Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 09-01-2018, 02:47 AM
Knower
Signed Up to Volunteer!

My social anxiety really hinders a lot of my growth, as well as my childhood conditioning...

There are many people my age, and even younger (like 12!) who volunteer, walk around on their own outside, and do many independent things, while I am 23 yrs. old who gets nervous to order french fries at a fast food joint or make small talk with a cashier (or anyone!) . I also believe that this fear has been passed down from my mom because she gets scared and nervous pretty easily too...

Anyways, I just signed up to volunteer with my little sisters! I know I'm not volunteering by myself, but I'm taking little steps, and this is one small step. Before doing things independently, I think I need to find out who I am, find good support and reassurance, find things i love to do, and build up my conversational skills.

This is a BIG step for me. Something like this is almost foreign to me so it's scary... I've always been in a bubble, so hopefully one day I'll be able to break out of that bubble and participate more in the world with great assurance in who I am!

I hope it goes well!!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Suspended
What do you mean by Volunteer? volunteer work? iv done that before too it can lead to a job sometimes, normally does lead to something in my experience.

Thats good taking steps thought even if you think they are small, thats how you move forward right? *hi five*
Old 09-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Congratulations on working on yourself and trying to overcome your personal barriers!

Now, you should not look too much at others and what they are doing or have accomplished. Everyone's journey is different. You are your own authority, you are the only one who is allowed to decide what is right or wrong for you.

Sometimes I think it is the small things that matter. Taking small steps definitely is better than doing nothing at all.

As long as the small steps you are taking are aligned with what YOU want.

I wish you luck and success on your journey. May you find out who you really are and what you really want and then, step by little step, follow the path you have chosen for yourself.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
What do you mean by Volunteer? volunteer work? iv done that before too it can lead to a job sometimes, normally does lead to something in my experience.

Thats good taking steps thought even if you think they are small, thats how you move forward right? *hi five*

My sisters and I helped a school do some redecorating.
It was pretty nice! ^^

The lady in charge actually asked for our information in case she wanted more volunteers in future projects. Although the experience was great, I'm still very unsure of volunteering in future projects. I guess it depends on what they'll be doing. The next volunteering event involves teachers I knew from childhood and I don't want to see them because they're gonna want to say I don't go to school or have a job.
(i'm working on getting job though!)

And yes! *high five!*
Old 25-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Congratulations on working on yourself and trying to overcome your personal barriers!

Now, you should not look too much at others and what they are doing or have accomplished. Everyone's journey is different. You are your own authority, you are the only one who is allowed to decide what is right or wrong for you.

Sometimes I think it is the small things that matter. Taking small steps definitely is better than doing nothing at all.

As long as the small steps you are taking are aligned with what YOU want.

I wish you luck and success on your journey. May you find out who you really are and what you really want and then, step by little step, follow the path you have chosen for yourself.

Thank you so so much!! You have given me very beautiful advice that I have heard before, but my own fears have made me forget.
All my life, my own life has been controlled by someone else, so taking authority of my own life at this age is really frightening, but these small, very shaky steps are good.

I've always been doing things for others or having others do things for me that doing things for myself is like a learning a new language! I realize I have much to learn in life!

I feel like a bird with wings who still has not flown from the nest, or trusts in her own wings. >.<

Thank you so much!
Old 17-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Master
The flower remedy Red Clover by FES remedies helps with social fear. I should know because I'm taking it and it is helping.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The flower remedy Red Clover by FES remedies helps with social fear. I should know because I'm taking it and it is helping.

Ooh that's interesting! Is this it?
http://store.fesflowers.com/red-clover-1-oz.html

If i were to purchase one, how would I use it?
Old 18-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Master
Yes that is the one. You take the remedy by adding about four drops to a drink several times a day.

Old 18-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes that is the one. You take the remedy by adding about four drops to a drink several times a day.

Thank you for that, but I read online that it contains alcohol and that information makes me a little uneasy...

My social anxiety has actually lessened from when I first posted this thread, so I'll continue to do what I can gradually. ^^
Thank you again though ^-^)/
Old 19-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
The flower solution is preserved in Brandy. But you only need a tiny amount at any time. Are you teetotal?