Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2011, 06:31 PM
blackfellawhitefella

ahhh the old innocence card.

do please deign to reread your opening OP , its tone and intent before you accuse tooooooo much.

do please deign to reread your reply x2 to the first poster that innocently upset your agenda.

now , that was RUDE.

then your approach with two other posters of a differing paradigm awareness to yourself

then lets talk .

u wanna communicate shephard ... lets go.

hi , i'm offended.

whats your name ?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:06 PM
shepherd

Quote:
then lets talk .

u wanna communicate shephard ... lets go.

I'm just not interested in this game of yours, your opinions or judgements based on what you think of the past. Maybe instead you would like to talk about the original OP of what you think about the term true self?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Lisa

Hi Fella!

I want to play too.
I'm on your side.
What's the game?
True Self?
Sheps too easy.
We need someone who knows there's no rules.
Hybrid comes to mind.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:57 PM
LaMont Cranston

Neville & NightSpirit, I'm not sure if you're offering advice, suggestions or whatevr, but I assume you have the best of intentions with your posts.

However, there is something that you don't understand about my ongoing discussion with the likes of hybrid. I thoroughly enjoy those people who like to take me on. In my experiences with internet forums, I've welcomed the encounters with those folks who are hostile, mean-spirited, angry, etc. These people expose themselves for who they are, and who they are ain't much.

I get it that there are those who have rather strong feelings about what they perceive as the negativity that sometimes appears on these threads. The goings on on SF are relatively mild compared to what I've seen on some other forums, including those devoted to both Christianity and atheism.

I think that strong people are fully capable of dealing with strong and controversial ideas, concepts, beliefs, viewpoints, etc. I do hope that those who moderate this thread will let hybrid and I continue what we've started, and those people who find it too disturbing for their tastes might want to avoid some of our posts.

I am a serious writer, and I regard the stuff I write on forums such as this one to be relatively lightweight. If what we've seen from hybrid so far is the best he's got, he will continue to be easy to deal with. (I often use a technique I picked up from Muhammed Ali in his "Rumble In The Jungle" fight with George Foreman. It's called "Rope-A-Dope.")

Thanks for your suggestions, but I have no desire to be "protected" from controversial ideas or people who live lives filled with anger, hostility or worse. I only ask that I be protected from those people who, for some reason, think they feel the need to protect me.

See you later...
Old 13-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Neville

Then I will contine to be entertained until it goes to pay per view Lamont. Or A member of staff closes the thread, which ever is soonest.
Old 13-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Neville & NightSpirit, I'm not sure if you're offering advice, suggestions or whatevr, but I assume you have the best of intentions with your posts.

However, there is something that you don't understand about my ongoing discussion with the likes of hybrid. I thoroughly enjoy those people who like to take me on. In my experiences with internet forums, I've welcomed the encounters with those folks who are hostile, mean-spirited, angry, etc. These people expose themselves for who they are, and who they are ain't much.

I get it that there are those who have rather strong feelings about what they perceive as the negativity that sometimes appears on these threads. The goings on on SF are relatively mild compared to what I've seen on some other forums, including those devoted to both Christianity and atheism.

I think that strong people are fully capable of dealing with strong and controversial ideas, concepts, beliefs, viewpoints, etc. I do hope that those who moderate this thread will let hybrid and I continue what we've started, and those people who find it too disturbing for their tastes might want to avoid some of our posts.

I am a serious writer, and I regard the stuff I write on forums such as this one to be relatively lightweight. If what we've seen from hybrid so far is the best he's got, he will continue to be easy to deal with. (I often use a technique I picked up from Muhammed Ali in his "Rumble In The Jungle" fight with George Foreman. It's called "Rope-A-Dope.")

Thanks for your suggestions, but I have no desire to be "protected" from controversial ideas or people who live lives filled with anger, hostility or worse. I only ask that I be protected from those people who, for some reason, think they feel the need to protect me.

See you later...

the likes of me?
all i did to upset you is to expose your false claims about science and eastern philosophy which you claimed to have a thorough understanding.

all i said is based on your posts, i never read anything that would demonstrate that you understand any science stuff or even an intellectual grasp of nonduality.

all you have to of is post some explanation but instead evaded the issue and t go round and round and vent your hostility against me to other posters.

and yes i am quite wary about the likes of you.

Old 13-01-2011, 09:30 PM
shepherd

True self?

It seems some members are chasing a goal to be their true selves through various practises. You can see this on various threads where some members even gloat over others with surperiority as their meditational or spiritual ways have led them to now being their true self.

Which is what exactly?

Is this another ploy to get people to not accept who they are right now, this very moment as being true regardless of judgement from themselves and others through conditioning of what is supposed to be spiritual.

Joy, happiness, zen like behaviour? Is this really the true self or is just who you are right now which is ever evolving...the true self you had all along?

There is a danger too which comes with trying to be this spiritual zen like person and that is it has to be maintained and as we know, life isnt like that as it comes with dips, bumps and highs and lows and suppressing how you feel in favour of being spiritual has consequences which just creates anxiety and stress.

Is chasing the idea of a "true self" fruitless? Maybe not as the intention to be better in someway helps us evolve but there has to be a level of acceptance with who you are right now doesnt there?

Would love your thoughts on this elusive true self
Old 13-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Tried to let it go as long as possible but it's just getting aggressive and nasty. Seems to be more discussion of members instead of the subject.

Thread closed temporarily - 24 hours.

Closed Thread