Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 21-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Knower
What happened to "My Posts"

Before the site crashed, there was a "My Posts" link, did that go somewhere? Is there anywhere I can view what topics I post on, because I keep forgetting where I posted :P

This "User CP" looks confusing too, it used to say profile, right?

Old 21-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Master
Yes, these things were add-ons that disappeared after the crash. Our technical person does know about them and is working on finding out how to re-add them. You can search your posts from your profile ("See all posts by...").

UserCP used to say Accounts & Settings I believe.

Old 21-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Knower
thanks for the info Kaere, at least I know how to get to it now :)
Old 25-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Drella

Couldn't you just add something in your programming that allows users to find their posts?
How hard is it, sorry to sound rude I don't mean to come off that way, but I'm a new user and I'm finding it very difficult to stay on this site and enjoy finding my way around. It's quite difficult as the newb to track your posts for replies etc...
Again, I didn't mean to come off as rude.
Old 25-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Rumar

They have to go to either vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org and have to install the modification or hack (whichever one) through the actual system itself, it isn't like just downloading something and voila it's on the board. They have to go INTO their systems (MySQL sound familiar to you?). It all depends on what it is.

Edit: You know what it takes to install just a skin for the board? You need to re-install everything you added into the system for the new skin as well. All that work could take hours to make sure it's all in there.

Last edited by Rumar : 25-10-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 25-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drella
Couldn't you just add something in your programming that allows users to find their posts?
How hard is it, sorry to sound rude I don't mean to come off that way, but I'm a new user and I'm finding it very difficult to stay on this site and enjoy finding my way around. It's quite difficult as the newb to track your posts for replies etc...
Again, I didn't mean to come off as rude.

As mentioned by Kaere, you can go to your profile and click on 'see all posts by'.
I've done it, it's practically the same thing. This was a MAJOR crash and has had to be piece-mealed back together, and it's a slow process to put things back the way they were. I'm no teckie, but I know it's not a simple matter to slap every little detail back the way it was. Please, do be patient.
Thank you.
Silvergirl

Old 25-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Drella

I did apologize for coming off strongly, but I guess people ignore details.
Old 25-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Drella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
They have to go to either vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org and have to install the modification or hack (whichever one) through the actual system itself, it isn't like just downloading something and voila it's on the board. They have to go INTO their systems (MySQL sound familiar to you?). It all depends on what it is.

Edit: You know what it takes to install just a skin for the board? You need to re-install everything you added into the system for the new skin as well. All that work could take hours to make sure it's all in there.
When did this crash take place and you may want to consider the amount of sarcasm you use, it comes off as quite offensive and this really isn't making it a good experience to be on here.....?
Old 25-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Master
Hello Drella,

The crash happened about three weeks ago now. Our volunteer staffers and technical people are doing everything they can to get things up and going the way it used to be but we did lose over three years worth of improvements. Rumar was not being sarcastic - just trying to explain that what we're dealing with isn't as easy as we'd like it to be. It's been a stressful time for everyone who considers SF as a home away from home.

I think we all miss the My Posts option, but you can search your posts from your profile as well as by using the search function. A little awkward perhaps, but it works.

Old 25-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Drella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Hello Drella,

The crash happened about three weeks ago now. Our volunteer staffers and technical people are doing everything they can to get things up and going the way it used to be but we did lose over three years worth of improvements. Rumar was not being sarcastic - just trying to explain that what we're dealing with isn't as easy as we'd like it to be. It's been a stressful time for everyone who considers SF as a home away from home.

I think we all miss the My Posts option, but you can search your posts from your profile as well as by using the search function. A little awkward perhaps, but it works.
I've managed just recently to find my way around, but I won't lie, it was a challenge. Thanks for replying.