Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Master
WHY I LOVE CHRISTIANITY

Please express why you love Christianity?

For me, Christians, like people of other religions, express themselves with an abundance of love.

Spiritual Forums' member running recently posted an act of unconditional love that was directed to him by somebody who found his wallet. It is that quality of unconditional love that resonates from the various religions. As for running's unnamed 'hero', I do not know what religion he belonged to but the World definitely needs more of these 'heroes'.

NAMASTE

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
A religion to follow is not required to be a decent person.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Master

I see that you were positively overwhelmed by that story. There are / were / will be good people and good deeds everywhere. To be good should be easy.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Master
I love Christianity cause of GOD and Jesus!!!! BUT Christianity goes deeper and might not be what most people believe is Christianity.

I still believe what Jesus taught and believe in the GOD he taught and LOVE them both. LOVE if you know what i mean. ;)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Pathfinder
I think, from a Christian's point of view, it's not so much about loving "Christianity" as a body, but more so loving having a day-to-day, ongoing relationship with a living person (Jesus).

But, outwardly looking in, the outward acts that come from people who have experienced that inward transformation may be what the alien eye may perceive as good deeds which are then attributed to "Christianity". But, these deeds aren't Christian at all, this is why anyone of any faith or no faith can display the same behaviour.

For me, the characteristic I most like about what we perceive as Christianity, and what first drew me to it is the characteristic of humility. Being humble, accepting you're flawed and no good and in need of a little help - it's a beautiful thing and very liberating. If everyone were humble in that pure sense there would be no wars or crimes. Next to LOVE, being humble is just as important in my opinion.
John 3:16
Old 06-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
I think, from a Christian's point of view, it's not so much about loving "Christianity" as a body, but more so loving having a day-to-day, ongoing relationship with a living person (Jesus).

But, outwardly looking in, the outward acts that come from people who have experienced that inward transformation may be what the alien eye may perceive as good deeds which are then attributed to "Christianity". But, these deeds aren't Christian at all, this is why anyone of any faith or no faith can display the same behaviour.

For me, the characteristic I most like about what we perceive as Christianity, and what first drew me to it is the characteristic of humility. Being humble, accepting you're flawed and no good and in need of a little help - it's a beautiful thing and very liberating. If everyone were humble in that pure sense there would be no wars or crimes. Next to LOVE, being humble is just as important in my opinion.

Spirited that is a nice comment
I think there is reluctance of some to consider humility for the beauty that is in it, if God is so wonderful and good then we feel a longing to fully know and be a part of. Repentance and desire for God are two sides of the same coin. To repent without wanting God is worse than not repenting at all and if you desire God you have already repented.