Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Master
thoughts from sai baba

I thought I would post some of the discourses from sai baba, as they may be useful for those on the spiritual path.

Control your tongue as it always craves for a variety of delicacies. Ask yourself this question, “O tongue, how many bags of rice, wheat and vegetables, how many delicacies have you tasted? Fie on you if you are still unsatisfied!” Eat sufficiently to satisfy your hunger and sustain your body, without giving undue importance to taste. Likewise, your eyes must see God instead of watching unsacred things on the television or video. May your ears listen to the stories of the Lord instead of vain gossip. All that you see and hear gets imprinted on your heart and unsacred things pollute it. When your heart is polluted, life becomes meaningless. Human heart is like a pen. The colour of the words that you write will be the same as the colour of the ink in the pen. God expects you to fill your heart with love. Then, all that you think say and do will be suffu sed with love and your life shall become sacred.
Old 23-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Experiencer
I love this!
Old 25-01-2014, 01:53 AM
kumarjitghoshal

Ankh hai bo , jo Shyam ka darshan Kiya kare (that eye is EYE which see Krishna)

Hai Shis jo prabhu charan mein Vandan kiya kare (that head is only head that bows before Almighty)

Bekar boh mukh hai jo rahe bayarth bato mein (useless is that mouth that speaks otherwise)

Mukh boh hai jo hari nam ka sumiran kiya kare (that mouth is only mouth which do hari nam sankirtan)

Hire Moti Se Nahi Shobha hai hath ka (hands are not beautified with the ornaments of Diamonds and pearls)

hai hat jo prabhu bandan kiya kare (that hand is Hand which worship lord only)

Mar kar bhi Amar Naam hai Us Jeev ka Jag Me (that person lives in his name in this world, even after death)

Prabhu Prem Me Balidaan Jo Jeevan Kiya Kare (who dies by sacrificing own life in the name of god)

hello pete .... well you know my English is not so good , but i could not control myself , so i have tried to translate one song (gazal in this case) of Anup Jalota .... and the song is of Meera.

here is the link of the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNnXTdL04E
Old 29-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Master
Another thing for those on the spiritual path to consider form baba

Jealousy will make a person see bad, even in the good! It will bring about your destruction in many ways. Root it out of you at the earliest. If not, the next one to come is ego. Ego destroys discrimination, drives out human qualities, and turns you into a demon. Doubt, jealousy, ego and lack of faith are four very strong evil qualities. Even if any one of those four are present in anyone, without doubt, they will be ruined over time. Develop good conduct and earnestly practice good behavior as much as possible, then you will attain the status of a noble person over time. Never do any work with the desire for money or any other benefit. Expecting the result of work is greediness. The fruit of the action depends upon the action itself. Can you expect 100/100 even before you start studying? Instead of studying keeping marks in view, you must study because it is y our duty, and do it with total dedication.
Old 29-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Knower

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Peteyzen.
Esse Quam Videri
Cirrus
Old 21-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Master
Another of Sai Baba`s many discourses, that apply to any and all spiritual questers whatever their belief system

Consider your physical body a chariot. Just as the horse is important for the chariot, your mind is the most important thing for your body. What is the point if the chariot is very tastefully decorated and the horse is starved? Today, many of you are caring so much for the body and entirely neglecting the mind. Many have a very good, soft bed and stay in air-conditioned rooms, yet their body feels the heat and the mind is suffering from restlessness, with no peace of mind. Why? You are caring so much for the body and neglecting the mind. Take good care of the mind. If you do so, even if you go to a forest, it will be for-rest! The most appropriate food for your mind are virtues, good feelings, good conduct and good thought. Feed the horse well, the chariot will run! So too, take good care of your mind, you will be happy and peaceful.
Old 22-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

I love this thoughts, Indeed they are useful in spiritual path, Thanx for posting..!!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Master
I liked this one and thought I would share it with you all.
If you throw a pebble in a pond, a small ripple originates and spreads until the end of the river. You may or may not be able to see, but the ripple starts right at the point where the stone meets the water. Similarly, in the lake of your mind, when you throw a stone of thought, ripples of thought waves start spreading throughout your body. The same ripple reflects in your eyes, brain, ears, heart and also in your hands and legs. Hence you must be very careful with the kind of thoughts that you permit to pervade your personality. When you get pure thoughts, all your senses will be purified by it. However, if you get bad thoughts, your senses will be perverted and this will quickly spread to your eyes, heart, hand and brain. Always have pure thoughts. If you do so, your body, senses and actions will be purified.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:22 PM
angel star

Good one, though only the heart must go through the vanity and the vain to realize its purity in the end, om sai ram !
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Master
Peteyzen, thanks for posting these passages. I'd appreciate some discussion on this part of one
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Never do any work with the desire for money or any other benefit. Expecting the result of work is greediness. The fruit of the action depends upon the action itself.
Our North Amrican society (in fact, societies in all parts of the Americas, plus most of the world, indlcuding India) is based around the idea that able-bodied people will typically work for a living. They work for themselves, for their families, etc. (Yes, we know the exceptions - such as people who are born to wealth.)

A man who is unable to be paid for the work he does or is willing to do may often lose his wife and children, as the wife may not like living in extreme poverty. It boils down to the fact that virtually everyone in all the world's "modern" societies expects to be paid for the work they do (in their job). The part I quoted does sound like what is mentioned in the Bhagavad Gita - but I can see that applying more to what one does in volunteer work or in practicing an art (say, music, dance, painting, a fine craft, etc).

Your comment?