Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
"Unseen they suffer
Unheard they cry
In agony they linger
In loneliness they die"

I still fill up when I read this...it packs a punch for me...to the point and hard hitting.
Thank you Starlight. And oh my I am choking up here. This is it exactly. These dear innocent animals... What do they ask of the world? Nothing. We could spend lifetimes learning such humility.
Quote:
To my fellow friends on the subject. Do you get ridiculed for your belief in daily life? I am seen as a "tree hugger"
I consciously and with intent created a life for myself where those types of people no longer exist in my sphere. That is how I dealt with that. I am also conscious of what I talk about when having conversations with others. I do not push my beliefs, I don't even talk about them. I ask people about themselves, that always keeps the conversation away from me and my beliefs. Nobody needs to know. It's been years since I had an encounter with people in the way you describe. Like I said, that's precisely what I set out to accomplish years ago: to eliminate people like that from my life. And it worked, and I'm happy and content.

And your "tree hugger" comment made me smile, fond memories of my youth! I lived in both the far North and the Pacific-Northwest, and was actually called that once by someone. And another drunken someone in a trucker pub called me "girly" (my long hair and headband). My response to things like that? I stopped going to pubs, haven't been in one in over two decades. Those people no longer exist in my sphere, see how that works?
Old 15-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Master
Fish Getting to the heart of the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You feel a soul-spirit connection is why. The "elephant" is that until one has experienced this soul-epiphany, it is impossible to understand why and how you could say that, you just sound overly-dramatic otherwise.

People generally think of animals and nature forms as subservient to humans, and in the worst cases something to exploit. Then the human being comes to see animals and nature forms as our wards. Animals and nature forms are in need of humanity's love, empathy and conscious care. They are in essence trapped in humanity's karmic story. They are victims in a sense of our need to incarnate in physical form. And when one comes to understand that, that's when one becomes a vegetarian. Because it's disgusting otherwise. It's as repulsive as the thought of eating another human being; eating an enslaved human being, to be even more exact.

This is the day when the fairy kind [nature]
Sit weeping alone for their hopeless lot...
For the children of clay [human beings] was salvation bought
But not for the forms of sea and air.

This is a snippet from the Walter Scott poem that woke me up in my soul regarding the truth about the human race's spiritual and karmic responsibility to nature. I have weeped tears, several times, reading that poem over the years.

Beautiful,inspiring and informative words.

And when we return to the spirit world and look back it will become as clear as day how badly we have treated are beautiful planet earth and the wonderful animal life and nature around us .
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 15-10-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 15-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Master
Bunny Live and let live.

Quote:
A nice little verse I think what you feel is similar to myself and other people on this forum who know that love and compassion for all living things is the basis of spirituality...the basics. There are plenty of people who do not see it and that is their own place in time in their own life journey.
You asked if that makes you more evolved...in my opinion I would say if you want to go by the reincarnation route I would say someone with the "compassionate towards all life mentality" has been 'around' a lot longer. (although their are lots of theory's on this)
This does not mean that meat eaters are not intelligent...indeed, I know lots of meat eaters who are wiser than I on a variety of daily subjects...yet the true basics of life if you close your eyes and meditate and truly know... they dont get it....yet.
I still blame the media for much human distortion, yet I know that I and many other people see right through it.

Some people may laugh but if you can show kindness and compassion to the smallest of creatures..you are wise.

I am very much with every thing you say really, I do feel like an old soul and feel I should use my voice.
Yes I feel the media have a lot to answer for, I speak on BBC Radio London late night show I have spoken about spiritual and other stuff they seem o k but mostly the media is just bore'ring news about those in control.
Old 15-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Thank you Starlight. And oh my I am choking up here. This is it exactly. These dear innocent animals... What do they ask of the world? Nothing. We could spend lifetimes learning such humility.I consciously and with intent created a life for myself where those types of people no longer exist in my sphere. That is how I dealt with that. I am also conscious of what I talk about when having conversations with others. I do not push my beliefs, I don't even talk about them. I ask people about themselves, that always keeps the conversation away from me and my beliefs. Nobody needs to know. It's been years since I had an encounter with people in the way you describe. Like I said, that's precisely what I set out to accomplish years ago: to eliminate people like that from my life. And it worked, and I'm happy and content.

And your "tree hugger" comment made me smile, fond memories of my youth! I lived in both the far North and the Pacific-Northwest, and was actually called that once by someone. And another drunken someone in a trucker pub called me "girly" (my long hair and headband). My response to things like that? I stopped going to pubs, haven't been in one in over two decades. Those people no longer exist in my sphere, see how that works?
Thanks for the reply Baile, It is hard for me to not be around people who think along other lines as I work with a lot of them. I am an easy target though as I am quite opinionated if someone starts a discussion there that I dont agree with. I do not push my views if it is not mentioned but as soon as someone talks about cruelty I will give a few home truths...to me criticism is in balance along with praise. It is a duty to address wrong doing. Who else if not people like us will speak for those who have no voice.
It does not really bother me if people see me as a tree hugging hippy or anything else...I have a deep affinity with nature and animals....I like to get my senses in the elements, admiring all the colours in the trees....

I just wondered how other people got along in life. Thank you for sharing. Its nice to see there are good people still around in this world.
Old 15-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I am very much with every thing you say really, I do feel like an old soul and feel I should use my voice.
Yes I feel the media have a lot to answer for, I speak on BBC Radio London late night show I have spoken about spiritual and other stuff they seem o k but mostly the media is just bore'ring news about those in control.

You are probably an old soul yes..and you should use your voice...you speak for those who have no voice..anyone who thinks deeply with empathy and compassion has 'been and seen', in my humble opinion.

What frequency is the radio station you speak on? It would be interesting to listen too.
Old 15-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
You are probably an old soul yes..and you should use your voice...you speak for those who have no voice..anyone who thinks deeply with empathy and compassion has 'been and seen', in my humble opinion.

What frequency is the radio station you speak on? It would be interesting to listen too.

Its 94.9 fm

Last edited by Pagandell : 16-10-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:44 PM
Master

Just for the sake of conversation, FWIW many animals eat other animals. Where is the indignation about THAT?

And why do we persist thinking animals are comparitively 'pure' creatures when they are just as likely to kill each other and/or us as we are them?

Why are humans singled out as evil in this, and the animals get a pass?
Old 15-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Just for the sake of conversation, FWIW many animals eat other animals. Where is the indignation about THAT?

And why do we persist thinking animals are comparitively 'pure' creatures when they are just as likely to kill each other and/or us as we are them?

We as the human race are meant to have evolved from second density to third density. Even so sometimes I doubt that.

In second density to follow your instincts, in third density you are meant to become self-aware, eventually let spirit do the driving, and evolve to 4th and 5th density.

To say it in a very simplified way.
Old 16-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:

bbc.co.uk/yourlondon
Old 16-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

No one on this thread has said that people who eat meat are evil.

We are having a very sensitive discussion and using words like evil does not help.

My heart wisdom tells me its o k for animals to do what they do.