Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Experiencer
Reading Rituals

I know that many of us have different rituals and actions we do before/during/after doing a reading.

For example, cleansing the cards, holding a piece of jewelry, grounding oneself, ringing a bell, asking for guidance. I've heard it all.

I was just curious what rituals each of you do for a reading.

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 27-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
When I begin a reading I try to find a quiet dark place and I light some candles until it's bright enough for me to read well. Electricity bugs me for some reason I have found. Other than that, I put the cards in order - while I do that I think about the sitter and ask for help from their guides and angels to give a clear reading about what they need to know. I have no other little quirks or rituals that I use.

Old 27-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Master
Apart from music, nothing special but the music has to be Inkubus Sukkubus and not just any album, it has to be Wytches and Vampyres. Oh, and a mug of coffee !
Old 27-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Uhmar

Okay I admit I lead a really sheltered life but Norseman you just got my attention....................Is that really an album??????

I used to do the fire water air and all that jazz ..lit a cande...
then thought why am I doing all this I have to clean all this back up.. lol

So cup of coffee for me as well.....used to be a cig but gave them up lol
so I just focus ..call in helpers....and read lol
I am old school I write it ..then type it
Old 27-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Enya

Take cards out of box or bag. Hold them for a mo or hand them to sitter to shuffle. Focus intent and open to helpers. Get a nudge which packs to use. Spread cards, listen for the number of cards to chose and how to set them out. Do my best to help the sitter with clear reading. After, say goodbye, go get a cuppa... unless I've got someone else waiting, lol.
Old 30-01-2011, 07:23 PM
green

i love to have a quiet place rather dark, like to have something to drink normally water and nothing else.
but i find myself open cards in so many places and under really funny situations that i must admit, i do look after my cards but don't really perform any ritual. at the end i do thank whomever helped me.

G
Old 30-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Neville

My readings are nothing to do with me me and none of my business, I simply step aside and let whatever it is say it's peice. Did you get your reading Trains? It's just that I never got any kind of acknowledgement.
Old 30-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Master
"Okay I admit I lead a really sheltered life but Norseman you just got my attention....................Is that really an album??????"
Cross my heart, its true A very popular Brit pagan band. Look them up on U-Tube
Old 30-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Uhmar

Quote:
My readings are nothing to do with me me and none of my business, I simply step aside and let whatever it is say it's peice

I have noticed I do that as well...even if it is runes ,dice, dominoes or story cube readings etc...I just write what starts flowing in and out.