Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep; he waits.

Chuck Norris doesn't need a watch; he knows what time it is

When Chuck Norris swims, he doesn't get wet - water gets Chuck Norris.

When the Boogieman goes to sleep at night he checks underneath his bed for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once roundhouse-kicked someone so hard his shoe flew off, broke the space-time barrier and hit Amelia Earhart as she was flying over the Pacific.
HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 27-01-2012, 06:07 PM
sesheta

To Animus27

It is true that our bodies replace themselves more or less. But the process is weakened each time after we reach adulthood because our cells ability to replicate is diminished due to oxidation.

So, remember kids, if you want to live forever, just don't breathe.... Oh wait...

HHmmm...so maybe anti-oxidants really are the key??!!??
Old 27-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Guide

@Animus: lol thanks, if you add all jokes up you have a rough picture of what physical immortality is all about.
Old 27-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
HHmmm...so maybe anti-oxidants really are the key??!!??
They're certainly one of the major aids in delaying aging and preventing certain illnesses. But due to the simple virtue of our environment, that is to say it's toxicity, consuming enough antioxidants to prevent aging would be neigh impossible. Not to mention many other genetic factors besides simple cell division.
Old 27-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas
@Animus: lol thanks, if you add all jokes up you have a rough picture of what physical immortality is all about.
Chuck Norris can't live forever. He killed it.

And, Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter
Old 27-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Hi Xan,
Do those immortalists still live on this planet?

When I knew them they did... just people who had learned how to rejuvenate the body through the mind.

Xan

Old 27-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Guide
The Man From Earth Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njU5CsrYfKM
Old 27-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Master

Hi Xan,
Very interesting...
Do those immortalists also have superhuman abilities like flying and teleporting?
Old 27-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Master
How come no one asked the question--Why would we want to live forever?

I guess it's because I do accept the premise that we are here to "learn". And part of the learning is that the "rules" force us to face things quickly, in the time of a life. Otherwise, this physical world wouldn't be different than the higher dimensions. (Yes, I believe in them too.)

So, to me this is a moot point. Whether one could or not is irrelevant. Whether you would want to is more important.

I personally--wouldn't want to. What a God-awful, lonely life, restricted to one vibrational level. Why would you want this? To gather wealth? Knowledge?

Two Cents by IsleWalker - Lora
Old 27-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
How come no one asked the question--Why would we want to live forever?

I guess it's because I do accept the premise that we are here to "learn". And part of the learning is that the "rules" force us to face things quickly, in the time of a life. Otherwise, this physical world wouldn't be different than the higher dimensions. (Yes, I believe in them too.)

So, to me this is a moot point. Whether one could or not is irrelevant. Whether you would want to is more important.

I personally--wouldn't want to. What a God-awful, lonely life, restricted to one vibrational level. Why would you want this? To gather wealth? Knowledge?

Two Cents by IsleWalker - Lora

That's a great point that I didn't address because it's not part of the topic title, but now that you mention it it's worth talking about.

One of my favorite books is 'Time Enough for Love' by Robert Heinlein. It's a science fiction story, the premise being a man who has lived a thousand years who decides it's time to let himself die. That's where the story begins - the rest of the book is all about his descendants (and there are MANY) trying to come up with a reason for him to want to live.

Yes, that is a separate - but important - aspect.