Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I'm a little confused as to where I stand on my spirituality at the moment. I seem to be dfrifting away from Buddhism into more "generalised" spirituality, if that's a term? I love reading books by Neale Donald Walsch, Deepak Chopra and seem to have a bit of an obsession with books on near death experiences. My belief in God is a pantheistic one, i.e I believe the universe is God and that there is no such thing as seperation between anything in it. Is Pantheism itself a religious belief or does it tie itself merely to Buddhism, Taoism etc?
Are there others out there who feel that they don't tie themselves to any specific religious or spiritual belief?

Welcome to walking your own Path. It's not easy sometimes but it's worth it every time. It's certainly more fun than jumping into a box.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
supernova

Quote:
I'm a little confused as to where I stand on my spirituality at the moment. I seem to be dfrifting away from Buddhism into more "generalised" spirituality, if that's a term? I love reading books by Neale Donald Walsch, Deepak Chopra and seem to have a bit of an obsession with books on near death experiences. My belief in God is a pantheistic one, i.e I believe the universe is God and that there is no such thing as seperation between anything in it. Is Pantheism itself a religious belief or does it tie itself merely to Buddhism, Taoism etc?
Are there others out there who feel that they don't tie themselves to any specific religious or spiritual belief?

In fact we get lost if we wander off groping for faiths. There are innumerable faiths and all are deceiving. You have to carve out your own and find your own voice or else you wile out-voiced and will lose your path. There are so many faiths and to argue one faith is better than another is likened to say the orange is sweeter than the apple. Tastes vary with eaters. I never can say Islam is better than Hinduism or Christianity is better than Islam. But once you take a dip in a religion then only you can know the depth of it. Judgment is totally misleading and we cannot judge in actuality.

Therefore take your own course and then you will arrive at Nirvana
Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I am a christian pretty much evangelical at the core but for all practicality am a mystic one. While I dont subscribe to denominational tethering, I guess i read and evaluate and do whatever gives me access to the God of the universe. My personal method for that and the only successful one I have found is via Jesus. Only through accessing the holy spirit on meditative times do I feel at one with God and to some degree the universe too. But thats me.

I hope you find a path thats right for you and you wil get lots of help here if you want it.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Porcelain

I'm a mixed bag too. I agree with ZipZip
Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
Hi Greg,

there are tons of stuff to help you on your path, but for me, the truth comes from within. Basically, whatever resonates with me is my truth. I'm kind of a mixed bag of stuff. From what I have read from some people on this forum, I think they are too. lol

So, whatever resonates with you, is your truth. But more than anything, go within.

zipzip

Let the rebellion begin :-)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
supernova

Spirituality is so much misapprehended today that it has not been something impressive. Spirituality is tied up with religious dogmas and most who want to think rationally do not accept spirituality as something to stick to. They always try to do away with spirituality though the benefit of being spiritual is measureless. I am for instance not religious. I am spiritual. I can go to a temple but I love going to mosques and churches too. But I always loathe fundamentalism and do not want to debate that one religion is better than another. To say one religion, even considering paganism, is sacrilegious. It is like saying one race is better than the other since the whole idea of racism is corrupt. So is religion. It divides humans.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Knower
You are exactly where you need to be at any given moment in time ....
Old 08-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Let the rebellion begin :-)

zipzip
Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Clovelly. My religion is literally 'Meditation' at the moment, which I think is a pretty cool religion :)

Greg - I'm with you. My present form of connection with the higher powers that be is through meditation. I left the formal "church" some 15 years ago. I like having a one-on-one personal relationship with my maker. I feel centered and at peace through meditation. Nothing wrong with calling meditation your religion as it connects you with your own spirit's essence.

Blackraven