Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
Mom, Dad, How Did I Get Here?

All,

That is the perennial question, isn't it?

Soooooo, how many versions of the answer are there, hmmmm?

Well, you could say that there are "laws of attraction"....and there are Laws of Attraction, right?

I found the following to provide an all-encompassing answer that covers everything from "birds and bees to storks and seeds".

As excerpted from John McDonald's excellent book "The Message of a Master" (see 1st sentence in Chapter 8 of the reference below):

How did you get here? You grew from a minute cell smaller than the point of a pin. Just think! A cell or seed the size of a pin point contained within itself in essence and in entirety, the wonderful being that you are today.Surely, that cell could not possibly contain the material forms, no matter how infinitesimal they might be, of body, head, hair, arms, legs, hands, feet and all the wonderful organs of the body. "

Now, having passed the first perennial gauntlet, if you want to preclude having no answer to the next OBVIOUS question, "Soooooo, Mom, Dad, how did I get from there to here?" .....use this one (from the very next paragraph in Chapter 8)

"Well, then, how did you arrive at your full stature as you now appear? There is but one logical answer – that cell contained a spark of Mind, the one and only power supreme in man. That spark of mind, true to the law of its own being, held a fixed image or picture of you and you unfolded, grew and eventually out-pictured or become objectified in obedience to that law"

VOILA!

"Soooooo, Mom, Dad, what is a "spark of mind" and how does that apply to me??" Didn't see that one coming?

At this point, you may choose to search for a dictionary to explain what a "metaphor" is, or hurriedly send Junior or Princess out to play, while you and your spouse take turns wiping each other's fevered brow!

....or you can begin to show and tell them, from examples gleaned of your own successful, well-practiced experience, how that is all about the very last sentence in the very last page (page 49) of everything you've learned from actualizing the messages underlying this excellent book, referenced below. "By all means, practice it."

Now! When Junior or Princess, (having applied those lessons on the "playground" of Life for the last 10 or so years), asks "Sooooooo, Mom, Dad, need some help ?".....you can confidently tell them:

...."Baby"! You've got this!.....because you've practiced its mastery often enough, to know that you will always receive the good things you've wanted in Life, just like we taught you. Pass it on to those in need !!"

Hope you didn't think I was talking about something else here, besides the Laws of Attraction in the Garden of You, huh?....

Reference: https://www.law-of-attraction-haven....f-a-master.pdf
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 13-08-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 30-09-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
Being Me, Somewhere Else

All,

A strange thing happened to me on the drive back home recently. I noticed that there was a quality to the blueness of sky and the shape of clouds, and the angle of the sun that seemed to move me to a different way of feeling about myself.

It felt like I was still me driving home on the same road I normally take, but I was not the same person seeing the scenery as always. It was like being in a different universe, of sorts.

...and in a way, it was....because I had earlier chosen to take an unfamiliar set of turns indicated by my GPS to get home, because I had not updated the version to the most current. Mind you, I know the normal way to get home, but this time I chose to see where the outdated GPS route would take me, which I had not previously done before.

The "outdated" route to my home took me to unfamiliar places I had not previously known would arrive at my destination.

The strange "different universe" feeling I mentioned above occurred when I came to the link between the unfamiliar portion of the route and the more familiar way of getting home. In essence, the link between the "old" and the "new" was a seamless experience of me being me, somewhere else than I normally am.

How exhilarating it was to realize how many, many ways there are of being me, everywhere else I've never been before....because I,
....I chose "The Road Not (previously) Taken", ala Robert Frost, referenced below.

And to those who may be thinking, "he really needs to get out more", I would reply, I agree, though strangely, ".... wherever I go, there I am".

....even if all roads "home" are me, being me traversing universes to get "there".

.... Perhaps similarly making "all the difference" in your own journeys home through the Garden of You??

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...8&postcount=27
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 30-09-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 21-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Master
The purpose of a song is found in the joyous singing of It.

All,

I found an intriguing account about what singing a song joyously actually is.

So it is with Consciousness. In other words, It’s just singing!

How is Consciousness like singing?

See how in the reference below, (and when you get to the question: "What can I do to improve myself spiritually? Don't I need to change in some way?")....

....your Spirit may find Itself joyously singing in recognition of the answer that continues on to a surprising finale.

...in the Garden of You.

Enjoy every note!

Reference: http://www.chuckhillig.com/FAQ.html
Old 25-11-2018, 12:13 AM
Master
There are no such things as things.

All,

I didn't realize that. I thought things are things. Then I read, a little further down the paragraph in the reference below, that:

"....the world doesn't come thinged; it doesn't come evented."

How could I have missed seeing something so obvious?

Isn't there such a thing as today Saturday, the 24th of November 2018?

Reading further, I discover why IT IS NOT:

"You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean. The ocean waves, and the universe peoples. And as I wave and say to you 'Yoo-hoo!' the world is waving with me at you and saying 'Hi! I'm here!' But we are consciousness of the way we feel and sense our existence. Being based on a myth that we are made, that we are parts, that we are things, our consciousness has been influenced, so that each one of us does not feel that. We have been hypnotized, literally hypnotized by social convention into feeling and sensing that we exist only inside our skins."

By the time I continue through this 1st of three articles below, I am amazed at just how prevalent this myth we've told ourselves about who and what we are is.

I was even more surprised to read "So you see, when you ask 'How to I obtain the knowledge of God, how do I obtain the knowledge of liberation?' all I can say is it's the wrong question."

If that's the wrong question, what is the right one?

If you give yourself the privilege and pleasure of journeying with the speaker, Alan Watts, to the end of the 3rd article in his excellent talk, "The Nature of Consciousness", you may find yourself surprised to ascertain what the right question is, and why it so essential to the conclusion he has reached through it.....

"Well, in a few years, it will be a matter of common sense to many people that they're one with the universe. It'll be so simple. And then maybe if that happens, we shall be in a position to handle our technology with more sense. With love instead of with hate for our environment."

Now, isn't that some-thing to consider?

....in the Garden of You?

Reference: https://www.esolibris.com/articles/r...ousness_01.php
Old 18-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Master
The moments when it suddenly "clicks"

All,

While watching TV a while ago, I came upon this absolutely fascinating commercial, that utterly captured my imagination.

It is a visual metaphor for how anything, when viewed one way, can seem to appear to not make any sense whatsoever, until one encounters what is called, "The Unlock"., or the "moments when it suddenly "clicks" into a perspective that makes absolute sense.

I found 3 obvious "clicks" in this visual metaphor, while watching it, as you will also be delighted to see, as well (in the reference below).

However, I just unlocked a 4th "click", a moment before I decided to post this to you.

The 4th "click" is....during the moments the camera (of attention) moves between the clarity of the "resolved" images....the apparent uncertainty is absolutely indispensable. Why??

Because without continuing the movement through uncertainty, there are no moments of clarity.

See them for yourself. I would enjoy hearing about how this visual metaphor unlocks any such "clicks" in your own perspectives as "it moves through" the Garden of You.

Reference: https://youtu.be/JRznI-ZQ-vE

Last edited by guthrio : 19-02-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 16-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Master
Reexamine the paradigm that I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
All,

While watching TV a while ago, I came upon this absolutely fascinating commercial, that utterly captured my imagination.

It is a visual metaphor for how anything, when viewed one way, can seem to appear to not make any sense whatsoever, until one encounters what is called, "The Unlock"., or the "moments when it suddenly "clicks" into a perspective that makes absolute sense.

I found 3 obvious "clicks" in this visual metaphor, while watching it, as you will also be delighted to see, as well (in the reference below).

However, I just unlocked a 4th "click", a moment before I decided to post this to you.

The 4th "click" is....during the moments the camera (of attention) moves between the clarity of the "resolved" images....the apparent uncertainty is absolutely indispensable. Why??

Because without continuing the movement through uncertainty, there are no moments of clarity.

See them for yourself. I would enjoy hearing about how this visual metaphor unlocks any such "clicks" in your own perspectives as "it moves through" the Garden of You.

Reference: https://youtu.be/JRznI-ZQ-vE

An important "Unlock" just clicked into place for me: Reexamine the paradigm that I Am.

....which was catalyzed by my watching the visual metaphor referenced in the video above. It demonstrates how the picture(s) you recognize "outside" only unlock when they match what you've been taught as making sense to you "inside".

The "Unlock" that "clicked" for me today is the realization that changing the paradigm of ideas about who I Am, changes the appearance of what makes sense.

The urge to reexamine the "paradigm of I Am" came from considering a few historical instances preceding great changes in individual and collective understanding of "what makes sense":

Imagine the first indigenous inhabitants who "had no vocabulary to make sense of the experience" represented by the presence of Columbus' long ships appearing off the shore of the Caribbean isles.....shores these original inhabitants had themselves traveled in their own canoes, living comfortably within the only "paradigm of I Am" they'd taught themselves.

Imagine the first time Henry Ford changed the nation's "paradigm of I Am" by showing engineers who, though educated, "had no vocabulary to make sense of the experience" of mass producing automobiles by using an assembly line to do so, instead of stubbornly living within a well-established idea to assemble each automobile one by one?

Imagine the surprise exhibited by those who saw, for the first time, that the "time of day" could be established using a device called a "sun-dial"? BTW: how many moons had to pass before that method of "telling time" became commonplace "in its time"? Then imagine the surprise experienced by long-established manufacturers of watches touting the mechanical superiority of "Swiss-movement", being usurped by upstart "paradigm"-changers whose time-pieces relied on the precision of quartz, instead!

Other examples of changing the "paradigm of I Am" include considering that the the truth about the "reach" of our very understanding of REALITY is that each and every advancement has come about AFTER WE DISCOVERED WHAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE, AND WAITING FOR US TO DISCOVER IT....

...even when the tightly held ideas WE THOUGHT WERE TRUE were REALLY based on false information and dogma, WHICH virtually everyone believed, transmitted, and acted upon AS IF TRUE .....that is, until others, following their OWN ideas came along, who had quantifiable, repeatable, verifiable evidence based on a DIFFERENT set of ideas that turned the paradigm of established scientific or religious consensus on its head !!

Can there be any truer indictment of the history of mankind’s exploration and discovery of both scientific and religious Truth than to acknowledge that it is replete with examples of this or that scientist or religious prelate pontificating that this or that phenomena is impossible ???

If you understand that the words "limitations" and "grasp" are simply metaphors for "beliefs", then it becomes transparently obvious that transcending "limitations" and exceeding "grasp" is really an exercise in PERCEIVING REALITY IN ITS TRUE DIMENSIONS.....AND APPLYING THE UNDERSTANDING THEREFROM ACCORDINGLY.

Do the Heavens still rotate around the Earth? Not after Copernicus, Kepler, and Galileo. Are time and space separate from one another? Not after Einstein. Did you get your vaccines this year? Thanks to Pasteur you did. Is the Earth still flat? Ask Ericsson, Columbus or Magellan for the answer. Do you have to study your science homework or read the scriptures of whatever faith you profess in the dark? Not after a little help from Gutenberg and Edison. You can readily see the impact of individuals with their OWN ideas helping other individuals change THEIR ideas about these things, which eventually results in the civilization changing, right?

The "belief" in limitation must then be seen to be SELF-IMPOSED......and if self-imposed.......IT MUST BE SELF-REMOVED !!

Which brings me to where I am today, reexamining the paradigm of I Am that I've accepted as true all my life, and especially what needs to be SELF-REMOVED!!

....continued in the next post, in the Garden of You!

Last edited by guthrio : 17-03-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Old 16-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Master
Reexamine the paradigm that I Am - continued

........continuing from the post above, now my considerations are about what REALLY needs to change in the paradigm of I am?

In various other threads posted in the Garden of You, and throughout Spiritual Forums, I've referred to other "Unlocks" in my understanding of the paradigm that I Am, some of which I've included as references, below.

The fundamental, most important "Unlock" I've discovered is pretty startling, which when considered soberly, really shakes things up in my paradigm.

Basically it adopts a new way of looking at things, such as in this set of ideas:

What did Columbus know that the Caribbean inhabitants did not know?

What did Henry Ford know that even his well-educated associates, did not know?

What did Copernicus, Kepler, and Galileo know that the scientific and religious leaders of their time appeared so afraid to know that they actively suppressed the promulgation of the knowledge?

What do Jesus, Buddha, and others, such as Lahiri Mahasaya, Sri Yukteswar, Paramahansa Yogananda, and Babaji, and Lao-Tzu know that I do not?

What do the extra-dimensional entities Abraham-Hicks, Bashar and Seth, channeled respectively by Abraham, Darryl Anka, and Jane Roberts, know that I do not?

What do space-faring civilizations know about the Creator and Creation, and travelling through multi-dimensional Universes that I do not?

Answer: All of them chose, and then, learned how to operate and live within the parameters of more powerfully expansive paradigms of I Am...than I have. But even more startling is this realization: I am no more restricted to remain within the limited parameters of the paradigm of I Am that I've heretofore adopted....than THEY were !!

So I am NOT bound to remain shackled to the same old restrictive parameters that everyone else may choose for themselves, nor need I deny myself the advantages gained by ADOPTING THE KNOWLEDGE of any paradigm, am I?

Of course not! Neither are you!....unless you choose to remain bound.

Do you know ANYONE who has NOT asked this question?? "Where in the world are we going to find the money??" So why not change to a paradigm where money is no longer needed by becoming adept in the paradigm in which we create whatever is needed OURSELVES!

As they do: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...44#post1377344 Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East by Baird T. Spalding

I can choose to live within a renewed understanding of myself that includes:

"Meditate unceasingly that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" - Lahiri Mahasaya

“....To fly as fast as thought, to anywhere that is, you must begin by knowing that you have already arrived.....because your true nature lives, as perfect as an unwritten number, everywhere at once across space and time." - Jonathan Livingston Seagull

"I and my Father are One" - Jesus

"We have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance, on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven." - Guthrio

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna make it shine" - Thomas Edison (he may not have said this, but he sure showed the rest of us how profoundly his paradigm-changing idea changed our lives, didn't he?)

"E=MC2" and "Imagination is more important than knowledge". - Albert Einstein

"All things are the same One Thing vibrating at different rates" - Bashar

"Eureka, Eureka!" I found it!! (where are my clothes?)" - Archimedes

"I coulda had a V-8!" - ostensibly uttered by one of Ford's recalcitrant automobile engineers, smacking his forehead, after belatedly realizing that he got left in the proverbial dust by a car that had a "V8 engine" in it !!

"There is nothing in your exterior experience that you did not originate within yourself. Interactions with others do occur, yet none occur what you do not attract or draw to you by your thoughts, feelings, attitudes or emotions. In your terms this applies both before, during and after physical life. In a most miraculous fashion you are given the gift of creating your own experiences." – Seth, channeled by Jane Roberts

We want to speak about freedom: This is a Vibrational Universe. The only Source that flows is the Source of WellBeing. And, physical and Non-physical, we are all free to allow that Well-Being to flow to us and through us, or we can pinch it off. It is our call-every time…" - Abraham-Hicks

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore" - Christopher Columbus

"What in the "" are those things ??" - Very rough translation of the frightened utterances made by indigenous Human inhabitants experiencing profound paradigm changes, upon witnessing the arrival of Columbus' ships in 1492 or a UFO at Roswell, NM in 1947!!

Do you see?

"Change your paradigm, "Unlock" your world" - Guthrio

Enjoy the New World in the Garden of You.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=45 Miracles ARE The Garden of You

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...1&postcount=10 What Western Monotheism is Evolving Into

Reference: https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/ Some of Bashar's core concepts

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=102 Quotes from Bashar and Abraham-Hicks

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8 What does 'you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free' mean to you?

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...30&postcount=7 Relationship with Money

Reference: http://montalk.net/metaphys/88/opening-the-flow Opening the Flow

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=14 Do Fictional Realities Exist?

Last edited by guthrio : 17-03-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 24-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Master
Guess What Day It Is!

All,

Can you guess what day it is....better than, say, a certain talking camel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s0RPrdB_8

No idea what day it is? Well, let me help you get over the hump

The talking camel's insistence notwithstanding, today is....

....whatever day you say it is!

(Geez, Louise, doesn't Guthrio even know what day it is? He must be screwier than we thought!!)

To be honest, it is a screwy idea to even question what day it is. I mean, isn't it OBVIOUS? It's Sunday March 24th 2019, isn't it?

Doesn't the very software Spiritual Forums uses to catalog the day, date, and time each post is saved MAKE it obvious?

Don't you have to "clock in" each day you work, and don't you look forward to the "days" you don't have to work, like I do? That's perfectly logical.

So here's the "hump" I could not logically surmount, as I questioned myself about "what day it is":

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019...ANYWHERE ELSE IN CREATION, except where most folks on Earth have chosen to recognize an artifice called a calendar, to TELL THEM what day it is? Mind you, even on Earth, not everyone even uses the same artifice (calendar) to TELL THEM what day it is (think Chinese New Year), or anywhere else a different method of telling ourselves what day it is exists, right?

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019 on the Sun, or on any of its other planets, besides Earth, or on the Sun's closest neighbor Alpha Centauri, or on any of the stars or planets within Andromeda, the nearest galaxy? Will human explorers of any of those locations actually tell themselves it's Sunday March 24th of "some future date"? So why ONLY on Earth do we say we "know" what day it is?

The answers to these questions are equally OBVIOUS (why is the camel silent? The camel is silent because you didn't turn the sound up on the video!) Geez, Louise!

But seriously, even with the sound turned down, the camel knows that without the use of artifices such as calendars and clocks, we don't know what day it is! ....which is really screwy, isn't it?

So what's the point, one may ask? If we don't know what day it is without using the artifices of clocks and calendars to tell each other so, what's the use of knowing that?

So you can get the idea that, even with calendars or clocks, there is NO next week to get things done, there is NO tomorrow to wait for answers, there is NO next year to celebrate (or lament) getting "another year older and deeper in debt", there is NO next time to win the lottery...

....other than the ONLY gift you "presently" have NOW.

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.”
Babatunde Olatunji

That is, unless you believe that a talking camel can convince you to deny the Omnipresent Truth your Higher Self has been silently whispering to you, right? Other than that.....

Now you never have to guess what day it is in the Garden of You!

Reference:http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=19 How is it possible to know your future?

Reference: http://www.auspiciousness.org/dare-to-assume-it/ Dare to assume it!

Last edited by guthrio : 25-03-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:38 PM
Master
Never too late!

Quote:
All,

Can you guess what day it is....better than, say, a certain talking camel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s0RPrdB_8

No idea what day it is? Well, let me help you get over the hump

The talking camel's insistence notwithstanding, today is....

....whatever day you say it is!

(Geez, Louise, doesn't Guthrio even know what day it is? He must be screwier than we thought!!)

To be honest, it is a screwy idea to even question what day it is. I mean, isn't it OBVIOUS? It's Sunday March 24th 2019, isn't it?

Doesn't the very software Spiritual Forums uses to catalog the day, date, and time each post is saved MAKE it obvious?

Don't you have to "clock in" each day you work, and don't you look forward to the "days" you don't have to work, like I do? That's perfectly logical.

So here's the "hump" I could not logically surmount, as I questioned myself about "what day it is":

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019...ANYWHERE ELSE IN CREATION, except where most folks on Earth have chosen to recognize an artifice called a calendar, to TELL THEM what day it is? Mind you, even on Earth, not everyone even uses the same artifice (calendar) to TELL THEM what day it is (think Chinese New Year), or anywhere else a different method of telling ourselves what day it is exists, right?

Is it Sunday March 24th 2019 on the Sun, or on any of its other planets, besides Earth, or on the Sun's closest neighbor Alpha Centauri, or on any of the stars or planets within Andromeda, the nearest galaxy? Will human explorers of any of those locations actually tell themselves it's Sunday March 24th of "some future date"? So why ONLY on Earth do we say we "know" what day it is?

The answers to these questions are equally OBVIOUS (why is the camel silent? The camel is silent because you didn't turn the sound up on the video!) Geez, Louise!

But seriously, even with the sound turned down, the camel knows that without the use of artifices such as calendars and clocks, we don't know what day it is! ....which is really screwy, isn't it?

So what's the point, one may ask? If we don't know what day it is without using the artifices of clocks and calendars to tell each other so, what's the use of knowing that?

So you can get the idea that, even with calendars or clocks, there is NO next week to get things done, there is NO tomorrow to wait for answers, there is NO next year to celebrate (or lament) getting "another year older and deeper in debt", there is NO next time to win the lottery...

....other than the ONLY gift you "presently" have NOW.

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.”
Babatunde Olatunji

That is, unless you believe that a talking camel can convince you to deny the Omnipresent Truth your Higher Self has been silently whispering to you, right? Other than that.....

Now you never have to guess what day it is in the Garden of You!

Reference:http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=19 How is it possible to know your future?

Reference: http://www.auspiciousness.org/dare-to-assume-it/ Dare to assume it!

All,

I just realized that whatever you need, or whenever you need it, can never be too late....

...because now is the only time you can receive it.

Do you see?
Old 18-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Bunny

Quote:
All,
I just realized that whatever you need, or whenever you need it, can never be too late....
...because now is the only time you can receive it.
Do you see?
But, I received it yesterday....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru