Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-04-2018, 02:43 AM
traceyacey12

Good explanation of what occurs during awakening

So I finally found something on the internet that describes pretty well awakening as I am going through it. The loneliness and boredom that comes with it. I've read many articles online and none describe it like the way I'm going through it.

I haven't experienced this bliss and peace other than a bit of elation in the fact that there is more to life than I imagined but here it is (at least the parts I found very relevant, especially the bold):

"The ego does not like being alone, or in solitude.

It craves distraction and entertainment, noise, doingness etc, and being alone can trigger all kinds of ego responses such as feeling sorry for yourself, being angry, feeling abandoned, and so on.

You will most probably go through many times where you feel like you’re the only one in this world that is alone, that everybody else gets to have fun and live happily ever after but not you."

"It’s a path of aloneness because it’s a path that can’t be followed."

Let grace transform you.

Welcome feelings, thoughts, experiences, revelations, insights, inspiration, crying, venting, feeling alone and miserable.

Allow Truth to unravel and strip you to the bare bones until you become completely naked and yes, alone.

Before this happens though, you will try probably everything."

"The spiritual awakening process is a relentless undoing of the ego and this includes periods where you feel alone and disconnected from the rest of the world."

"I promise you that your time of isolation, being secluded and alone, is a blessing....The way you feel this is that interacting with others feels more and more ‘unnatural’, as if you have to force yourself to engage in social events and be with others.

This is when you eventually surrender to the path and seek out solitude yourself.

Now the real work can begin.

Finally Life got you where it wanted you; in your aloneness.

So either you surrender to it right away or you go through a period of resistance and eventually come to see that you’re going there anyway so you do it “willingly”.

Soon enough you will be ready to integrate the “new” you back into the world and society, but until that happens:

Work on yourself (do self-inquiry), get to know yourself, and focus on the things that Life puts before you.

The existential emptiness cannot be solved or filled by anything ‘out there’."

Let yourself be emptied out so that Life/Truth can fill you up. (Love this part, btw)

http://mariaerving.com/aloneness-on-spiritual-path/

What do you guys think??
Old 27-04-2018, 04:48 AM
Master

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind ...

What is awakening for you? Why is it something desirable for you, or anybody else? Is it the same thing with enlightenment? Isn't it a contradiction to awaken, and at the same time to be overwhelmed by unpleasant (negative) emotions like loneliness, emptiness?
Old 27-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

What is awakening for you? Why is it something desirable for you, or anybody else? Is it the same thing with enlightenment? Isn't it a contradiction to awaken, and at the same time to be overwhelmed by unpleasant (negative) emotions like loneliness, emptiness?

I think that is possible because for some, it's about waking up to their being a puppet of social conditioning. It can be triggered by the smallest things. If sudden it can leave someone wondering what or who they are stripped of the conditioning that's governed their daily life. Hence the feeling of loneliness and emptiness. Wittingly or not they begin to see the people around them as products of the "system" that's held them back. For some it's almost a rebirth.

Old 27-04-2018, 04:33 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

I'm not really sure what the end result of this will be, but right now the way things are going, I get the feeling that I will be more comfortable in my own being without looking to the outside for everything (be it satisfaction, approval, among other things). I'm also enjoying my surroundings more.

It is something desirable for me or anyone because I'm guessing it will give you a new lease on life. You (or me) have been living life a certain way and have felt like you have done everything that needs to be done (hence the onset of the awakening) and the awakening gives you a new perspective and makes life interesting again. But I have to say, I'm suffering a lot these days so its hard for me to view it this way.

This suffering and unpleasant negative emotions such as loneliness and emptiness are temporary from what I'm getting. I very much hope this is true.
Old 28-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Master

The spiritual journey can be described as a series of initiations into greater realities, or progressive awakenings. Such awakenings are often preceded by a period of crisis, when we are forced to let go of that which no longer serves us.

This may feel like loss or loneliness or emptiness, and for the personality it may be difficult and confusing. We let go of that which is familiar and we don't know what will replace it. But gradually we unpeel the layers of what we are not and we learn to rest in our centre, where we find stillness and peace.

The spiritual journey is the journey from complexity to simplicity, and Being is the most simple thing of all.

Peace.