Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Master

I can't see humanity reaching an utopian world

We have thousands of years of history and humanity barely evolved yet the same experiences are repeated again and again and again, it's like a never ending cycle.Some people believe that we come into this reality to learn some lessons in order for us to reach a higher spiritual state, but tell me, what is more to be learned? All the possible experiences have been already fully lived by billions of people.The human society evolved not because man evolved, but because, there were born people who made a difference, people who fought again injustice, against slavery and so on.Without these people there would have been no evolution and these people represent 0,000000...1% percent of the all the humans that ever lived.

I simply can't see humanity reaching on its own an utopian world, this is not a pessimistic view, this is based on our reality and on our daily lives.

What keeps man stuck in this never ending cycle of repeating the same experiences over and over again?
Old 22-10-2019, 09:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Maybe Utopia isn't all it's made out to be? Plus we're a young species in evolutionary terms and 'blessed' with an extraordinary brain and without the user's manual.

The first responsibility is cultivate one's own spirituality and then lead by example. Can't force spirituality upon the masses. It doesn't work and in fact it's counterproductive. It's a very personal matter and most will take deep offense.

As far as what more is to be learned? That's a question far beyond the powers of mankind's intellect to comprehend. Intellect only gets in the way. Look where it's taken us thus far.

Craving for a Utopia is still craving, and craving and aversion are at the root of suffering, not only for an individual but for those around that person and those around them, so on and so forth. Ripples in the pond...

So do the opposite as I said above. Cultivate your spirituality and to some degree it will have a positive impact on those closest to you, then those surrounding them, so on and so forth. Ripples in the pond...

EDIT: It might be worth investing time watching some of Sadhguru's YT vids. It's my opinion his words pack more wisdom than you're likely to find anywhere. I'm watching one now titled "One of the best motivational video on the internet - Sadhguru".
Old 22-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
We have thousands of years of history and humanity barely evolved yet the same experiences are repeated again and again and again, it's like a never ending cycle.Some people believe that we come into this reality to learn some lessons in order for us to reach a higher spiritual state, but tell me, what is more to be learned? All the possible experiences have been already fully lived by billions of people.The human society evolved not because man evolved, but because, there were born people who made a difference, people who fought again injustice, against slavery and so on.Without these people there would have been no evolution and these people represent 0,000000...1% percent of the all the humans that ever lived.

I simply can't see humanity reaching on its own an utopian world, this is not a pessimistic view, this is based on our reality and on our daily lives.

What keeps man stuck in this never ending cycle of repeating the same experiences over and over again?

By definition, Utopia can't be reached.

The progress you describe is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. We aren't here to forward humanity, but to evolve our spiritual being, which isn't yet able to stay only in non-physical dimensions.

The intellect we develop, while here, can and does make our progress more difficult: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-10-2019, 10:34 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's my personal take on it. If you're really serious and committed to the betterment of mankind then dedicate yourself to personal liberation and enlightenment, of course understanding you still have responsibilities of a material nature you shouldn't ignore. Unless you choose to become a monk and then you will have a totally different set of responsibilities.

You will see the world in a very different light and from the perspective of curiosity, wonderment, loving-kindness, compassion and humility. You will see your inner light in others, everyone in fact. Your light will shine on others and maybe, just maybe have a profound impact.

At the very least your light will make the world a better one, even if only by a tiny fraction, better than if you hadn't undertaken the path and discovered your true nature.

Watching his talk at Google now: "Sadhguru: "Developing an Inclusive Consciousness" | Talks At Google".
Old 23-10-2019, 01:02 AM
Angel1

Quote:
My thing would be ponder that for less than a minute - never think of it again.
Then,
focus on the possibilities and picture all the different ways Man's consciousness could be raised very quickly.

I know of impossible things that happened overnight~!
Utterly impossible for the mind to imagine! (Even happening at all ---but overnight?! HA!)
Yay, God for creating a Universe where belief is more powerful than anything.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi ThatMan - have you considered the possibility that the creator of this world's purpose may not have been to stimulate people to make it 'utopian'?

From my treatise:
The [second] point I want to be sure I get across (because it is counter'intuitive' to those who are still philosophically wrapped up in a body-ego based, and hence physiosocially focused, calculus) is that the pains and losses (etc.) that are suffered and shared in the course of incarnational Life, even as horrific as these will undoubtedly be experienced as being in the course of the apocalypse that is presently unfolding, are not something to be either feared or lamented (not really, that is). It is the very unavoidability of such experience that motivates souls to break out of and jettison the ego‑shells which they would otherwise ‘naturally’ not be inclined to do, because it then becomes unmistakably clear that personal pleasure-maximizing and pain-minimizing schemes and strategies amount to no more than vain attempts to climb and/or carry others up to a higher deck on a sinking physiosocial ‘ship’.

Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable* aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of self‑transcendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth.** A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word must here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)

[Footnotes:
* “In the world ye shall have tribulation!” (John 16:33)
** Here’s a ‘fable’ worth contemplating in the above regard: “God ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!”]
Old 24-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's my personal take on it. If you're really serious and committed to the betterment of mankind then dedicate yourself to personal liberation and enlightenment, of course understanding you still have responsibilities of a material nature you shouldn't ignore. Unless you choose to become a monk and then you will have a totally different set of responsibilities.

You will see the world in a very different light and from the perspective of curiosity, wonderment, loving-kindness, compassion and humility. You will see your inner light in others, everyone in fact. Your light will shine on others and maybe, just maybe have a profound impact.

At the very least your light will make the world a better one, even if only by a tiny fraction, better than if you hadn't undertaken the path and discovered your true nature.

Watching his talk at Google now: "Sadhguru: "Developing an Inclusive Consciousness" | Talks At Google".
Right in line with my understanding and philosophy. Guy!
Old 24-10-2019, 04:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Right in line with my understanding and philosophy. Guy!

Must be the gray hair. Wait, it's silver right? LOL!
Old 24-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:

That's what I'd like to know, why so many times, why so many lives. It's not hundreds of lives but thousand +++. If it is a teaching ground, then sunshine and lollipop land won't teach many lessons will it. Or could it be something else? A place where we are the fuel for something maybe.
Old 24-10-2019, 04:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That's what I'd like to know, why so many times, why so many lives. It's not hundreds of lives but thousand +++. If it is a teaching ground, then sunshine and lollipop land won't teach many lessons will it. Or could it be something else? A place where we are the fuel for something maybe.

The playground of an unimaginable intelligence with infinite creativity. An existence of infinite silence devoid of experience would be rather boring.

That being so free will is a necessity, else it defeats the purpose.