality, color of skin, religion, sexual orientation, music taste, social class, looks, education or profession, clothing style or what ever.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 24-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Master
"Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

We can but aspire...
Old 29-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I agree.....but to be a "real" Christian we must love our neighbors and turn the other cheek.

This means love all people,Muslims,Hindu's,Buddhist's,Atheist's,Gay's, Lesbians,, ect...

This means stop lashing back at people when they upset us.(happens a lot here)
I Believe the only way to achieve this for many Christians that fall short, is to be more Open Minded.
Yes, we must love all people and if someone believes something that is false or is living a lifestyle that will lead to his condemnation by God love requires that we warn him of the danger he faces.

We need to make sure our minds are open to truth but closed to error.
Old 29-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Yes, we must love all people and if someone believes something that is false or is living a lifestyle that will lead to his condemnation by God love requires that we warn him of the danger he faces.

I got your warning loud and clear theo,no need to keep going on about it,I'v a good memory.

Also I must remind you too,that you may be in danger as it's possible that you've got the false info.
Whos wrong?Whos right?we'll find out for sure when we die and somebody is gonna get a shock. LOL
Old 29-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

Ok...........