Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Master
Organ Donation

"Families would have no legal right to stop dead relatives' organs being used for transplant if the person has not opted out in advance, under a proposed Welsh law."

I see there are new proposals to bring in an 'opt out scheme' for organ donation in Wales, basically meaning, if You don't opt out in advance, doctors would have the right to use Your organs for transplant in the event of Your death, but I must admit I have some reservations about the scheme.

On the one hand organ donation seems like quite a selfless thing to do, potentially good from a karmic standpoint.

However, personally I believe in some sort of rebirth, and although I can't fully imagine how such a process might work, to give a brief outline, let's just say that consciousness leaves the body, floats around in an 'intermediate state' or 'realm' before becoming one of the contributing causes for the arising of a new aggregation. The consciousness in the new person being neither identical nor entirely different from that in the deceased but the two form a causal continuum or stream.

I read that consciousness can remain in the body for up to three days after the outward signs of death. Accordingly Buddhists prefer the body to remain undisturbed for that amount of time because if the body is disposed of before the consciousness has left, this will obviously be very disturbing for the person who is going through the final stages of psychological dissolution and may carry through into the next incarnation. Apparently some yogis who are adept in deeper states of mediation can intentionally anchor their consciousness to the body upon death, and this is supposedly demonstrated by the absence of decomposition that would normally be expected, as well as some warmth remaining around the heart centre.

So My concern with organ donation is that it may adversely affect transmission into the next life.

Last edited by Lazarus72 : 13-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 13-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Administrator

This is just happening in wales at the moment but it will go to other parts of the uk. all i can say is if anything happened to any one belonging to me and they took their organs. i would take them through every court in the land, its not that im against transplants but for personal reasons i will not be donating mine.
this is totally unlawful and brings back thoughts of body snatching so they can use the organs.
i know a few people who have had transplants and i just hope the families of the person whos organs were donated. never see what these ppl are doingwith their new hearts lungs whatever it may be, it would destroy them,
i will be singing a petition against this being made law as its already in the pipe line, i am totally agains it.

Namaste
Old 13-11-2011, 07:49 PM
mattie

Not Problematic

I don’t see organ donation as adversely affecting our soul/spirit’s journey at all.
Old 13-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Administrator
Its the soul that leaves the body and travels on your organs wouldnt have anything to do with it, your body is just an overcoat when you pass it has no more use

Namaste
Old 13-11-2011, 08:21 PM
earthprowler

i agree it will not have anything to do with my soul moving on.

i have the little heart for organ donation on my drivers license. they can have what ever they can use. i don't see any crabs leaving anything behind but an empty shell......so that's what i see me doing.
Old 13-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Master
i am of the feeling, as like in the first post, that the first three days following death are important to the dead person, inasmuch as that they remain with the body for this length of time. it is my feeling that the spirit is in a very sensitive state and should be in calm peacefull atmosphere free of strong emotions and any excited behaviour as it will feel things much deeper and more profoundly than normal and so such an atmosphere would cause unnecessary difficulties and suffering for the newly dead.

i have reservations about modern medicine and wonder where organ donation would end and use for medical experimentation/research starts.

ultimately, i feel, the spirit would transcend a death made difficult by such a happening as donation. also maybe if it were done with love and care in a peacefull environment that understood and respected the journey of the newly dead, maybe it would be a beneficial experience, but thats a longs ways off happening.

alot of the causes for the need to transplant are, in my opinion, caused by lack of intelligent living in general, not that it shouldn't be done and not that this an indiviidual's fault but society as a whole, but i'd feel better about it were the causes of the need addressed in the first place.

i will opt out due to my lack of confidence in my dead body being treated respectfully.

death is a birth into the spirit world and should take place in an appropriate atmosphere and environment.
Old 13-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Master
There is no after life, there is just life, you and your organs are going no where, who you believe you are in this life will be finished, there is just pure Consciousness, bodies come and go within Consciousness, when the body dies, its like a light bulb that has finished its life, the light bulb doesn't continue on, it is replaced, it then is lite by the electricity that has gone nowhere, and so we are also, the body dies and is replaced by another, but it is animated by the same life force, or Consciousness.
Old 13-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Knower
Funny you should bring this subject up Lazarus72
I was only thinking about this awhile ago…if we were meant to swap body parts we would have been made like leggo. Our DNA is in every cell of our body and is unique to us and was never meant to be transplanted into other peoples bodies. Our bodies are not just shells or overcoats for our souls as some people believe they are a life energy unto themselves they carry our karma in each cell and it does effect our karma as I was told by my guides from this life into other lives and previous ones.

If for instance a murderer has one of his organs transplanted into another person… then the other person would be tied up in the murderers karmic dept and would make things very complex and confusing in the persons future life…. as we know all karma has to be worked though,… through many lifetimes. An organ transplant is never a complete success because of all the medication that has to be taken for the body to except the foreign part. In truth it only prolongs their life a little longer but the medication takes it's toll on the rest of the body.

If people were more aware of the life after death and what really happens in the world of spirit they wouldn't want transplants. But it’s mans continuous ignorance and denial of anything spiritual and obsession to control the material world and everything in it and the fear of death that gives others the opportunity to use it for their own purposes.

psychoslice
All matter is energy and as science will tell you energy cannot be destroyed. study quantum physics.

Old 14-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Master
Spiritmessenger
psychoslice
All matter is energy and as science will tell you energy cannot be destroyed. study quantum physics.

So what if all is energy, what has that to do with you as a mind body continuing on, and what is behind all matter, study that.
Old 14-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Administrator
Hello

I do not feel the giving of one's organs has any bearing on one's jourey in death. I have worked with Spirit where an organ has been donated to someone and they seek to understand some changes in themself.

Today I was watching a TV show and it was very sad....as "Rabbies" is not something common so its not tested on organ donation patients. Three died as a result of the organ transplants they received.

I have it set the me Skelton goes to a major Univiersity upon me passing. THOUGH at present me family can void those wishes . Too they can stop an organ donation I have signed to make. Hopeing that one will at the time honour me wishes and do what I have set forth.

We do not need our bodies in death our Spirit knows well what we looked like as a Medium I see spirit as they will be know to LOVed one's and that is in the energy essence of whom they were in life.

Lynn