Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Realization of one self?..... Realize who you really are???? That's what I would assume self realization is. But some people call an SUV a truck too. But then if you correct them they get mad and offended because they feel dumb and they start to argue and make no real points. You agree just so you can get on with life. Then the truth is lost and distorted. When there really is a difference between a truck and an SUV. It is what it is. Ok sorry for my rant.

i have never called my suburban a suv. but maybe im old cause never heard that term until later in life. hearing suv usually referring to something small. like a 4 runner, one of those mini blazers. in my mind i cant seem to associate something like a 3/4 ton 4x4 with the term suv. even though it means sport utility vehicle. lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 09-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i have never called my suburban a suv. but maybe im old cause never heard that term until later in life. hearing suv usually referring to something small. like a 4 runner, one of those mini blazers. in my mind i cant seem to associate something like a 3/4 ton 4x4 with the term suv. even though it means sport utility vehicle. lol
I drive an older Jeep Cherokee. I feel weird calling it an SUV too. But it's not a truck. A truck has a box. I refer to it as the Jeep. I would call your vehicle a suburban. I am just useing vehicle terms as a example. Let's say I have no idea exactly what vehicle you drive. And you write to me, your driving 8 of your friends cross country in your truck. I am going to picture something totally different than what's actually happening. I am going to picture possibly 6 of your friends riding in the bed of a truck cross country. I know it sounds silly but..... I struggle with that idea a lot on here. Even when I use the terms in the context of the person writing. It seems nothing is what it is. Even something like a truck can change, and that's simple compared to other terms like self realization. So many people change the meaning of this term to fit there needs or to whatever point there trying to make. I take it at face value, someone changes it and gets upset when I don't agree or understand there definition. Or even when I ask what do you mean. They assume I should know.

Last edited by hallow : 09-12-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-realization

The so called ''western'' definition seems lacklustre, possibly because we don't really use such concepts in our society. It also does not seem to relate to spirituality either.

Indian religions however describe self-realization in a spiritual context, so I go with this. Generally it is viewed as the end of a destination: no more incarnations, no more journey. If there is an end to a journey it means there is nothing more to learn, no adventure, no passion, etc. All that awaits is eternal bliss and oneness, with no craving of any kind. Or alternatively, there is eternal worship of a personal god, which is what I've heard from Hare Krishna people.

Is this possible? Is there an eternal form of god dancing and a band of followers in front of him/her singing praise? Hmm. Or what about the impersonalist belief where one is totally free of attachment and desire?

Exploring them, they do rest on a number of assumptions..

1. That a human is the highest, final incarnation within a hierarchy of life forms [This belief rests on teleological assumptions]. Humans are too quick to project themselves upon the universe, with the gods being like humans [looks, language, behaviour, construction work], and the idea that *happiness* and *suffering* are essential pieces of the universe.

2. That a human can be free of all attachment and desire [What about the need for other people for our well being? What about income, food, water, sex and survival?]. The meditating monk will also depend on alms or charity. It's easy to be distracted by that reality when you sit down in peace but one cannot escape that dependence. The act of spiritual practice and wanting to go deeper is a desire as well.
here's the perfect example I am talking about. Face value vs. sounds good. "Western definition sounds lackluster. " Self/ meaning yourself, realization/ meaning realize. Realizing who you are. Yes maybe lackluster. But everyone understands what that means. You don't have to guess. The meaning is right in the word. If it took on a personal meaning for you, wonderful! But personal and overall are different. Or at least it was the last time I looked. I could be wrong again.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:25 AM
Master

I found this video relevant in as far as the mental understanding of God and realisation goes

https://youtu.be/CoF0pOcKOCc

Old 09-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Master
Self realization is to me. Getting out there, maybe to succeed, maybe to fail. Either way, to experience life. Getting something out of the joy of success, the pain of failure. To see what I am really capable of. To realize who I really am. I don't believe you can get that from any writing or any guide. It only comes from living life.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is self realization attainable?

Yes self realization is attainable. Self means/is the ego, the I, the me, the thinker and realization means, an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/realization. So self realization means to be fully aware of my ego, my I, my me, my thinker as a fact that just is/that just exists.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:15 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Yes self realization is attainable. Self means/is the ego, the I, the me, the thinker and realization means, an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/realization. So self realization means to be fully aware of my ego, my I, my me, my thinker as a fact that just is/just exists.

I agree with you.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Yes self realization is attainable. Self means/is the ego, the I, the me, the thinker and realization means, an act of becoming fully aware of something as a fact https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/realization. So self realization means to be fully aware of my ego, my I, my me, my thinker as a fact that just is/that just exists.

I should of have added to my post, I quoted above, which is post #16 that my ego, my I, my me, my thinker is a fact that exists neutral (neutral in this context means the ego is nolt good/bad or positive or negative because our creator created our ego to use as a tool/instrument to enjoy and to interact with what it's creations-the physical universe and everything in the physical universe) and in harmony and with one with our creator, once you have balanced the ego with our creator.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Master

Me ... conscious self, subconscious, reincarnational selves, probable selves, inner self, gestalts, ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is self realization attainable?
Without wanting to sound glib...Why wouldn't it be?

Unseeking Seeker:
I found this video relevant in as far as the mental
understanding of God and realisation goes
https://youtu.be/CoF0pOcKOCc

I love this guy, thank you. ;)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru