Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 29-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Experiencer
Question Purpose of meeting people who mirror your life circumstances/choices

Hello all!

What's the purpose in meeting people that mirror your life? For example, I've been meeting people who have gone through the same life struggles that I have gone through. I find myself joking, and calling them my long lost twin, but, it keeps occurring and now I'm wondering if this is a sign for things to come? If so, what's coming?

Ex: For the past couple of years, I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life (career wise) so I've tried a variety of jobs and lived in a variety of cites. I just met a co-worker who is the same age as me and has done the exact same thing for the same number of years. Coincidence? I think not...

Thought?
Old 29-01-2011, 06:20 AM
SoaringSpirit

You're probably being 'shown' what you need to change about your life....
Old 29-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Dreamer444

I dont think its coincidence, people come and go from our lives but we feel more drawn to the people that have the same problems as we do. I have a friend thats like my double we are like the same person even though we look totally different. Were both geminis and are often asked if were sisters too lol.
I think she is a soul from a past life, someone I was very close with we have a special bond, its the best friendship ever when you meet someone like that.
Old 29-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
You're probably being 'shown' what you need to change about your life....

How can meeting people with similar lives be showing me what to change about my life? We have similar lives...
Old 30-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Master
there is no purpose, like attracts like, you guys are on simliar vibrations so you attract each other
Old 30-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Master
Here is a teaching of enlightenment, of Maya:

You are meeting your own self in another form. Everybody/situation you meet is a mirror - because the world outside of you is a reflection of the world inside of you. It's the same idea as dreaming - the dream world is what you create with your mind. In the waking state, we just live in a bigger dream, one where all the different parts of ourselves are dreaming - so we're creating a big dream together. It's just that when you physically go to sleep and dream, you become aware of this process. In the gross physical world it has become solidified and appears as real. What you are attracted to or repelled by, you will draw toward yourself because that part of you wants to go out and be expressed. Once you learn how to react in the best way, a way that creates harmony and oneness, your awareness will change and everything around you will change as you move on to the next dream "story"...

You can experiment with this, play with this and learn to be a master player of this virtual reality game called Life. Ask your higher power for guidance about something and notice, really notice (be mindful in the moment every moment) what comes to you from the world outside of you and what comes up from within you. Soon you will discover patterns. This week the teaching is about X, next week it's about Y...... That's when you come into your own power. That is a big step in self realization.

What do you think?
Old 30-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

You are meeting your own self in another form. Everybody/situation you meet is a mirror - because the world outside of you is a reflection of the world inside of you. It's the same idea as dreaming - the dream world is what you create with your mind. In the waking state, we just live in a bigger dream, one where all the different parts of ourselves are dreaming - so we're creating a big dream together. It's just that when you physically go to sleep and dream, you become aware of this process. In the gross physical world it has become solidified and appears as real. What you are attracted to or repelled by, you will draw toward yourself because that part of you wants to go out and be expressed. Once you learn how to react in the best way, a way that creates harmony and oneness, your awareness will change and everything around you will change as you move on to the next dream "story"...

You can experiment with this, play with this and learn to be a master player of this virtual reality game called Life. Ask your higher power for guidance about something and notice, really notice (be mindful in the moment every moment) what comes to you from the world outside of you and what comes up from within you. Soon you will discover patterns. This week the teaching is about X, next week it's about Y...... That's when you come into your own power. That is a big step in self realization.

What do you think?

i like that....
Old 30-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
there is no purpose, like attracts like, you guys are on simliar vibrations so you attract each other

Eh. I dunno. I'm almost 30 and this has never happened to me before. If we always attract like, why hasn't it happened before? (Or maybe it has and I didn't notice?) It seems like within the past year, I keep meeting people who mirror me. Could it be because I'm becoming more spiritual these days? That's the only thing I can think of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

What do you think?

This sounds great but I'm confused. I might need a PM; I need a lot of clarification. Lol.

Are you saying that because I'm focusing on spiritual development and finding my passion, I will come across people who are on a spiritual path and seeking their passion? If that's the case, I don't think my co-worker is "spiritual"...but he has been trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life.

I'd like to learn more about paying attn to how I react b/c I feel like I'm supposed to be learning something...which is why I posted this thread. :)

Thanks for the info!
Old 30-01-2011, 05:42 AM
SoaringSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete

How can meeting people with similar lives be showing me what to change about my life? We have similar lives...

When someone wants to change something in their physical body, the first thing they do is examine themselves in a mirror so they can see where they need to do the most work............

Meeting these people is like you're being shown yourself in a mirror so that you can see where you need to do work.........
Old 30-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete
Are you saying that because I'm focusing on spiritual development and finding my passion, I will come across people who are on a spiritual path and seeking their passion? If that's the case, I don't think my co-worker is "spiritual"...but he has been trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life.

I'd like to learn more about paying attn to how I react b/c I feel like I'm supposed to be learning something...which is why I posted this thread. :)

Thanks for the info!

In a way my entire website is devoted to your question so you might find a lot of answers there. Paying attention to how you react is a great practice, a kind of mindful witnessing. One teaching is about seeds of attachment lying dormant in our deep memory and people or situations triggering a response that makes them spring into life. As creatures of habit, we react automatically based on these sprouts...but when you practice intentional action, study how you react and transform your reaction. Easier said than done but Life gives us lots of practice!