Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Ivy

given the recognition that many feel reading this post...it would perhaps be more fruitful to discuss illusion rather more than truth.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
You cannot dissolve for as long as you believe that you ARE still dissolving. That there IS a you to dissolve. The self-realized state is not a big deal, 'peace' is as natural as breathing. Its not a grandiose thing. Its not how we imagine it to be - it cannot be by definition. We want the satisfaction of knowing that we are self-realized and that we are at peace, but by definition, in a self-realized state there is no satisfaction, because satisfaction comes from a mind-knowing. Its just a way of living in which there is no need to achieve something, a way of living in which we are at peace with having nothing to do! I wouldnt even say its better, its just different. Its just about being in allowance of what arises in each moment. There may still be emotions, there may still be discomfort, there may still be hunger. Its so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that 'enlightenment' is a state of being. Its not. Its just who we are when we are not busy creating and getting in the way of that which is already present, here and now.

By all means carry on with the work daz. In my opinion though, based on what you have told me, you have done more than enough karmic work to let it go and just trust that what arises in each moment is perfect. You already ARE self-realized you just havent realized that yet. You might need to get a new hobby though as letting go of something to work towards kind of leaves us with nothing to do! And for many people, having nothing to do and nothing to work towards is really the last fear we face.

You may or may not know the answer to this andy but via what process did Nisargadatta undertake to reach such a conclusion.

The false self or the I am identity must of been "realized" for what It Is whether It had "dissolved" or been "destroyed" or just had "Fallen away"

In order for Nisargadatta to know what Is the natural state prior to be-ing conscious of the self Identity means that he knows what he Is not..

A realization of this must have been so.

There Is no light switch that can be turned on and off, It Is a gradual progression from be-ing In the dark to be-ing In the light so to speak.

Realizing what we are not Is part of the parcel, what we are not needs to be dissolved / destroyed or whatever.

Thanks for your kind words..by the way

And yes what does one do when there Is no-thing to do he he

Perhaps I won't know what to do (lol)

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 05-10-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
given the recognition that many feel reading this post...it would perhaps be more fruitful to discuss illusion rather more than truth.

Hi Heather

Would you say that an Individual needs to realize the illusions and all that they are not, so the truth can shine through?

x daz x
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes heather there is a lot that could be said on this...but Andrew, identifying truth from not-truth or illusion does require an inquiring mind, IMO. Or, even more primal, a spark of desire to know truth from illusion...to know self and God or what have you. Isn't this a natural outcome of engaged consciousness? Then again...what do I know? LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

There Is no light switch that can be turned on and off, It Is a gradual progression from be-ing In the dark to be-ing In the light so to speak.

Realizing what we are not Is part of the parcel, what we are not needs to be dissolved / destroyed or whatever.

Agreed...it is, as some would say, a gradual unveiling, layer by layer...whereby we can truly see ourselves and see existence and truth with ever greater clarity.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You may or may not know the answer to this andy but via what process did Nisargadatta undertake to reach such a conclusion.

The false self or the I am identity must of been "realized" for what It Is whether It had "dissolved" or been "destroyed" or just had "Fallen away"

In order for Nisargadatta to know what Is the natural state prior to be-ing conscious of the self Identity means that he knows what he Is not..

A realization of this must have been so.

Thanks for your kind words..by the way

And yes what does one do when there Is no-thing to do he he

Perhaps I won't know what to do (lol)

x daz x

Yes. You wont know what to do. Thats the point. The reason is that there is no belief in 'one' who knows what to do. Thats why its a state of 'trust'.

In self-realization we dont realize what we are or what we are not. We realize that there is no-one TO realize what we are or what we are not and therefore the whole finding/realizing thing has been a tragically silly game, yet one that is still perfect and that we have had no choice about,.

Oh, I think Nisargadatta focused on 'I am' for a couple of years as much as he could. If you want to carry on with the work then its none of my business daz, I still love ya for it. I just think that maybe youve done enough and the rest could take care of itself as it arises in each moment. Its up to you though. Unless its not. Okay, I think Ive said enough for now....
Old 05-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yes heather there is a lot that could be said on this...but Andrew, identifying truth from not-truth or illusion does require an inquiring mind, IMO. Or, even more primal, a spark of desire to know truth from illusion...to know self and God or what have you. Isn't this a natural outcome of engaged consciousness? Then again...what do I know? LOL...

The enquiring mind is actually what we are releasing. As humans we already HAVE the enquiring mind. Thats the suffering. The key is in using enquiry to enquire as to whether we can know for certain there is an enquirer, or whether we can know for certain that enquiry is actually happening.

The closest thing to a truth there is, is that nothing is provably true - even this.

Agreed...it is, as some would say, a gradual unveiling, layer by layer...whereby we can truly see ourselves and see existence and truth with ever greater clarity.

10 characters.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

The thing is... there may be furthur unveiling to do, but if so then that is you and there is no need to imagine a future you fully unveiled, you just are as you are now.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:

I can go with that, though its hard to separate the two. I would say that anything thought of is 'illusion' (or 'maya') And there is no thing that is not thought of. This includes 'thought' itself.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes. You wont know what to do. Thats the point. The reason is that there is no belief in 'one' who knows what to do. Thats why its a state of 'trust'.

In self-realization we dont realize what we are or what we are not. We realize that there is no-one TO realize what we are or what we are not and therefore the whole finding/realizing thing has been a tragically silly game, yet one that is still perfect and that we have had no choice about,.

Oh, I think Nisargadatta focused on 'I am' for a couple of years as much as he could. If you want to carry on with the work then its none of my business daz, I still love ya for it. I just think that maybe youve done enough and the rest could take care of itself as it arises in each moment. Its up to you though. Unless its not. Okay, I think Ive said enough for now....

Hmm...but many are called to share and we may even use the concept of "teach" by word and deed, whichever speaks to the seeker...or the non-seeker, LOL...and I am still seeking...so I welcome the presence of all those who want to question themselves or others, &/or share...

I am also more of the position that self-realisation is a process and a becoming...it doesn't start or end so abruptly...rather it is a process of (we hope) ever greater refinement and clarity...with moments of epiphany and enlightenment which tend to leave an ever deeper "residue" over time on one's soul and one's consciousness.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Oh, I think Nisargadatta focused on 'I am' for a couple of years as much as he could

He then "realized" that the I am Is not who he was/Is otherwise he would of carried on...

If you want to carry on with the work then its none of my business daz, I still love ya for it

It seems like I am on auto pilot until I am not. It will end. The same energy that Initiated the search will end the search / work. (I think) lol

All ways a pleasure. ( catch u laters )

x daz x
Closed Thread