Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRx

For me, hell is just karma. What I think it means, is, that people who think they get away by taking advantage of others for their own benefit and screwing the other person in the process, actually don't. God is always watching. ?

But do you see, that even in your view of the " Karma", hell is a punishment. The suggestion is " Your going to pay for your wrongs." Your not going to get away with it. And in the sick concept of eternal hell suffering the person pays for their sins by being sent to live in a lake of fire for all eternity. The REAL biblical message teachs that Christ paied for our sins and we do not face such an incredible punishment.

I kind of like the reasoning that what we now live in is hell; Why would God have us live in a hell, only to die and go to some eternal hell?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Master
[quote=WhiteShaman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel

Mickiel........careful study will show that they do not believe or teach what you stated in your OP...........
The belief that God has construted a place called " Hell", and that he will place unbelievers into this place of torture, and torture them for all of eternity- alive and conscious- with no end.

I disagree with you, I have studied it carefully, and the majority of them believe exactly what I stated. There are exceptions in each group, but they are smaller factions.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Master
[quote=mickiel]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

I disagree with you, I have studied it carefully, and the majority of them believe exactly what I stated. There are exceptions in each group, but they are smaller factions.

ok.......................
Old 02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I have no faith; I am in no religion, and I am not part of any group; I walk alone in my belief. And I called the belief in eternal hell nonsense, not the Scriptures; I believe in the bible myself, why would I call it nonsense? You need to reconsider how you read what I said.

God didnot write the bible, I believe he inspired it to be written by certain men; over 40 of them. And I believe it to be the word of absolute truth.

And the incredible belief in eternal suffering hell was derived from the bible by most who believe it. It came to be in the bible from mistranslations from the people who translated the bible from one language to another. And I will be going into that in detail.

Thanks for clarifying your views for me, so you do believe in the Bible as I do that some of it is truth but not all?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Greyeyes

The concept of hell comes about because we are in duality consciousness. A world of keeping the balance. If there is a good there must be an evil. If there is a Christ there must be an anti Christ. If there is peace there must also be war. It is all a reflection of our consciousness. (As inside so also outside.) If Gods love is unconditional, then where did hell come from. Something smells fishy. This fishy smell is why I am a recovering Southern Baptist, who now follows the Native American path.
All of our great teachers were awakened, they were not in duality consciousness. When a person who is not in duality tries to teach people who are trapped in duality and refuse to do there personal work to awaken, the teachings become twisted as they are written down by others who are still in duality consciousness. Teachings have to be taken in context of the times. When Jesus said that he was the way the truth and the light, it meant that he was the living example, do as he did and become like him. No where in there did I read use me as an excuse.
All of the great teachings were a process to become awakened. If a belief causes people to fight and kill each other over who's way is right or wrong, i do not much care for it. Besides why would I or anyone else want belief and faith, when they could do the personal work and step into the knowing.
Heaven and Hell is here and now, just open your eyes and look around. There are also around 32 books of the Bible that the church threw out. Read the Gospel of Philip, where Jesus tells Philip that all will be taken back to the Father in the end. Or read the Gospel of Thomas which gives the understanding of duality consciousness, the trap that keeps us all enslaved.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
DulcePoetica

I have also noticed that most of the people who believe in hell don't believe that they themselves will end up there. Hell is almost always for "other people."

In my estimation, if a person believes any soul deserves the misery of such a place as hell, they are probably a sadist and not nearly as righteous as they want us to think.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Master
If hell is run by the devil, why would he not reward you for getting sent there? lol
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
nightowl

I think hell was created by man as a way to see justice served to those who didn't receive it in this life. We as humans dislike it when a wrong goes unpunished, believing that people won't get away from such things even in the afterlife I think, brings an almost comfort and a way to explain how all injustice and wrong doings do eventually get punished.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
If hell is run by the devil, why would he not reward you for getting sent there? lol
Ah yes, I bet they serve veal, fioe gras and caviar.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I think hell was created by man as a way to see justice served to those who didn't receive it in this life. We as humans dislike it when a wrong goes unpunished, believing that people won't get away from such things even in the afterlife I think, brings an almost comfort and a way to explain how all injustice and wrong doings do eventually get punished.

Seriously, it has been shown that the concept of torment and punishment with levels of torture in a place called hell came in the 1300's from a play written by Dante called "The Divine Comedy"
It's just that it stuck as being real.........