Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
Once stayed awake for 4 days, and kept getting tracks following everything that moved?!

Now that DID suck! lol

I get this sometimes AM, thankfully without sleep deprivation, I believe it to be a sight iof the inherent energy within objects/matter, of course it could just be my eyes going, bummer!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM
ljepotica

Well try having not much by way of sleep anyhow-without any babies around and without any coffee or drug types and without wanting to experience sleep deprivation type excercises...

Try that for I guess about 4 years or over-where when you do sleep it's like about 4 hours on average but when you work it's around 2-3 hours most of the time...

Ok when was the last time I slept like a log without waking up 55 times during the night?

Er...is what seems like "never" an option?

Geeeeez....that certainly sucks biiiiiiiiig tiiiiiiiime!!

-Perhaps that's why my brain waves are rather different to most people I've met...it'll certainly explain why I get what I could say "mental brain leaping" and real weird feelings as if time is "skipping" but doesn't really skip...things move quite a lot of the time and my head/mind feel like they're flying!!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I get this sometimes AM, thankfully without sleep deprivation, I believe it to be a sight iof the inherent energy within objects/matter, of course it could just be my eyes going, bummer!!

I get the exact same thing, I wonder what it is!?

George Spiller
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljepotica
-Perhaps that's why my brain waves are rather different to most people I've met...it'll certainly explain why I get what I could say "mental brain leaping" and real weird feelings as if time is "skipping" but doesn't really skip...things move quite a lot of the time and my head/mind feel like they're flying!!

Maybe in your past life you were a dog, like a mini fox terrier or something. Or else you were probably a bug, one of those energetic/flitty ones.

Zemel Zemel

Last edited by Enlightener : 03-02-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Just wanted to express my profound sadness for your condition john, tell me does vipassna meditation prior to sleep help at all?

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, just now saw this. And yes, meditation does help if I'm tired enough, but only to a point. Where I usually will doze off and on for maybe 90 minutes at a time, twice a day, I'm trying a new approach. I now only try to sleep once a day, after a short 30 minute focused meditation. I've been averaging 4-4.5 hours of more restful sleep. Once I wake up and am functional, I then do one of my longer meditations.

John
Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Personally I think taking drugs as you've mentioned it elsewhere isn't a wise decision. That said, it's something everyone has to decide theirselves. I do wish you wouldn't promote it as much as you do, as I feel that's irresponsible.

John

I agree with you there Tiltjlp, though you have obviously had the 40+ years experience over me to make that decision for yourself.
I only really promote marijuana, as I can see the benefits in its use. And I only really promote marijuana that is naturally grown, no chemicals; as they can screw with your brain.

That said, I think my drug-taking days are pretty much over...at least for the time being.

Enlightener
Old 04-02-2007, 02:17 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I agree with you there Tiltjlp, though you have obviously had the 40+ years experience over me to make that decision for yourself.
I only really promote marijuana, as I can see the benefits in its use. And I only really promote marijuana that is naturally grown, no chemicals; as they can screw with your brain.

That said, I think my drug-taking days are pretty much over...at least for the time being.

Enlightener

That's great to hear Enlightener. I hope you'll find there can be a lot of benefits from having a clear mind, just as I did. Marijuana never did a lot for me, but I was under the influence of demon rum, as well as Jack Daniels, for way too long a period. I'll celebrate 35 years sober April 1st.

John
Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
That's great to hear Enlightener. I hope you'll find there can be a lot of benefits from having a clear mind, just as I did. Marijuana never did a lot for me, but I was under the influence of demon rum, as well as Jack Daniels, for way too long a period. I'll celebrate 35 years sober April 1st.

John

Yes, I've found that use is far more beneficial than ab-use. I find having just a little bit every once and a while helps me to define my thoughts and open me up, so I am more creative.

I think that the reason I promote this substance is that it makes me feel incredibly spritiual every time I take it, it makes me feel enlightened, and that is the best feeling/mindset to exist in. Though the 'enlightenment' usually lasts only when under the influence of the drug.

Enl(gishskljs)ightener
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Nomad

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...hiftwork/96742

Dont do it!

One DJ famously tried ten days and nights on air under scientific conditions, his mental health suffered dramaticaly as a result.

Check the link above, its quite hard finding information on this, this is the best I could find at short notice but doesnt go into any detail of the disasterous effects that the DJ experienced for months after the experiment.

Last edited by Nomad : 04-02-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
fool

Firstly. My hat goes off as always to mothers having to live with broken sleep, its never a good thing.(my children are older now so I'm kept up later, and then they never want to get up yhe next day!!!!!)

Personally I've worked shifts for 15 years, ( 12 hour shifts both nights and days) and regulary have long periods of little or even no sleep.

there are two points I feel I must add, Firstly and this has been scientifically proven! lack of sleep is not good for your health and will premeturely age you. and therefore is not something to just do for the sake of it.
but what I've found does happen with lack of sleep is your brain reacts purely to what is happening, in my case that usually means if i think of something , i say it!!!! this is either a fantastic release from the confines of expected behaviour, thus allowing me to truely grasp fundements of my psyche, or a sucsession of embarressing moments that are briefly followed by me apologising for blurting out whatevers going on in my head, and usually its the latter.
Closed Thread