Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
Oh yes, I can certainly relate to when someone raves on and on about a movie and then when you get to see it, it's totally disappointing. I have found this over and over because my expectations were now so grand of the movie... so now when a person starts telling me how great it is, I don't go with high hopes of seeing a fantastic movie.

I loved Avatar, I liked the 3D okay, but I've never been big on 3D movies as there is distortion too much for my viewing, but I was taken aback by various phrases said during the movie that resonated with things going on in my life and things that I have said...

Ah, the boss is in so I must stop chatting away on my computer...darn it.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Mountain-Goat

I cried numerous times watching Avatar.

The little jellyfish looking seed pods when they gently landed all over Jake, was the first.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:53 PM
sam197

I thought it was a great film, especially after being in a relationship where nothing came easy. It makes you think...
Old 29-08-2012, 12:20 PM
kislany

I saw it recently and while it was a cute film, I didn't find it so very special. Now Inception on the other hand...
Old 29-08-2012, 06:15 PM
sesheta

The Adjustment Bureau is one I finally got to see recently, and have since purchased it - now ranked as one of my all time fave movies :)

And yes, same for me - it resonated with me in regards to my own current relationship....and I'm always a sucker for a happy ending

But I loved the concept of fate/destiny, and that, in the end, a strong enough love can truly overcome anything....
Old 29-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
I saw it recently and while it was a cute film, I didn't find it so very special. Now Inception on the other hand...

Inception:
Take out the beginning 30 minute instructional video of what an inception is,
remove all the scenes related to the industrial espionage, which had nothing to do with the actual story, and i might watch it again.
Though i'll find it hard ot find the time while watching The Adjustment Bureau for the umpteenth time.

For starters, Inception, though it has the amazing Ellen page in it,
though, like the other great actors in it, lost in the mess the movie was,
The Adjustment Bureau has the amazing and beautiful Emily Blunt, with those legs, smile and eyes.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:41 AM
kislany

Just a bit OT, but since I started mentioning Inception - I think why it really stuck on my mind was that around the time I watched it I was heavily into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That was actually the reason I watch the movie in the first place and while, of course, the movie is a Hollywood production (need I say more?), there were aspects of it that just made sense and resonated with me very strongly.

I guess in a way some thing we watch vibrates more or less with the place we're in at the time. Inception - lucid dreaming. TAbureau - different worlds opening through different doors, fate, destiny, etc. Having said that I will watch TAB again with fresh eyes after having read this entire thread.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
Just a bit OT, but since I started mentioning Inception - I think why it really stuck on my mind was that around the time I watched it I was heavily into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That was actually the reason I watch the movie in the first place and
I like your ability to self observe to reach this insight.
And it makes sense, the connection between your feelings of the movie and your real life experiences.
Quote:
while, of course, the movie is a Hollywood production (need I say more?),
Well, Hollywood is not a conscious entity.
Hollywood is the term used to describe many of creative individuals.
Sometimes, acording to personal preference, "Hollywood" makes a good movie, sometimes bad.
I watch a lot of indie movies, and even there, some i like and some i do not.
Granted, maybe, and i say maybe because i have never run the numbers, but maybe "Hollywood" produces more bad than good.
I have about 150 DVDs on shelf at the moment, maybe 100 more in DVD folders.
I quick glance and 50% of them are "Hollywood" films.

Quote:
there were aspects of it that just made sense and resonated with me very strongly.
In accordance with your insight you discovered about yourself, i can see why.
Each person is having a unique experience, a unique perception of the world, each having personal preferences...movies are just one example of one person liking it and another not.

Quote:
I guess in a way some thing we watch vibrates more or less with the place we're in at the time.Inception - lucid dreaming. TAbureau - different worlds opening through different doors, fate, destiny, etc.
~smiles~ Agreed.
Quote:
Having said that I will watch TAB again with fresh eyes after having read this entire thread.
if you read the entire thread, if you haven't already, most people had unique interpetations of what TAB was saying.
One of the many remarkable things about being a human is the ability to see the same with fresh eyes, the miracle of seeing something new in something already seen.