Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 27-10-2010, 10:28 AM
star-child

How to be free of resistance and how to detach?

Hello all,

I have been trying to manifest a few things but I'm finding it difficult to get rid of resistance surrounding them. For example, I had a job a year ago but it knocked my confidence so I really didn't enjoy working and felt a bit useless. I have been searching for a job and trying to manifest suitable jobs but there is still that resistance that has come from past experiences. Any advice on how to free myself from it?

Also I have read that to successfully manifest things you need to be able to detach after asking for it but I'm one of those people who think a lot and quite deeply into things and sometimes I wonder how the stuff I have asked for will make their way into my existence. It seems to have become a habit.

Sophie x
Old 27-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Gerryh

Hi Star-child. Make the resistance part of your affirmation as in I am so happy and grateful that I now have a job where I feel confident and capable etc. Detachment is necessary if you are doubting the request.By continually wondering how a request will manifest you are slowing down the appearance of it into your life.Trust that the universe knows the fastest way to achieve what you want.Rather than wondering how it will show up,focus on the actual thing, what that would feel like and look for clues and signposts in connection with what action you must take in order for it to come about.
Sometimes it just appears miraculously , but most times it starts by following your intuiton.Hope this helps
Best wishes Gerry
Ps The more you behave as if it already existed and the more in "life" you are, the easier it is to occur.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:52 PM
JohnL

That's a great point.

The fact that you have to be in a "don't care if it happens" mindset. I have personally found the Sedona Method to be great for this. As you release your attachments and aversions to having something you become what Lester Levenson (the creator of the Sedona Method) call "hootless."

I've seen it happen a few times in my life. The first time I used the Sedona Method properly I manifested a $10,000 pay day. It took about a week of releasing. By the time I was done letting go of wanting more money it didn't really matter to me.

Then a client I had not worked with in about a year calls and offers me a job that paid $10,000 upfront. Maybe it was coincidence. Who knows? But I've had similar things happen as I learned to let go and get into this hootless state.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Master
clear those negative beliefs from the past, i reccomend eft
Old 28-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Master
star-child... You have put your finger on the core of the problem in manifestation. If we didn't have resistance in our minds - consciously or unconsciously - we would already be manifesting what we need and want without even trying.

Yes, EFT works well, to clear our path for going ahead in whatever way we choose. There's a little article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Old 28-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL
I've had similar things happen as I learned to let go and get into this hootless state.

This is great... the "hootless state".

Would you care to say a little more about it, John?

Xan

Old 29-10-2010, 02:51 PM
star-child

Thank you for the replies, they have encouraged me to get into the right mind set to let go of resistance

I did a bit of research on the Sedona Method, seems pretty useful. Here is a good video I found - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9c0l...eature=related

xx