Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiewilbury
From what I understand, and have heard, it's not a "choice" to be homosexual. Some devout people and mystics would say that sexuality in general of any kind isn't spiritual. I would think it's the intent behind your actions that matters in most cases.

Sex which creates life,the great creative force as not being spiritual,that is too strange.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:36 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowCatCakes
So, I've been wondering a bit about sexuality and love. What is it? Is it something biological to urge us to reproduce, or is it something of more importance?

Spirituality is personal to one's self ...
Its development is nurtured by one's own desire & belief in its benefits ...
There is a strong urge for sex in the younger years; almost overwhelming ...
It tends to fade as one nears menopause same as maternal instincts ...
My understanding is men also go through a physical & mental change similar to women, but I'm not sure if their sex drive lowers ...

All & all, if you love someone deeply that is just what it is LOVE...
Its a universal term that is easily understood & recognized ...
Personally, I don't believe homosexual or straight sex has anything to do w/one's spirituality ...
Procreation allows souls to incarnate ...
Old 12-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
Sex which creates life,the great creative force as not being spiritual,that is too strange.

So sex should not happen when a person cannot have children? Or when a couple is past child bearing years?

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
I don't think it matters which sex we love. So long as we do that with respect, care and all the other things which go with meaningful encounters and relationships. We get so tied up in the "sex is for reproduction" thing. But it isn't so easily labelled like that.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Master
Homosexuality is an "unconscious" choice. No one chooses to be homosexual by conscious choice. And some psychological cases prove that a homosexual can be forced to become heterosexual. But the same could be said of hetero as well.

It goes to show you that sexual orientation means nothing to God. The soul is androgynous and both sexes and neither sexes. But sex was naturally developed through species for reproduction between a male and female sex.

So it stands to reason that it was intended in the beginning that heterosexuality is the original and intended orientation created by God and his angelic beings.

This doesn't mean homosexuality is sinful. It is as simply as being left handed or right handed when it comes to writing.

But homosexuality seems like something that developed over time because souls began accustomed to "feminine" and "masculine" mental forms. That is why a homosexual man was most likely a female in a past life, or a homosexual woman was most likely a male in a past life.

I am all for gay marriage and all gay rights. But I am giving you the answers no one dares to give on a psychological level and metaphysical level.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:08 AM
MeowCatCakes

I'd just like to get out in the open that, as some people who do not understand it think, homosexuality and bisexuality is not some fetish and is nothing to do with sexual arousal in that manner. Of course, you may get turned on by the same sex, but it just means either looking past physical gender, or having preference to your own gender.

I think that really even homosexuality is a natural process which some go through. After all, if it was a sin and went against God then why did the universe make those people the way they are?

From what I've heard, about 6% of every animal species conveys homosexual behaviour. I know that's not much, but it's still something.

Scientists really need to look at this from at least a biological point of view. Perhaps it is natural for some to be gay so that humans do not overpopulate the earth.

And for anyone who says that sex is not spiritual and is merely here for reproduction: well, it isn't as simple.

From what I've learned, everything we experience in our lives exists upon more than just one dimension. Of course, sex is physical so it exists in our know physical dimension. It also has a physical biological reaction. However, during sex you are creating a bond on other realms with the other person. When you have sex it strengthens the love between the two souls, which methinks is why you should only have sex with someone you love.

Sex also causes a ball of powerful energy to rush from your ground chakra to your crown chakra. The second chakra accounts for sexuality, also.

By saying that gays are spiritual I'm not saying that they are these enlightened spiritual beings which are better than everybody else. I'm merely saying that homosexuality is something which happens because of spiritual reasons.

I'm not saying that you should be gay, I'm just saying that it is okay to be gay. After all, a soul can still keep loving another soul after death of the physical body, and I have never heard of souls with certain genders.

You are not obligated to believing nor disbelieving anything I state, but at least take it as an idea with an open mind.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Master
Every experience is spiritual. Because the energy that creates all life is also used to experience life.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
Every experience is spiritual.
Because the energy that creates all life is also used to experience life.
Well, you saved me some time...

Where does desire come from?
Where does appreciation come from?
Where does attraction come from from?
I would say when we know the Source of these things, we understand so much
more.

Since God is a Lover of God, what is God then?
In the 3rd Dimension there is duality...it is the fun, the play, the lila of this
particular realm.
Duality is an illusion created by the Creator....it is separation when there is no separation,
matter where nothing is solid or is what it appears to be...all appearing and kept by
the thought of God...created and held together by Spirit.

Behind all the visible and invisible is Light...all the spaces are alive with pure Consciousness.
We ourselves are 99.99999% empty space...

Is homosexuality spiritual?
Of course. Is a cloud? Is a puppy?Are the roots of a tree burrowing and the branches reaching?

You don't ask a scientist this question...and a scientist shouldn't answer.
Good question.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordank
Homosexuality is not spiritual, no way.

Wow...and a person with a truth grasp of spirituality or who truly is spiritual wouldn't dare make such a comment, especially without giving valid reasons and leaving such a vague statement.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Homosexuality is an "unconscious" choice. No one chooses to be homosexual by conscious choice. And some psychological cases prove that a homosexual can be forced to become heterosexual. But the same could be said of hetero as well.

Though I agree and disagree with parts of your statement, and I am glad you have a more open minded concept than others. Doesn't this part further the believe that homosexuality is a choice and not something you are born "with"? I mean I like the point of you saying that it can go both ways, but still I feel like this spreads that belief further which can be so hurtful to homosexual people (let's all be pansexual, love has no gender) and especially in cultures with a strong (more like extreme) religious influence.