Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Experiencer

Unnecessary forms of suffering and hardship we're better off without

Many people say that this life is a cruel joke that consists of unnecessary forms of suffering and hardship that we're better off not having. I have to agree with these people. For example, animals go through unnecessary abuse. Their suffering only makes them more aggressive, violent, devastated, and unloving. It basically serves no benefit for them, and they're much better off never having gone through all that abuse. They would've gained so much benefit from living with loving, caring owners, and that would've been the much better alternative than living with abusive owners.

Actually, they would've been much better off remaining in heaven, and never having come to Earth because it's in heaven where they can experience the most profound, intense joy, and don't have to suffer. Another example of unnecessary suffering and hardship would be people who have to live their lives on life support, and can no longer pursue any amazing talent they had. For example, if someone was an amazing stunt performer who brought joy to many people, then he could no longer pursue his amazing talent that he wanted to pursue if he developed cancer, and had to live on life support.

If his talent was unique, and unlike any other, then that would make the situation all the more worse because he had a unique, amazing talent to share to the world that he could no longer share. I hear many people complain that they're better off never having certain illnesses, and how said illnesses have robbed their lives and talents. If their illnesses have given them forms of learning and growth, then there are better ways to learn and grow as an individual than having your life and talents robbed by an illness.

Another form of suffering that's unnecessary would be grieving over the loss of a loved one. Spiritual believers encourage others to be convinced of the existence of a heavenly afterlife, so that they don't grieve over the loss of their loves ones. There are people who have near death experiences, go on trips to a heavenly afterlife, meet angels, and become convinced of a heavenly afterlife. This conviction gives them hope, and prevents them from grieving over the loss of their loves ones.

So, grief is something unnecessary to be avoided. When we're in grief, we're in a pit of negativity, such as a pit of despair, hate, suicidal tendencies, etc. Our goal in life is the positivity, such as the joy, love, laughter, etc. The more positivity we have, the better of a life we're living. Positivity is holy and divine, which makes negativity unholy. The more negativity we have, the worse of a life we're living, and it's no way to live or be an artist. Since grief is a form of negativity, then we don't need it. Some forms of negativity do give our lives much more positivity than we could've ever obtained otherwise.

But, like I said, our goal is to have the most positivity we can throughout our lives. The more of it we have, and the more profound and intense it is, the better. So, the more positive emotions we feel, and the more profound and intense they are, the better. In conclusion, I've had many miserable struggles throughout my life, due to many devastating moments, and they were very horrible pits of negativity for me. For me, these struggles were worthless, unnecessary, no way to live, and a waste of many years of my life. They didn't make me a more loving, compassionate, giving person, and I would've been much better off without them.

If my struggles did give me some form of learning and growth, then I would've been much better off having obtained this learning and growth a better, more positive way. So, if the form of growth I obtained through my miserable struggles was becoming stronger as an individual, then I could've instead obtained that growth by training my mind, body, and spirit while being in a positive state of mind throughout this whole training process. It's simply unnecessary for me to have gone through all those horrible, negative experiences.

So, if god, or his angels, wanted me to become a stronger person, then they could've planned a life for me where I don't have these miserable struggles, and instead gain strength as an individual another way. In regards to these miserable struggles, I felt so many negative emotions due to these struggles, such as misery, hate, the desire to give up on my goals and dreams, the desire to end my life, etc., and I never needed those negative emotions. By having these struggles, I was trapped in a negative state of mind, and that was no way to live for me, and no place for my mind to be.

Even Buddhists say that such suffering is nothing good, no way to live, and no place for our minds to be. Since many people, including me, go through such unnecessary suffering throughout their lives, it makes me wonder if god, or his angels, even care about us, since they allow us to go through it. I wonder if souls are just sent to this Earthly existence to go through unnecessary forms of suffering and hardship.

Last edited by MattMVS7 : 07-12-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Master

Ah Matt, you live in a fantasy world full of theoretical ifs and how the world should be. Your life has unfolded in a particular way - what is the point of continually repeating that it could have been different? It is all an idea which you are holding on to.

You seem to be resisting your life experiences. Why not embrace them? What has happened has happened. You experienced what you experienced. You are where you are. What happens next is up to you.

Peace
Old 07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Master

I'll be using "you" bellow in an impersonal sense, referring to no person in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
... theoretical ifs and how the world should be. ... what is the point of continually repeating that it could have been different? ...
I agree with that. We create our reality. If you don't like the way it is, then create one you like.

Quote:
You seem to be resisting your life experiences. Why not embrace them?
I disagree with that. You have to be an assertive creator and not a reactive one, an active creator and not a passive one.

Quote:
What has happened has happened. You experienced what you experienced. You are where you are. What happens next is up to you.

Peace
I agree with that.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Knower
Our experiences, for better or worse, shape us to an extent. However, there are some incidents of cruelty that make me not only doubt the notion of an omnipotent, omnipresent, and kind god, but make me think that maybe such a being exists but is simply against us. Some things seem too cruel to be a a random act of a chaotic universe.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Ah Matt, you live in a fantasy world full of theoretical ifs and how the world should be. Your life has unfolded in a particular way - what is the point of continually repeating that it could have been different? It is all an idea which you are holding on to.

You seem to be resisting your life experiences. Why not embrace them? What has happened has happened. You experienced what you experienced. You are where you are. What happens next is up to you.

Peace

An all-loving god would've had it different. He wouldn't allow all those animals to be abused, and he would've done everything in his power to prevent these miserable struggles I've had. Since he's not preventing any of this, then that means he's not an all-loving god. This is the point I'm trying to make by explaining the better, alternative scenario of animals not being abused, and me not having those miserable struggles. In addition, god's angels aren't all-loving either, since they're allowing all this suffering.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
An all-loving god would've had it different. He wouldn't allow all those animals to be abused, and he would've done everything in his power to prevent these miserable struggles I've had. Since he's not preventing any of this, then that means he's not an all-loving god. This is the point I'm trying to make by explaining the better, alternative scenario of animals not being abused, and me not having those miserable struggles. In addition, god's angels aren't all-loving either, since they're allowing all this suffering.

Maybe there is "no god" the way you imagine ...

Think about you being "the god" of your dreams! Like most of us, you probably have nightmares, occasionally. Imagine what your dream characters think about "their god" and their tribulations.

What you could do, is to take an assertive attitude, instead of a reactive one. Don't complain about what isn't right, don't expect things to be fixed from outside.

Do your best, and change whatever you can, and especially your thoughts and expectations! Don't even complain about your peers not following your ideas or example, as each one of us sees things differently ... creates a different version of the reality (this is the same way as each one of us dreams only their own individual dreams).

The Universe will always reward you, on average, with what you deserve!

If you're focused on what you have to complain about, that'll impede what you're thinking and doing, and the Universe will reward you, accordingly, with less.

If you don't believe me, (why should you?), turn inwards, in an altered state of consciousness, ask for guidance and knowledge, trust and follow your own inner source!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
But, like I said, our goal is to have the most positivity we can throughout our lives.

Accept that you simply don't have the power or the right to decide this for anyone. You can talk 'shoulds' all day, but you'll never have the power to change this.

If I incarnated to experience certain situations, that's my choice in my expansion of my consciousness and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. What you perceive as me suffering might simply be me gathering information for the future expansion of Source or God consciousness which other individuals are going to need in linear time, to discover things.

Quote:
The more of it we have, and the more profound and intense it is, the better. So, the more positive emotions we feel, and the more profound and intense they are, the better.

Sitting around having a good time, that's all that is. I'm not knocking it...skill building, joy, love in the positive polarity are all great legitimate authentic expressions. But at least, it's only a 50% experience. Those same things in the negative polarity, well that's where the rubber REALLY meets the road.

Quote:
In conclusion, I've had many miserable struggles throughout my life, due to many devastating moments, and they were very horrible pits of negativity for me. For me, these struggles were worthless, unnecessary, no way to live, and a waste of many years of my life. They didn't make me a more loving, compassionate, giving person, and I would've been much better off without them. If my struggles did give me some form of learning and growth, then I would've been much better off having obtained this learning and growth a better, more positive way. So, if the form of growth I obtained through my miserable struggles was becoming stronger as an individual, then I could've instead obtained that growth by training my mind, body, and spirit while being in a positive state of mind throughout this whole training process. It's simply unnecessary for me to have gone through all those horrible, negative experiences.

What if there's a someone(s) on the other side of all of your experiences who was/is/will be the true beneficiary? Perhaps pre-carnate you and higher you doesn't give a damn what you think about it or what you gained (other than the fact that you're now carrying a certain amount of information). Maybe YOU'RE the one who affected events in the overall scheme of things.

Quote:
In regards to these miserable struggles, I felt so many negative emotions due to these struggles, such as misery, hate, the desire to give up on my goals and dreams, the desire to end my life, etc., and I never needed those negative emotions. By having these struggles, I was trapped in a negative state of mind, and that was no way to live for me, and no place for my mind to be.

Fair enough. I'd move on. Have your wrestle with it which is only natural, and let it go. Life and consciousness are about expansion, as you've obviously figured out. Life IS the gift to 3D.

Quote:
Since many people, including me, go through such unnecessary suffering throughout their lives, it makes me wonder if god, or his angels, even care about us, since they allow us to go through it. I wonder if souls are just sent to this Earthly existence to go through unnecessary forms of suffering and hardship.

Actually, they do. They choose it, and Source doesn't stop them. Your consciousness is way bigger than you think it is in the overall scheme of things, that's what I'm trying to tell you. You're a creator and this was your experience, for whatever reason or reasons. You're quite possibly a very benevolent soul. You just don't remember what you said to the guys upstairs before you left.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 08-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
Accept that you simply don't have the power or the right to decide this for anyone. You can talk 'shoulds' all day, but you'll never have the power to change this.

When I say we need the positivity in our lives, I'm talking about perceptions of goodness, beauty, magnificence, awesomeness, etc. Perceptions of good are the only good things in life, and perceptions of bad are the only bad things in life, since good and bad don't exist independently of our perception. Good and bad are simply perceptions/value judgments/states of mind.

So, the more good we perceive, the more good we're getting in life, and the more bad we're perceiving, the more bad we're getting. We obviously want the good (the positive), and we wish to avoid the bad. So, our goal in life should be to see (perceive) as much good as possible.

That means the more things, people, moments, works of art, and situations we see as good, the better. The more good we perceive, the more good of a life we're living. The same idea applies to perceiving beauty, magnificence, etc. The more of that we perceive, the more beauty, magnificence, etc. we're having in our lives/mental universes.

When we perceive goodness, beauty, and magnificence, that puts our mind in a good, beautiful, and magnificent place, since perceiving different ways puts our mind in different places. For example, having a sad perspective would put one's mind in a sad place, a happy perspective would put one's mind in a happy place, etc.

Our minds need to be in a good, beautiful, awesome, etc. place (i.e. a positive place), and that's why we need to perceive as much goodness, beauty, awesomeness, etc. as possible. But, there are factors that can prevent us from having a positive perspective, such as having a devastating crisis that renders one suicidal.

In a situation like this, one has a very negative perspective, and that's no way to live or be an artist. He has a very morbid, hateful, traumatized, horrified, disturbed, tragic, etc. perspective, and his goal should be to regain his positive perspective. A positive perspective is a holy, divine state of mind, and that's the state of mind we need to be in.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Experiencer

I think trying to be constantly positive leads to the same trap as being constantly negative. There's nothing divine about positivism, it's just excapism in a different form.
What we should be doing is look at life in as much truth as we can see.
i.e. I am jealous of this person in my life. First i need to recognize the jealosy instead of saying "oh i'm not jealous. I'm free of all bad emotions" which is escapism and false positivity. After we've recognized the jealosy we have to start working with the jealosy "how can i make this situation better? What am i jealous of? What kind of things can i be happy about myself?"
This kind of realistic working towards a positive outcome yields better results than just trying to be as positive as you can.
Also, divinity is about releasing, not about positivity. Positivity is just the other side of the spectrum of negativity-positivity. If you try to go to the other end of the spectrum, you will certainly find yourself in the other end as well.

What comes to you saying you didn't need those negative feelings etc.... They shaped you. You would be something different then you are now if you didn't have those experiences. Tell me, are you happy with who you are now? If you are, then give credit to those miserable years in your life because they made you that way.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
I think trying to be constantly positive leads to the same trap as being constantly negative. There's nothing divine about positivism, it's just excapism in a different form.
What we should be doing is look at life in as much truth as we can see.
i.e. I am jealous of this person in my life. First i need to recognize the jealosy instead of saying "oh i'm not jealous. I'm free of all bad emotions" which is escapism and false positivity. After we've recognized the jealosy we have to start working with the jealosy "how can i make this situation better? What am i jealous of? What kind of things can i be happy about myself?"
This kind of realistic working towards a positive outcome yields better results than just trying to be as positive as you can.
Also, divinity is about releasing, not about positivity. Positivity is just the other side of the spectrum of negativity-positivity. If you try to go to the other end of the spectrum, you will certainly find yourself in the other end as well.

But, we still need to see (perceive) any goal or endeavor as good, beautiful, awesome, etc., including that endeavor/goal you just mentioned. Again, the perception of goodness, beauty, awesomeness, etc. is positivity, and I personally think we need positivity. That's my personal view, and I don't think anything can change it because I see no reason to have a different view. I disagree with any other view (philosophy), and I think having a negative perspective, such as a miserable, suicidal, devastated perspective, is no way to live or be an artist.