Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Seeker

How to pray

Hi all,
Please, share your view about "how to pray to God"...I mean, what conditions, in your opinion, have to be satisfied for the prayer to be...the way ot should be...

I ask about this , because I pray , but I don't get any response...

Thank you.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Master
[quote=xmode]Hi all,
Please, share your view about "how to pray to God"...I mean, what conditions, in your opinion, have to be satisfied for the prayer to be...the way ot should be...

Thank you.[/QUOTE

Hi xmode, who do expect a response from ?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Seeker

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmode
Hi all,

Thank you.[/QUOTE

Hi xmode, who do expect a response from ?

I don't know...I expect something from God. I have some big time troubles, that can be solved only from a help above.

I have prayed a lot.BUt nothing ever changes...So I know that I am making a mistake somewhere...

II expect a help from God...but definately, I am not doing things right. I have some belief in God, but there's something wrong in the way I pray...So my prayers stay unanswered....

I need , prayer guidence,
Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Master
[quote=xmode]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I don't know...I expect something from God. I have some big time troubles, that can be solved only from a help above.

I have prayed a lot.BUt nothing ever changes...So I know that I am making a mistake somewhere...

II expect a help from God...but definately, I am not doing things right. I have some belief in God, but there's something wrong in the way I pray...So my prayers stay unanswered....

I need , prayer guidence,

Mybe if you ask yourself a few questions it might help...

Who is this God that your asking ?
Do you believe this God is outside of you ?
Have you tried to help yourself ?
Do you rely on God to sort your problems out ?

Just a few little things you could think about that might help you.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Hi all,

Thank you.

Sincerely! yet not attached to ego ...... God does not answer ego fulfillment wishes and expectations. Heart Centered SINCERITY ...... not as Prayer , but Heart to Heart TALKING to ....... the answers come with READINESS , those who pray for a week or most often not even a day , are not really SINCERE in what they ask for . PERSIST UNTIL answered. and if still not answered .... INQUIRE WHY!!??? Within ....... each night before you go to sleep .... INQUIRE! Sooner or later ..... you will hear a voice answer as you awaken in the morning. This answer will be simple , profound , and perhaps perplexing for a short time. It has been a long time since we forgot our own inner ability to Speak and Hear the DIVINE BEING ........ it takes some time and persistence to RE-ACTIVATE those Neural PATHWAYS in the Higher Centers of the Brain, they have been dormant but not dead! In Christianity those who knew were the Essenes and Gnostics ....... the Mystical Groups ..... and each Religion has a group of Mystical Ones ....... Mystical is a term which is mis-understood , better term would be NORMAL ......... for the rest are a bit abnormal to say the least.

Your INTENTION means more than anything else. PURE INTENTION and RESOLVE to Persist UNTIL answered DIRECTLY ....... MUST BE ANSWERED!
What you are looking for ...... IS ...... like the man behind the curtain of the great and powerful Wizard of OZ ..... that which OBSERVES within .
Old 09-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Seeker

[quote=sky123]
Quote:

Mybe if you ask yourself a few questions it might help...

Who is this God that your asking ?
Do you believe this God is outside of you ?
Have you tried to help yourself ?
Do you rely on God to sort your problems out ?

Just a few little things you could think about that might help you.

Good questions...Like Plato, I associate God with the idea of the GOOD. He states that God is within us.I have tried to help myself with no luck, I believe my problem can be solved only from .... above...
Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Sincerely! yet not attached to ego ...... God does not answer ego fulfillment wishes and expectations. Heart Centered SINCERITY ...... not as Prayer , but Heart to Heart TALKING to ....... the answers come with READINESS , those who pray for a week or most often not even a day , are not really SINCERE in what they ask for . PERSIST UNTIL answered. and if still not answered .... INQUIRE WHY!!??? Within ....... each night before you go to sleep .... INQUIRE! Sooner or later ..... you will hear a voice answer as you awaken in the morning. This answer will be simple , profound , and perhaps perplexing for a short time. It has been a long time since we forgot our own inner ability to Speak and Hear the DIVINE BEING ........ it takes some time and persistence to RE-ACTIVATE those Neural PATHWAYS in the Higher Centers of the Brain, they have been dormant but not dead! In Christianity those who knew were the Essenes and Gnostics ....... the Mystical Groups ..... and each Religion has a group of Mystical Ones ....... Mystical is a term which is mis-understood , better term would be NORMAL ......... for the rest are a bit abnormal to say the least.

Your INTENTION means more than anything else. PURE INTENTION and RESOLVE to Persist UNTIL answered DIRECTLY ....... MUST BE ANSWERED!
What you are looking for ...... IS ...... like the man behind the curtain of the great and powerful Wizard of OZ ..... that which OBSERVES within .

Hello, thankks for your guidence,
well my wish is kind of egoistic.I want to be delivered from the suffering I am into...I want my life to be saved...But I make some general mistake in my .. spiritual life, I do not pray rightfully...

Btw, some gnostics believe that God is transcedental and impersonal spirit....I really don't like the idea, that God is an impersonal force....Like gravity or electricity...
Old 09-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Master
http://www.esolibris.com/articles/re...hpQUOTE=xmode]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Will this help ?

Good questions...Like Plato, I associate God with the idea of the GOOD. He states that God is within us.I have tried to help myself with no luck, I believe my problem can be solved only from .... above...
Old 17-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

god- see earth and all those points of light? each point represents someone praying; if everyone prays at the same time, earth would shine brightly
Old 22-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Part of what prayer is, is about changing, or aligning
oneself to the Almighty's plan and intent.
Meditate on the example Jesus gave us.

Familiar with Jagger's rock song, "You don't always get what you want, but".. ?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein