Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-06-2011, 02:10 AM
johnatre

Different afterlifes?

I am so confused, I don't know if I believe in heaven and/or hell. Or rebirth. I guess I just need proof. Do you mind sharing your beliefs on the afterlife? I would enjoy reading them, as long as they aren't a book a piece o_o

All I know about death and the afterlife is that I'm afraid of it.

Thanks,
johnatre
Old 22-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Ascender

Death is a shift in dimension/vibration, it's re-birth into the spirit world. 'Hell' is not a place of fire and brimstone where people are tortured for eternity. It's an environment shaped by your beliefs and attitude. It's nothing to fear and neither is death. Enjoy this life and when the time comes, accept death like an old friend.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Guide
Dear johnatre,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!

If you are interested in the afterlife issue, you might want to take a peek at the thread called Common Questions about the Afterlife: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3848

I guess that you will find there much of what you are looking for.

I specially suggest you to read the first posts, and if they are appealing to you, you can go ahead reading without any hurry.

I hope you enjoy it!

Love and light,
TISS
Old 22-06-2011, 02:32 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatre
I am so confused, I don't know if I believe in heaven and/or hell. Or rebirth. I guess I just need proof. Do you mind sharing your beliefs on the afterlife? I would enjoy reading them, as long as they aren't a book a piece o_o

All I know about death and the afterlife is that I'm afraid of it.

Thanks,
johnatre

Hi John,

Despite the beliefs of many offered up here and elsewhere, no one really knows beyond a shadow of a doubt what if anything we experience after physical death of the body. Like everyone else, I have thoughts and "beliefs" and I hope they are true, but I can't give you definitive answers, nor can anyone else. I too would like "proof", as I've lost loved ones and it would be comforting, but though I've had experiences I believe to indicate their continued existence, I can't be sure. No one can. I guess death is a frontier we can only explore experientially. It's one of life's great mysteries.
Old 22-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Hi John,

Despite the beliefs of many offered up here and elsewhere, no one really knows beyond a shadow of a doubt what if anything we experience after physical death of the body. Like everyone else, I have thoughts and "beliefs" and I hope they are true, but I can't give you definitive answers, nor can anyone else. I too would like "proof", as I've lost loved ones and it would be comforting, but though I've had experiences I believe to indicate their continued existence, I can't be sure. No one can. I guess death is a frontier we can only explore experientially. It's one of life's great mysteries.

I agree... we can't know for sure...
Old 22-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Master

If you want to know about the afterlife the best person to help you would be one who has experienced it firsthand. Jesus Christ died and rose again from the dead so he knows all about it. The best way to learn about the afterlife would be to start reading the gospels and see what he taught. The gospels contain a record of what he taught before experiencing his death and resurrection, but the fact that he was resurrected proves that he was sent by God and that what he taught was true.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Time

Dont worry abotu it dude, no matter who we are,, we always fear death to some extent. ITs really the only unknown thing we got, dispite what anything tells us. No one knows for sure, becasue no one can prove to us that they talk to dead people LOL ( not saying some people cant , im speaking generaly)

I think you should ask yourself WHY you fear death? IS it because you feel like you lived a wasteful life? or mabey you havnt lived up to your/others expectations? or mabey, like us, you just fear the unknown?

The only way to get over that, is to make your life as fullfilling as possible. We wont know if there is 100% for sure heaven or hell till we die...
Old 22-06-2011, 05:55 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Dont worry abotu it dude, no matter who we are,, we always fear death to some extent. ITs really the only unknown thing we got, dispite what anything tells us. No one knows for sure, becasue no one can prove to us that they talk to dead people LOL ( not saying some people cant , im speaking generaly)

I think you should ask yourself WHY you fear death? IS it because you feel like you lived a wasteful life? or mabey you havnt lived up to your/others expectations? or mabey, like us, you just fear the unknown?

The only way to get over that, is to make your life as fullfilling as possible. We wont know if there is 100% for sure heaven or hell till we die...

Even those who have lived a full life and lived up to their expectations/potential can fear anhialation and extinguishment. It is a visceral, innate and inborn fear, as in the instinctual desire to stay alive, and it's not just found in humans, but in animals as well.

I agree with you that making life as fulfilling as possible is important. Even if you believe in (or at least entertain the possibility of!) reincarnation, there is no way to know for absoulte certain until the time your physical body expires, so might as well make every moment count... it may be all you have!
Old 22-06-2011, 11:22 PM
johnatre

Wow, All those was really interesting to read. Thank you, each and every one of you who shared. I don't know why I am afraid of death, it just seems.. scary.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Ascender

I disagree that we "can't know for sure". There are some on this forum who know, without a doubt, that life continues. They experience and connect with it constantly. And some of the sceptics may say, well that's just a trick of the mind, a projection of the imagination; but our minds can't produce such powerful and real experiences as these individuals undergo.

What it's really all about is the individuals beliefs and values. It has nothing to do with whether life continues or not; that's a given, it won't change. What will is the attitude towards the subject.