Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-02-2018, 12:57 AM
Master

The Direct Approach.

The question often arises about how movement from feeling disconnected to connected occurs and is facilitated. This will vary from seeker to seeker but if All is already One, disconnection from Oneness is already impossible. With The Direct Approach that proposition is therefore the basis of the response to the seeker and if communicated clearly from the start at least removes the idea that there is something lacking in terms of connection! One can then consider what stands in the way of ending the feeling of disconnection whilst being clear that that feeling is not disconnected:) That may be enough for some seekers to shift perception and end the feeling of disconnection:) BLAM!

As Nisargadatta said it may be fast or slow, and no doubt depends on where the seeker is at.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:34 AM
Knower
Indeed!

Mooji is very direct. His words caused me to KABLAMMY, awaken.
But not all respond the same way to his words. When I was new to it I used to practically shout at the screen when people were asking Mooji "stupid questions" over and over.

I think it also depends on how important the seeker views the new information as. If a seeker disregards the information, then it's almost useless. If a seeker thinks "hmm thats kinda cool" then they will progress slowly. If a seeker thinks "holy **** that is amazing!" then they will probably blossom right there in front of you.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:09 AM
Knower
At the risk of opening the mouth....

There would be no disconnect if everyone kept their mouth shut.

“I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.”
-- Charles C. Finn
Old 06-02-2018, 06:34 AM
Knower
I am as a 'talking' contradiction as I open my mouth once again.

So on the other side of the nonduality/ duality coin is sharing thoughts, personal experience in a journey of all that and more.

There is going to be a disconnect as this medium allows each other to reach people all along the journey. The environment/ view is going to look different at different places in the journey hence different viewpoints.

Imagine two people on the journey, one is at the beginning and another way far ahead. Could you imagine yourself either of the two communicating their journey to the other? It's quite possible that both feel that they are the one of the two of them that is "far ahead' of the other. When quite possible they are both closer together in relativity to the entire length of the journey.

Putting things in their true perspective is a humbling experience. That is where connected-ness really resides.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I am as a 'talking' contradiction as I open my mouth once again.

So on the other side of the nonduality/ duality coin is sharing thoughts, personal experience in a journey of all that and more.

There is going to be a disconnect as this medium allows each other to reach people all along the journey. The environment/ view is going to look different at different places in the journey hence different viewpoints.

Imagine two people on the journey, one is at the beginning and another way far ahead. Could you imagine yourself either of the two communicating their journey to the other? It's quite possible that both feel that they are the one of the two of them that is "far ahead' of the other. When quite possible they are both closer together in relativity to the entire length of the journey.

Putting things in their true perspective is a humbling experience. That is where connected-ness really resides.

The connection referred to is the connection between the seeker and Source or whatever label the seeker may give to Oneness without distinction or discrimination. Connection between apparently separate looking people may or may not be felt, with or without opening the mouth:) Either way each is the other and the One Love in action, dreaming difference where there is none.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
Indeed!

Mooji is very direct. His words caused me to KABLAMMY, awaken.
But not all respond the same way to his words. When I was new to it I used to practically shout at the screen when people were asking Mooji "stupid questions" over and over.

I think it also depends on how important the seeker views the new information as. If a seeker disregards the information, then it's almost useless. If a seeker thinks "hmm thats kinda cool" then they will progress slowly. If a seeker thinks "holy **** that is amazing!" then they will probably blossom right there in front of you.

KABLAMM sounds much better than mere BLAM. Thanks:)

Yes reaction to the direct approach varies. For those whom it doesn't work at all, hopefully they may be attracted to path and/or practise rather than remain in complete despair. If neither work, things can change with time. What may not work now may work later after life continues to happen and has its effect on our vibration/frequency. Also Nisargadatta said to one seeker who was in complete despair, that it was a most beneficial state for it to happen.

Last edited by Iamit : 07-02-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:12 AM
Knower
The direct approach (or otherwise) is an illusion coming around again.

Approach?

What approach? Nothing approaches nonduality.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:18 AM
Master

Quote:

Approach?

if you could let go of a certain thing, without being tempted to use letting go itself as an 'approach' to another thing, you might find yourself there anyway. The taoists hinted at this.

But who could do it?
Old 07-02-2018, 03:40 AM
Knower
If by approach a person mean 'around' then I understand the context of approach but there is nothing direct about proximity when approach and nonduality are linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if you could let go of a certain thing, without being tempted to use letting go itself as an 'approach' to another thing, you might find yourself there anyway. The taoists hinted at this.

But who could do it?

That definitely resonates.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:

Approach?

What is meant by approach is simply the various responses offered to seekers. The response of The Direct Approach has already been described.