Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Master

I would recommend multiple bibles. Among the many I have are 2 that have not been mentioned....The Message and the Lamsa bible. Sometimes reading different bibles and comparing them is a way to see things in a different light and help bring better understanding.

Think about this: Why the synoptic Gospels? Essentially 3 gospels telling the same story. But each one can give a slightly different viewpoint and thereby help to explain each other. We could all give examples.
Old 13-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Master

One of my favorite examples comes by comparing Matthew 5:48 with Luke 6:36. They come at exactly the same place in the Sermon on the Mount.

Matthew 5:48...."Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Luke 6:36...…"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."

It was always hard for me to understand how to be perfect. This helped me to realize that perfection can be defined by mercy......and that mercy helps to define perfection. In conjunction they lead to greater understanding. My logic behind using multiple bibles. If one becomes obsessed with finding the perfect bible they are only fooling themselves. Something will be lost.
Old 23-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would recommend multiple bibles. Among the many I have are 2 that have not been mentioned....The Message and the Lamsa bible. Sometimes reading different bibles and comparing them is a way to see things in a different light and help bring better understanding.

Think about this: Why the synoptic Gospels? Essentially 3 gospels telling the same story. But each one can give a slightly different viewpoint and thereby help to explain each other. We could all give examples.
Good point: reading and comparing multiple Bibles.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2019, 01:50 AM
Master
I would consider a Bible to be on 'the pathway of being a good' Bible if it translates the Old Testament (Masoretic Text) using share words when the English has no equivalent.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2019, 06:37 AM
Pathfinder

Choosing Bibles

John

Whichever you choose don't forget it's imperative to have the King James as your foundation.I studied intently for nearly a decade and the Book of Old and New Testament I utilized was printed in 1966.The omissions were and are absolutely strange and my control Manuscript was the King James.It revealed the omissions of course some of which surprised me and actually semi disillusioned me.I noticed a new revised version of the same Book I studied and guess what?I checked the first two omissions to see if they had corrected them and only one of them was corrected.You'd be surprised at the one they didn't correct.You've got to have the James as your control.No twist intended.Actually you end up revealing every other Bible made with the James as the guide.Two forces involved with the revisers one is good and the other is shall we note capricious veering from God's original or plain near abysmal brouhaha.They opted to leave out Christ's crucial directive when asking for the colt .And His directive was the word "Straightway".You can presume that modern perversion amongst some of the clergy was the reason for the continued omission.Don't be fooled and great wishes choosing your other source other than the James yet you must have that.No doubt God and Christ are the Teachers.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 1:00 A.M. December 24th. 2019.
Old 24-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Master

Guys, the best bible is the original Greek and read it for yourself in Greek. Everything else is just a translation

One exception is the Septuagint is a decent translation of the OT, preserving some more original readings. such as Proverbs 8:35 "For my outgoings are the outgoings of life, and is prepared favour from the Lord."
This refers to the breast milk of wisdom, which Christianity preserved the ancient Jewish milk analogy, until that too got removed when the Catholics decided to use Greek philosophy to express the faith!
Old 26-12-2019, 02:48 AM
Master
Why do you claim the Septuagint is a decent translation?

A lot of the problems we have with translations can be traced to the Septuagint.

Old 26-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Master

come on BJ the Septuagint isn't that bad, they did the best they could!
sure you have to go back to Hebrew to hope to understand the OT terminology
in a few places though it's got some good readings. like Proverbs which settled down quite late. i did a little research into the Aramaic targum version - thinking it might be more authentic somehow. It isn't! Septuagint way better
Old 26-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Master
Look at the Septuagint. That translation, for the most part, brought about probably the greatest alteration of the Bible by removing the name of God. Today, most people do not realize the Bible did contain God's name - over 6000 times.

Another word replaced was Elohim - used over 6000 times. Was Elohim a title, name or both? For the average person, they do not even know the word even existed.

For words that Greek did not have a Hebrew equivalent, they should have used share words and that was their biggest mistake.

Old 31-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniRedVT
John

Whichever you choose don't forget it's imperative to have the King James as your foundation.I studied intently for nearly a decade and the Book of Old and New Testament I utilized was printed in 1966.The omissions were and are absolutely strange and my control Manuscript was the King James.It revealed the omissions of course some of which surprised me and actually semi disillusioned me.I noticed a new revised version of the same Book I studied and guess what?I checked the first two omissions to see if they had corrected them and only one of them was corrected.You'd be surprised at the one they didn't correct.You've got to have the James as your control.No twist intended.Actually you end up revealing every other Bible made with the James as the guide.Two forces involved with the revisers one is good and the other is shall we note capricious veering from God's original or plain near abysmal brouhaha.They opted to leave out Christ's crucial directive when asking for the colt .And His directive was the word "Straightway".You can presume that modern perversion amongst some of the clergy was the reason for the continued omission.Don't be fooled and great wishes choosing your other source other than the James yet you must have that.No doubt God and Christ are the Teachers.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 1:00 A.M. December 24th. 2019.
I think everybody uses the King James Bible as a reference.

The King James Bible gleaned a lot from the Bishops'' Bible (1602 edition).