Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Master

I think in the afterlife there would be no illness, money worries, traffic jams etc. It would be better up there than here but we live here and have to make the most of it. I do not think people can know everything about the afterlife for sure.
I have something to say, but do not take me too seriously as it may not be a good idea. I have read people can have a relationship with someone when they have died. You could astral project and see him. If you do this, you still have a life here. You will still need to go out with other people and have fun when you are ready. People may say, it is not fair to not let him move on. Every one has free will. He can make decisions for himself. If that is what he wants then he would let you know. As I said, do not take me too seriously as I do not know if it is a good idea.
Old 17-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Master
Aww, annonafox, i want to hug you right now......please don't think your love is in vane.....He knows you love him, one love is no less important than another......you are connected by love and spirit......you will never be forgotten you are a child of God, and love is the greatest thing......please don't feel abandoned and insignificant.....you are beautiful, and matt will never forsake you......big hugs and kisses.....dragonfly xxxxxxx
Old 17-10-2010, 12:02 PM
SandybytheSea

More to annonafox.

Another thing I wanted to add. When you laugh at fond memories, SO DOES MATT. When you cry and grieve, so does he. That's not to say you shouldn't grieve, because it is basic human nature and besides, he deserves to be grieved for because he is not here in the physical for you to embrace, but he is with you every time you think of him, in whatever way you think of him, and is sharing those emotions you feel.

Also, astralsuzy suggested astral projecting to be with him, but you already do that. He visits you, and you visit him, probably every time you close your eyes in sleep. When we can let go of our left, survival brain hemisphere and enter into our intuitive right hemisphere (which we do when we sleep) it is so much easier to see each other, converse, embrace, be together. Most times people awaken next morning with a fuzzy recollection of what they presume was a dream, often never realising that this was actually precious time they spent together.

As for being ready for another relationship, don't even think about that now. If it is meant to be, it will happen when the time is right. For now, you are healing, and that can be a long process. You wouldn't break a leg and then try to run a marathon the following day, healing must be allowed its own time.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Neville

All who are bereaved are left behind. Our turn will come. I am not even sure whether the length of time is the issue. It's what we do with that time.How many hearts we reach out and touch. Those who have taken the step have touched our hearts, hence we greive, but surely their lasting legacy is the touching of the heart and then it becomes clear what we must do.

I realise it is difficult.I too have endured this pain, many moons ago now.
Old 17-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
but there are also times now when I can think of Matt and smile. I think about something funny he said and did, and I can laugh, sometimes cry and laugh at the same time.

Thats it Annona! This is what will help to heal you. My friend had a good sense of humor and when he passed, I thought of some funny stuff he did and started laughing and that is when I first felt his presence. I stayed with it and allowed myself to feel his presence and more funny stuff of his came to mind spontaneously without having to think about it. Im sure it was him sending me those thoughts and vibes.

I practiced these kinds of happy thoughts about and connections with my friend alot and that is what helped me get over my grief. It was then that I realized he will be there for me always and that we are merely connecting and relating in a different way now. I highly recommend you make it a daily practice to think these happy thoughts about Matt and connect with him in that manner. You may still have moments of grief but thats OK, as long you start connecting to him in a new happy way.

Quote:

I am very appreciative of your words today, Seazen

I didnt want to say this on my original post to you at the risk of sounding presumptuous and I wasnt sure, but it kind of felt like Matts presence was "directing" me as I was writing the latter part of my post to you and I went with it, though Im not sure about it. Im still kind of new to this intuition thing (it was probably just my imagination). Anyway, Im happy to hear my words resonated with you and I hope it helps. I wish you the best.

SeaZen
Old 17-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You are still in a relationship, but of a different kind. Matt is in Spirit and here you are, but you Love him and no doubt he Loves you. Things are different for him now, being in Spirit changes people. What doesn't change though, is the Love. I can't tell you for certain, but if you both believe you are twin flames then that Love is never going to go away, it transcends what we perceive as death into Eternity. And you're not the only one that feels this way, it happens quite a lot in here.

But you have to move on, Annonafox. You have to let him go, No, it won't be easy but what if he was sitting there watching you be this way? How would he feel? Chances are pretty good he's getting on with his Life, you have to get on with yours.

I agree with every word, Greenslade.

Heidi... Imagine... If it were you who is in the afterlife, enjoying the light and love and your soul family there. Would you want Mark who is in this world to be thinking about you all the time, and suffering and longing for you? Or would you want him to be enjoying the life and love he has here?

Which is more in the way of True Love?

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 17-10-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 17-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Master
If you love someone don't cling but let go, so Love itself can bring you together at the right time and in the right way.

Xan

Old 18-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
If you love someone don't cling but let go, so Love itself can bring you together at the right time and in the right way.

Xan

If you Love someone, set them free.

Last edited by Greenslade : 18-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 18-10-2010, 04:08 PM
ThinkingAloud

As I understand it from reading many books, your loved ones still love you, still come around you and still take an interest in your life.

Yes, it is said that the spirit word is a wonderful place, but it doesn't mean that you are abandoned or not thought of by your loved ones any more.

I certainly do not believe that he will have any more special relationships over there than he had with you! You had a special and unique bond with him and that love is a taster of heaven on earth because of that love.

So don't get caught up in fear. You had a special bond with Matt and that can never be taken away. It still exists and will always exist. The bond of love exists so strongly even after physical death that they make a huge effort to come and speak to people on earth through gifted mediums.

Last edited by ThinkingAloud : 18-10-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 18-10-2010, 04:55 PM
LightFilledHeart

Sweet Annonafox....

Your fears and sadness are natural and a part of grieving. I would like to tell you of a message that came through me from my beloved husband and twin flame, also passed into spirit, going on some 12 years now. It was simply this:

He said the hardest part of dying is awakening from the dream [the dream being earth life in a finite body], but he said that then you begin to realize that you are waking to so much more! AND he said you take all that you experienced and felt here WITH YOU [it is not "forgotten" or left behind!]... all the love, all the experiences, all the memories. And you can check back in with those you love any time you like. It's as simple as focusing on them, and POOF! You are right there looking in, hearing their words and feeling their feelings.

I don't know if that is of comfort to you, but it surely was to me! I too feared he had "moved on"... that he was "too busy" to give his attention to earthly concerns or those he'd left behind. Not so! They still love and care about us, and though we will never be content with less than the love we shared human being to human being, never-the-less, we DO still have their love and from a more eternal place than this brief temporary experience. We must find what it is we are meant to do and why we are still here and go forth with that, and they remain ever in the background, cheering us on and providing such guidance as we are able to allow in. I say able to allow in, because I know that it's very hard to pull one's self out of grief and the heaviness of that grief and sorrow are very hard for those in the spirit realms to penetrate in order to commune with us. As time goes by and the intensity of your sorrow lifts somewhat, you may find yourself having all SORTS of contact with your beloved Matt... more than you ever hoped for!! Till then, sweet suffering lady, know that he sees you, loves you, and has not "moved on" or left you behind in any fashion. He is not something other than the Matt you knew and loved here... he is something MORE. All that he was here, and more! And so are you, my friend, you just can't feel it right now because of the heavy grief. In time you will reconnect with that aspect of yourself, and when you do it will be much easier for you and your beloved Matt to commune.

Holding you in the Light...

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 18-10-2010 at 04:58 PM.