Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
.... Meaning lower level of complexity and certainly not intending a lower level of anything else, like worth or value. Good clarification on your part and thanks for that. ....

To be clear, I never made any spiritual statements regarding humans vs animals. Not sure youve gone off on that.

Except in our access to Spirit-1, metaphysical-1 and Ive been very clear on that for two years or more here at SF.
Hello r6 -- I was linking level of consciousness to spiritual capacities. And that IMO humanity do not have a more advanced level of consciousness or spiritual capacity than cetaceans. It's more like the Iroquois and the Pilgrims comparison I made earlier.

Quote:
At least one person observing dolphins/porposise closely believes he has recorded evidence of them having individual names for each of their progeny and that is something no other animal is known to do.
Amazing creatures. Also, just off the top -- I have read episodes when US navy dolphins were told to enable or activate sea mines rather than to deactivate them per usual, those individual dolphins refused. Likewise the 3 of the 5 "assassin" dolphins in the Ukraine defected (LOL!) rather than have to be a part of the mission. This type of behaviour shows agency, conscious choice, courage, and a principled stand on one's conscience.

Quote:
Again, Fuller believes cetacceans evolved from humans, not the other way around. He believes same or primates evolving from humans not the other way around .
The fossil records would indicate differently, but I agree these alone don't tell the whole story for humanity and likely not for cetaceans either. When did humanity first become self-aware, name themselves and so forth? Way before homo sapien sapien, LOL...We just speak much more clearly.

Quote:
These latter two above get into a much more complicated set of scenarios that can also involve various panspermia types of genetic material arriving to Earth at differrent times over the last 4.5 billion years.

I agree with that, oh great one
LOL

I agree there appears to be a combination of both indigenous (what we would call "natural") evolutionary forces and likely also some as-yet-unquantified input from external evolutionary forces, in one or both cases of humanity and cetaceans.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 29-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
In my previous post I mentioned how this ‘Kota’ (or ‘Lavvu’ or ‘Chum’ etc.) for ‘us’ (indig. Eurasians) is the microcosmic representation of macrocosm:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile...skikh-2015.png

As such, - it is an unspoken model of Reality acquired when very young and how we orient ourselves within Reality, navigate our Reality & how Reality is ‘ordered’ etc. etc.

In other words, it is our Dreaming of Reality – 'What Is':
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4sLNzXiuA...rld%2Bview.png

So. This got me thinking – what is the Western model of it

And it is this:
https://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/.../Microcosm.JPG

Of course it is!!!
What was I even potentially thinking ……

Following my own train of thought ……

What is Full Enlightenment?
Well, in my culture it would probably mean to become like the Pole Star.
And how do we approach ‘Enlightenment’ probably comes down to what culture we were born in.
Even if we have shifted from Western Christianity to say Buddhism, many of the core patterns acquired early in life persist without us even being aware of them.

Oleska recommends people to learn your own story first and defines culture by
Quote:
1. The way you see the World (Reality).
2. The game of life as you understand and play it.
3. The Story into which you were born.

I had wondered if Native Americans had the same or similar ‘Life-Universe-and-Everything according to the tipi-like-tent’ …… story, but it did not seem that they did or do, until I came upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivp5B1ky9Gg

(18:22 onwards, but the whole talk is informative and entertaining..... and the definition of a Shaman is the same)

Old 30-10-2019, 12:01 AM
JustASimpleGuy

To me enlightenment is the understanding and experience of the separation between pure awareness and body-mind, knowing and feeling without a shadow of a doubt which aspect is one's true nature. It permeates every moment of life. It's a state of being, sensing it at a visceral level everywhere one looks.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
To me enlightenment is the understanding and experience of the separation between pure awareness and body-mind, knowing and feeling without a shadow of a doubt which aspect is one's true nature. It permeates every moment of life. It's a state of being, sensing it at a visceral level everywhere one looks.
I read your “This will probably sound crazy but.. & Now for the big one” – story with interest & could relate to it, though I didn’t post on your thread.
So, I think I’m getting the drift where you are coming from ……
Thank You for sharing.

Old 30-10-2019, 12:56 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I read your “This will probably sound crazy but.. & Now for the big one” – story with interest & could relate to it, though I didn’t post on your thread.
So, I think I’m getting the drift where you are coming from ……
Thank You for sharing.

This forum has been an absolute blessing, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I didn't know where else to turn, especially after the reaction from the one friend I did confide in. Aside from him and the Buddhist priest this is the only place I feel free to discuss such things, and in truth that's probably the way I should and will keep it.

Sincere thanks to everyone for the support and understanding extended to me!
Old 30-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
The fossil records would indicate differently, but I agree these alone don't tell the whole story for humanity and likely not for cetaceans either. When did humanity first become self-aware, name themselves and so forth? Way before homo sapien sapien, LOL...We just speak much more clearly.
Peace & blessings
7L
An area that is hardly studied is tonal vs non-tonal languages.

Which came first?

Tonal languages seem to be far superior to non-tonal languages so why is it less people speak tonal languages?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-10-2019, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
This forum has been an absolute blessing

Maybe …… maybe not …..

To enter into the “intuitive spiritual path” is a “game changer.”
Being guided and being shown things by “Spirit”, is “a different ball-game altogether.”

I did not respond to your thread, because I kinda have this attitude towards it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQrdnq7_H0

So. I did not know whether to offer you my congratulations or my sympathies ….. whether to egg you on or seriously caution you ….. because you alone are consciously answerable to “God” or “Spirit” now.

And this thought of “No-Ground” has come to my mind of late, repeatedly. Perhaps ‘your’ Buddhist priest can talk about it?
Perhaps it relates, perhaps it doesn't?

Old 30-10-2019, 03:03 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Maybe …… maybe not …..

To enter into the “intuitive spiritual path” is a “game changer.”
Being guided and being shown things by “Spirit”, is “a different ball-game altogether.”

I did not respond to your thread, because I kinda have this attitude towards it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQrdnq7_H0

So. I did not know whether to offer you my congratulations or my sympathies ….. whether to egg you on or seriously caution you ….. because you alone are consciously answerable to “God” or “Spirit” now.

And this thought of “No-Ground” has come to my mind of late, repeatedly. Perhaps ‘your’ Buddhist priest can talk about it?
Perhaps it relates, perhaps it doesn't?

I don't want to hijack this thread but I do want to say I appreciate your concern and know it's sincere and comes from the heart. My sense of it is maybe? LOL! In other words what will come will come and having expectations one way or the other probably isn't advantageous.

As far as being egged on I've never followed the crowd. It's just never been in my nature. As the Soryo explained the crucial thing is to be ever vigilant of ego because it can be very subtle and corrupt good intentions into bad outcomes. That's the egging on I need to keep a weather eye out for, I feel. I already had a taste of it and if not for him I never would have reflected on it and noticed.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:24 AM
Master
^
On that roadless road where the 4 winds are allowed to sing their songs …. It is good to keep a weather eye out

Old 30-10-2019, 08:33 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
^
On that roadless road where the 4 winds are allowed to sing their songs …. It is good to keep a weather eye out

Another good one.

“May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.” ~ George Jung, Blow by Blow