Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 30-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
When someone wants to change something in their physical body, the first thing they do is examine themselves in a mirror so they can see where they need to do the most work............

Meeting these people is like you're being shown yourself in a mirror so that you can see where you need to do work.........

Oh, ok. Got it!

Funny you say this b/c when I started working there, I noticed he'd do things I used to do and I'd catch myself thinking, "Ugh! What's wrong with him!?" But then a little voice (<-well, not really...but you know what I mean. Lol) would say, "You used to do the same thing...and people thought the same thing about you." Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
In a way my entire website is devoted to your question so you might find a lot of answers there. Paying attention to how you react is a great practice, a kind of mindful witnessing. One teaching is about seeds of attachment lying dormant in our deep memory and people or situations triggering a response that makes them spring into life. As creatures of habit, we react automatically based on these sprouts...but when you practice intentional action, study how you react and transform your reaction. Easier said than done but Life gives us lots of practice!

I'll check out your website. Thanks!
Old 31-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Master
ArtisticAthlete - I think we often cannot face and accept aspects and behaviors about ourselves because we're just lacking in introspection. But when we keep meeting people on our life paths that mirror our true selves we are forced to take a real serious look at ourselves and ask ourselves questions about just who we are, who we've become. I've met several people along the way that have mirrored myself over and over until I finally accepted what they were mirroring to me. Then those types of people stopped coming into my life. That's the lesson - self knowledge and self acceptance!

Blackraven
Old 31-01-2011, 02:31 PM
lanbee

I'm just glad to have found this site. I haven't been "meeting" anyone I feel comfortable discussing these matters with.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Here is a teaching of enlightenment, of Maya:

You are meeting your own self in another form. Everybody/situation you meet is a mirror - because the world outside of you is a reflection of the world inside of you. It's the same idea as dreaming - the dream world is what you create with your mind. In the waking state, we just live in a bigger dream, one where all the different parts of ourselves are dreaming - so we're creating a big dream together. It's just that when you physically go to sleep and dream, you become aware of this process. In the gross physical world it has become solidified and appears as real. What you are attracted to or repelled by, you will draw toward yourself because that part of you wants to go out and be expressed. Once you learn how to react in the best way, a way that creates harmony and oneness, your awareness will change and everything around you will change as you move on to the next dream "story"...

You can experiment with this, play with this and learn to be a master player of this virtual reality game called Life. Ask your higher power for guidance about something and notice, really notice (be mindful in the moment every moment) what comes to you from the world outside of you and what comes up from within you. Soon you will discover patterns. This week the teaching is about X, next week it's about Y...... That's when you come into your own power. That is a big step in self realization.

What do you think?

Just wanted to say this is an awesome post, Uma.. :)

And, Rosewater I agree!