Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-12-2019, 12:32 PM
ImthatIm

Here is one reason ThatMan.

There are a whole bunch of frauds and fakers out there that
sour people on the whole idea.
They make claims and money is involved many times.

People get left with money gone and no fruits of the claims.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
According to the Bible the gift of healing and miracles were only for the Disciples..

That's the general interpretation, I think the spiritual gifts are for everyone who follows Christ, there were people, on the time of Christ, doing His work, and they were not even His direct disciples, remember: Mark 9:38 "Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”"
Old 12-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
That's the general interpretation, I think the spiritual gifts are for everyone who follows Christ, there were people, on the time of Christ, doing His work, and they were not even His direct disciples, remember: Mark 9:38 "Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”"

Driving out demons is not a miracle
There are no demons to drive out.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Master

Quote:

It's about having that kind of power Jesus had, that man, was not one of them.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
According to the Bible the gift of healing and miracles were only for the Disciples/Prophets.

As far as I have ever seen, the scriptures do not hold that position.

Mark 9:38-40 speaks on that very subject.

"“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. "

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:

This is a core teaching of Christianity.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I can't understand why there is a disbelief when it comes to the spiritual gifts, why are so many people that don't believe they can do what Jesus did and even greater things? Usually, when someone has a spiritual gift and then talks about it, then people appear and accuse this person that she/he is working for the devil, just as it happened on the time of Christ, they have an obsession with the devil.

I, myself, believe, with all my being, that we can do what Jesus did and even greater things, and I have set myself a goal to be able to manifest the power of the Creator in this world, it does not matter what it takes.

What is your opinion? It's the power of God still given to mankind? What does it take for one to manifest this power?

I personally believe in spiritual gifts, both they're use the Body of Christ and they're corruption outside of Her.

I also believe that we can do better than what Jesus did by way of supernatural feats... well, I think he kinda raised the bar to impossible after he came back from the dead, but excluding that, I believe that we can do great things.

I feel that the number of people who have not yet been exposed to spiritual gifts do not have a tangible and personal experience of what they are and how they operate. And to hear of what you haven't experienced or been cultured to believe, well, this statement explains it!

I believe that the Power of God is given to people, but for a specific purpose to further God's plans on earth.

I would like to share the concept of the Measure/Unction of God's Power.

God and His Spirit are one, and so the Spirit is Infinite in its essence and nature. Yet, when He descended down upon the Earth, He came to rest upon people and lead them, and this is where measure comes in; The Spirit that rests upon us is immeasurable but His Anointment is in measures. Luke 4:18 points at the Holy Ghost being the source of the Anointment, and anyone Anointed is considered to have a measure of God's Spirit/Anointment/Power.

Now, Apostle Paul, even after encountering the Resurrected Jesus didn't receive the Spirit from Him directly, but through a man named Ananias through the laying on of hands. This then enabled him to preach the Gospel backed by Gods Power. The Measure of God's Power comes to us through a person (vessel) that is connected with the passing down from one vessel to another by way of Dispensation and Transmission of the Gospel and the lineage Priesthood succession (The Holy Ghost resting upon and measure of the Power entrusted with).

The Holy Spirit releases a particular Dispensation and supporting Transmission to an entrusted vessel. The Vessel then releases this Dispensation as a Message unto the people and the Transmission of Power is used to back the Message or particular Dispensation he/she is under.

When the work is too much, the entrusted vessel recruits a number of people who will help in dispensing this particular Message and they receive Transmission of Gods Power. The entrusted vessel then chooses others to function under this particular Dispensation and Transmission of God's Power and they too receive a transmission through the entrusted vessel.

It is an entire pyramid formation with Jesus Christ at the top, and this pyramid formation is known as the Body of Christ.

Now, the measure of Power is what makes the spiritual gifts operate at 100% percent, and therefore, if a person hasn't understood the particular Dispensation and Transmission they should operate under, then the Power of God will wait for them until they come to this understanding. There are Gifts attached to this Dispensation and Transmission, And then there are Gifts that can be acquired, but all spiritual Gifts help the Dispensation. Spiritual Gifts can also be transmitted to others both within and outside the Dispensation.

But to receive a measure of Gods Power, one needs identify what Dispensation and Transmission they were born to function under, and then identify the person within this Pyramid (Alive of course) that God has entrusted a measure of His Power/Anointment to. God is always faithful and quick to let a person know about this.
Old 13-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Quote:
What is your opinion?
#1--Is the power of God still given to mankind?
#2--What does it take for one to manifest this power?

#1 -- Omg is it ever !! Never changed.
#2-- Belief, with no doubt what-so-ever.
Ask, believe, receive still stands. It's the core of my belief system, and ya know what?
So far so good. Oh, the stories I could tell - ha, and people think the Holy Spirit doesn't
still heal people? Car-razy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Experiencer

I just read this tonight and thought I'd share. This is a quote from Jesus:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:12‭-‬14 NIV
Old 17-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
I just read this tonight and thought I'd share. This is a quote from Jesus:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:12‭-‬14 NIV
GREAT SCRIPTURES

which open up numerous questions which many are in denial.