Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 01-02-2019, 03:26 AM
Pathfinder

About an hour a day during the work week, weights and stairs, half an hour on the weekends of sweat inducing stationary bike.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Master
If you count my full time job as a janitor...roughly 7hrs a day cleaning. Still fat, but I know it is due to overeating. Stress related lol
Old 03-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Sometimes running, sometimes indoor bike Yoga as often as I can. Exercise for me has been a bit of an addiction for many years, and that has brought its problems. But for the last few years being able to just go out for a few miles run has been hugely beneficial. So almost 30mins to an hour nearly everyday.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I work out 3 days a week with intensity (running, biking) and the rest of days I meditate or do some stretchings. I try to bike or walk as much as possible in my routines.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Master
3x,4x a week strength training at the gym..
100 push ups every day..
Yoga asanas twice a day. When you're in an asana for 10 minutes it can certainly feel like a heavy exercise!
Old 08-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Everyday. Bodyweight exercises, jogging 3 miles a day then some kickboxing.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Seeker

IMO if you are breaking a sweat at least 3-4 times a week you're doing well. But it all depends on where you are in life. Trying to lose a lot of KGs, you would need to put a lot more effort in
Old 20-10-2019, 06:41 PM

Exercise

Every mourning, I don't really enjoy working but I enjoy the feeling and mood it gets me in. It gets me in a accomplishing mood.
Old 24-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Knower

Being an innate introvert, a mind-dweller, for too many years I’d neglected my physical container. I’ve never been overweight but I have been out of shape in the energetic sense, what with my interests and hobbies tending to be sedentary activities. I’m now middle-aged, and for about the past ten years I’ve made it an effort to be more physically active, on a daily or at the very least a weekly basis.

The secular stereotype of the spiritual soul is often one of bodily inertia – of a motionless yogin, meditator, or navel-gazer. These pastimes have their place, but for me only in accord with a moderate and balanced lifestyle.

If spirituality is about self-improvement, then one of the greatest teachings I’ve ever learned was from my studies of the works of a psychologist: the late Alexander Lowen. This highly insightful and eloquent author taught that a part of being self-aware or fully conscious is in the realization that the spiritual and psychologically healthy person is one who is grounded, first and foremost, to the earth, and fully connected to his body (i.e. self).

Some seek to transcend the body via mental practices alone and think this wisdom, while others lead repressed, inhibited lives on account of their, over time, having consciously or unwittingly suppressed all feeling within themselves.

Excerise makes a person feel ... good.

I speak from experience. After I’ve returned from one of my brisk walks (of about five miles), I feel renewed and invigorated and would not trade this simple pleasure and feeling for an OBE or any other mystical experience.

In this sense, many people are spiritual perhaps even without their realizing it, if they are at the very least into eating well and moderate regimens. They need not be into chakras or the lotus position to be counted in my book as spiritual individuals.

It helps that I am self-motivated and require no trainer or coach to perform calisthenics or to take up the hand weights.

I’ve sometimes wondered whether my workouts – these intended not so that I may look good to others but with the motive of psychological and physical health in mind – are not the greatest of prayers that one can possibly offer up to God in the human form.

Many of the most loveliest people I’ve ever met were not into chanting mantras and hadn’t experienced any paranormal happenings but were nevertheless in good shape and emanated an inner glow or joyous spirit. These were able-bodied folk who radiated an inner beauty that I have never encountered in paranormalists, mystics, or occultists.

Ironic, that the Apostle Paul had (wrongly, in my opinion) taught the need for the devout to suppress the body and yet also acknowledged (and rightly so) the spiritual importance of physical training and athleticism.

Within Lowen’s psychoanalytic therapy, bodywork was incorporated, toward the seeing to a patient’s progress and eventual recovery. I’ve studied his entire published body of work, with his book Joy being most profound. Granted, Lowen’s key teachings have also served as a constant reminder, as I often lapse into stationary states demanding of my giving heed to my truest self, my human vessel, and its needs for fresh air and bodily exertion.

So I golf, play tennis, walk, do some stretching to limber up, lift a few weights in the act of toning, and feel the energetic current surging through my legs amidst Lowen’s grounding exercise. When I start to slack off on these, I begin to feel sluggish and a little depressed. Then those natural endorphins are released once more and I’m whole again – back on cloud nine, if not in seventh heaven. Here's an amen to fitness!
Old 24-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Knower

To think that there was a time not too long ago within contemporary society when exercise was actually discouraged within the medical community! It was thought by medical professionals to cause too much stress upon the heart. But doctors require patients and a possible ulterior motive may have been at work, here.

Nowadays, it’s pretty much common knowledge that, just as quality of sleep is important in the maintaining of a hale and hearty individual, so is regular exercise. Physicians note that it is good for the cardiovascular, can aid in warding off some types of illness, and may if not does help in the prolonging of one’s life.

What almost everyone realizes is that anyone with the physical means of doing so has the ability to be an exerciser. It needn’t come with any financial cost. One needn’t belong to a health club or gym. It’s absolutely free.

During the yuppie era, and soon after the dawn of the fitness revolution, exercise was viewed by members of the middle class as a status symbol, as if there was some unwritten social rule restricting it from blue-collarites and the indigent. If you worked in a profession, lived in the suburbs, and were living a well-off, easeful existence, that probably meant that in your spare time you jogged or were enrolled in an aerobics class, too.

Why, even the non-health-conscious and vainglorious have gotten into the act. Is there anything more oxymoronic than a twenty-something, self-perceived stud who works out and yet smokes? That’s about as logical as a dieter who continues to stuff herself with sweets and sinkers. The former are narcissists who want to project an image of being cool, with a cig between their lips to go with their brawny pecs and abs. Go figure.

Not everyone exercises for show, though. The armchair athlete, as she is called, is one who exercises while seated, and oftentimes without those around her even aware of it. She may desire a firm gluteus, or want to shed her steatopygia or muffin-top bulge. And so she takes up what has been termed chair-obics. As her officemates sit working away, fully engrossed in their assignments and tasks, here her mind is half-focused on her backside, and although she sits for eight hours or so a day will at least come away from it with a toned bottom thanks to those daily, inconspicuous buttock-clenches.