Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the tao te ching said this, quite honestly and openly I thought. The goal of the sages was apparently to follow the path to the place where you could let go of the path!

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for the reference Falling Leaves.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

In such instances, I tend to fall back on my teachings and experiences because they serve me very well.

In the Tantrik tradition which is a non-dual tradition, there is Shiva which can be synonymous with Brahman or Pure Consciousness - whatever you like to call it and there is Shakti, which is Maya or Energy or perception and everything else that Shiva is not.

It is said that Shiva is everything Shakti is not and Shakti is everything Shiva is not - but wait up, you may say - that is total duality...there's nothing non-dual about that scenario and I agree...until this happens:

Shiva and Skakti merge...join as one in the Ardhanishwara form and the 'dividing line' becomes the difference between Shiva and Shakti when they exist in one form - ShivaShakti.

In the esoteric sense, it is the joining of the Ida and Pingala nadis (nerves) within the body, as represented by the serpents and the 'dividing line' becomes the Shusumna Nadi or the sutra nadi - it is represented in Buddhism by the "Middle Way".

We can even see it in the Yin/Yang - there is one polarity "Yin" with certain features...and there is the "Yang" with opposite features to the "Yin"...but when they are brought together, each balances the other out - totally; leading from duality into non-duality in the form of Yin/Yang. Just as Matter and Anti Matter (duality) cancel each other out (non-duality) and the 'dividing line' is the explosion that occurs when it happens.

With the Yin/Yang, this 'dividing line' is represented by the little dot of Yang energy still remaining within the Yin...and the little dot of Yin energy still remaining within the Yang:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ed85b4f321.jpg

It is also represented by Sri Yantra - the point at which the triangles facing upwards totally intersect with those facing downwards:

This becomes the dividing line.

Jai Ardhanishwar!
Jai ShivaShakti!

Om Namah Shivaya

Yes duality is the appearance of a division, a separation. From the non dual perspective I am describing, that division is a very convincing illusion of difference where there is no difference whatsoever. Yin/Yang illustrates both the appearance of separation and the underlying unity. The rest of the initial post is an attempt to describe what may be experienced by seekers when encountering non duality. They can judge for themselves whether it is helpful or not. It doesn't matter either way of course in terms of connection for each is the other, but it seems to arise anyway:)

Thanks for illustrating your point.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes duality is the appearance of a division, a separation. From the non dual perspective I am describing, that division is a very convincing illusion of difference where there is no difference whatsoever. Yin/Yang illustrates both the appearance of separation and the underlying unity. The rest of the initial post is an attempt to describe what may be experienced by seekers when encountering non duality. They can judge for themselves whether it is helpful or not. It doesn't matter either way of course in terms of connection for each is the other, but it seems to arise anyway:)

Thanks for illustrating your point.
Thank you.

You have understood it very nicely, so my point was well illustrated.