Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2006, 11:42 AM
dreamer

Does anyone else stare at the sun?

I whilw ago and after watching the film Pi I wondered what would happen if I stared at the Sun. I was a bit nervous about going blind but I was in one of those moods where I just thought to hell with it and I stared at the Sun. It took 20 seconds or so until the glare disapated and i could actually see the sun but it was really beautiful. I now stare at the sun on a regular basis for about 30-40 seconds at a time, it is always really beautiful, only when its low in the sky mind you, still a bit worried about going blind!! Although it has not impaired my vision in any way, I am not recommending this to anyone, just interested to know if anyone else does this?

I have wondered whether it is like looking at my own inner light?
Old 21-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Vajra

Talking

i have also, and yes it is beautiful, but my eyes are getting bad so i don't want to do it too often, but sometimes i can't help myself, it is just so beautiful! i can't resist me and my bird love to watch the sunrise together, it seems like the sun is the same size as the moon in the sky if you see the small circle inside the brightness, i could sit in it's light all day.
Old 21-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Lapis

Solar/Stellar

I used to glance at the Sun for as long as my eyes could take it while sunbathing. But, that was back in the old days when the Sun was solar and yellow-gold and gave off a warmth and lusty 3D sort of energy.

To me the Sun - Sun's light - has changed so dramatically over the past 8 years or so. Now it's more stellar light it seems, and it's a brilliant white-silver with a very different heat or warmth coming from it. Its beautiful but in a very very different way than before these big changes. Have you seen all that....??? energy.....??? flowing and swaying off from it now? Make a fist to block out the Sun and you can see all this amazing white mist-like energy radiating off from it far out into the sky around it. That wasn't there before!

dreamer do be careful you don't burn your eyes from looking too long OK? And have you talked to the Sun? Try it too and pay attention to any sudden thoughts that drop into your inner mind.
Old 21-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account
it sounds dangerous to me, you could be seriously damaging your eyes without realising
Old 29-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Hania

One of the things I study is the activity of the sun and in my personal study of ancient civilisations I have found some interesting things out. There are many civilisations that would only act when the sun was at certain stages in its life, for example the chinese used to worship the dragon rising and wouldn't go to war unless he was active (I have found references to yawning), this was about 1500BC, Then there are many other things that are interesting, the Aztecs ands Mayans would sacrifice people at certain moments before the peak of solar activity, the higher the activity the more people sacrificed.
I have also been looking into the centre of the galaxy and the beam of energy that we are about to pass into, this seems to be about to re-charge our sun so to speak and seeing as we are solar creatures, our moods are definately linked to the suns patterns (as well as the moons) but foir the sun it seems that depression and happiness are closely linked, the ancient Afrikaans realised this and again used to go to war when the activity was just right, plant crops and harvest, have marriages, crown kings (or tribal leaders)
Now as for 9/11 from another thread I have found something interesting, all of the solar activity measured from earth was predicted from June-October of that year because the computers went down, strange I thought then I looked into who supplied the computers and were the data was streamed from, IBM and NASA. I have found one set of data that contradicts these others, see graph below and look at the sunspot activity for 9/11 it is just after a peak, which in ancient times would have been a sacrifice to the sun god whereas before the peak would have been worship to the sun god even though they both had the same outcome for the offering.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Hania/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Old 30-12-2006, 05:29 AM
Pounamu

I have looked at the sun directly when it is on the horizon, and it is beautiful, and I sent it my love - "Our Lord the Sun" seems to be something I resonate strongly to (my Mayan lives, I expect). But I do notice I have an after-image that can last several minutes, and I would say that indicates that the light was too intense for my eyes... if you see this effect, take note and beware!
Old 30-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Hania

From what I have learnt from the past you will find that the best time of day to look at the sun for short periods is in ther morning when there is a haze on the horizon, as I mentioned before this is what the chinese refered to as the waking or birth of the dragon, the records from the chinese go back to about 28BC whereas Anaxagorus a greek philosopher was doing this in 467BC, so I repeat the safest time of day to look at the sun for a short time (a few seconds, even 10's of seconds) is the morning, ancient civilisations have done this from at least 2500 years ago. Be careful if you do stare at the sun and just remember that your eyes are important and should be shown a little respect.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
dreamer

Thanks hania, that was really interesting.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
ljepotica

The sky...

Hey dreamer-how are you??

I sometimes look at the sun but for a few seconds only...

What I love doing is just staring at the sky-it's amazing and endless with so many possibilities out there...I feel like I'm at home sometimes when I stare at the sky-as if I belong...
It doesn't have to be a bright sunny day, I even look at the sky when it's grey and rainy, or at night...it's amazing when I can see starts-a million different and distant worlds and realms in the night sky...
It's like all the answers to the universe-and beyond are out there...makes me me so alive and at one with this world that I'm living in.
In fact I look at the sky everyday-it's like I look up there for answers, comfort and reassurance...

Anyone else stare at the sky?
Sorry for going off topic dreamer but well the sun is in the sky so I thought it sort of figured
Closed Thread