Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Experiencer
I understand where you are coming from.

I think we have some serious differences in how we view relationships as it is, however. Seeing you describe how a guide might 'take advantage' of their station almost indicates abuse, whereas as a being of love and light, it would always be the furthest thing from that.

Also, a guide is not going to pursue a human directly. It is only when the human pursues the guide that the guide may open up to the possibility of a relationship. The guide is there to aid the human, and in that respect it is always the human who makes these types of decisions.

I will add that it is possible for a spirit guide to manifest as flesh and blood, with a high enough amount of energy.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Medium_Laura

I agree with Kaere :)
Old 27-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
I don't have much advice. Only that you should really ask yourself why you're having such feelings; whether there's an obvious emotional reason for your falling for a spirit guide.

I don't necessarily think it's wrong. But I do think that it can be a problematic thing, either in terms of engendering problems or reflecting already existing ones. Although, spirit spouses, and lovers are not unheard of, it's still important to ask yourself why you feel drawn to such a relationship - particularly with a guardian angel/spirit guide, who tend to be, by their role and nature, not exceedingly intimate with people in terms of emotional attachment.

Hello :)
Well, this person who is now in spirit was someone that I loved and was in love with while they were alive though we never had a relationship or anything of the sort. So now that they're in spirit, nothing has changed for me and I hope you understand what I mean. This person now seems to watch me alot and protect me and their care for me is what makes me fall for them. Their sweetness is why I am in love with them. Then on top of everything else, our soul mate connection just makes things more intense. Sometimes when I look at old pictures and things of this person, an intimate feeling comes about inside of myself and I do not understand why this happens because it only happens with this one person who is now in spirit. It alot happened during a meditation once. This person popped up during a meditation of mine and when I meditated on them (since they seemed to always pop up during my meditations) that intimate feeling inside of me really heightened itself . The feeling can't be explained but it falls in between that of a spiritual and love feeling, it is not a lustful one. I want to make that clear. And it only can be felt when this in particular person is involved and I am in love with them and I can't understand anything, :(

I know that spirit guide and the like are not really here to engage in relationships like those of the human mind...and that is why I am worried about what to do because I can't seem to stop my feelings,,,I mean.....they are there and I can not help it :(
Old 27-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Blanket

Well you guys this is really confusing and hard for me because I am in love with this person who is now in spirit and feelings just do not disappear in a blink of an eye. So my question is what can I do to erase these feelings??? I have tried everything...even ridiculous things to get myself out of these romantic feelings that I feel for this person who seems to be taking care of me and protecting me and nothing works :(
I feel so ashamed!!!!!

This all sounds ridiculous. "To be in love with a spirit guide or guardian angel" I know this is all ridiculous but I can not help what my heart feels. I feel deeply ashamed of this but I want help to get away from it and I can't!!!! :'(

Before this person passed over in spirit, I have always loved them. Meaning that I always respected and just loved them....but then for some odd reason I started to fall in love with them once they passed over....I know it's weird but it's true. Now that they are in spirit and are watching over me and protecting me or whatever, I am in love with them because they're really sweet and really caring about me which is some of the reasons why I am in love with them. It doesn't help that whenever I see old pictures of this person, this spiritually intimate feeling comes into play inside of me and I just don't understand anything about any of this and it hurts me :(

I think I might get a reading about this in particular when I get enough money.

Thank you all for your opinions and input though!!!!
Old 27-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Topology

I think the confusion was the lacking bit of information about this person having been someone that was in your life and crossed over.

I wouldn't bother with a reading. Just focus on what feels right to you. You're an adult, you can decide what you want to do or not. So long as there is not any kind of manipulation going on. Do what YOU want to do. Do what makes your heart sing.
Old 27-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I think the confusion was the lacking bit of information about this person having been someone that was in your life and crossed over.

I wouldn't bother with a reading. Just focus on what feels right to you. You're an adult, you can decide what you want to do or not. So long as there is not any kind of manipulation going on. Do what YOU want to do. Do what makes your heart sing.

Thank you for that :)
I left out quite a few details because I basically just wanted to get to the point which was how do you force yourself to stop being in love with someone?

This person wasn't "in" my life..they were kind of just someone that I admired..

I don't know what's right or wrong in this case ... however, I am feeling guilty about being in love with a spirit who's role is to merely protect and watch over me..I do love this spirit/person but now I am in love as well and I just want it to go away :(
Old 27-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Blanket

The problem is, I want to be able to view the person who is now in spirit as the role that they play, meaning that if their mere role is just to simply protect me and watch over me, I want to be able to view them strictly as that and love them for merely those reasons alone. I don't want to start falling in love with them because of how sweet and caring they are for me but this seems to be the case and it's really starting to upset me because I can't get rid of these feelings.
Old 27-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Topology

So your mind is telling you that you shouldn't love this person, but your heart is?

Are you sure you're not mistaking a deep appreciation and Agape type love for personal love? Meaning that the love rising up in you isn't necessarily romantic, but transcendental and healthy?

I'm just trying to understand.

What is the worst that could happen from allowing yourself to love this person? It could simply be that they are asking to share something they did not get a chance to share while in the flesh. Perhaps they loved you this deeply despite not being in a romantic relationship with you? And they're just trying to get the message across?
Old 27-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
So your mind is telling you that you shouldn't love this person, but your heart is?

Are you sure you're not mistaking a deep appreciation and Agape type love for personal love? Meaning that the love rising up in you isn't necessarily romantic, but transcendental and healthy?

I'm just trying to understand.

What is the worst that could happen from allowing yourself to love this person? It could simply be that they are asking to share something they did not get a chance to share while in the flesh. Perhaps they loved you this deeply despite not being in a romantic relationship with you? And they're just trying to get the message across?

Your post made me smile because you are aiming some questions at me without harsh judgment being thrown in the mix ... thank you :).

To answer your questions, I'm not sure what agape love is but I have heard of it. I feel every kind of love for this person in spirit so yes, I'm sure that part of that love is romantic but it's spiritual at the same time and I can't really explain it. I love this person like a father, brother, friend and lover . I hope that makes sense . The love isn't limited to only romance. Never. It extends that for me. My problem is, I don't know if this is right for me to feel since I have been told countless times that this person seems to be "watching out for me" and "protecting me" and "keeping his eye on me" and so forth. I've also been told that this person loves to be around me and that we shared past lives together...and I would like to know more about what types of relationships we shared in those past lives because this spiritually intimate feeling that I feel whenever I see pictures of this person confuses me. I don't understand what it is or why it happens with this person alone and no one else.

Yes, my mind is telling me that I'm wrong for feeling the type of love that I feel for this person because just look - 2 people or so on this post already said in so many words that guides and guardian angels and so forth can't engage in that type of love or whatever. The person who is now in spirit comes off like he wants to protect me and like he enjoys being around me...I have been asked by psychics if this man was my FATHER because of how strong his protection over me is...and that makes me feel like I'm committing "spiritual incest" in a way if there is such a thing. I don't know, this is crazy.

The love in me for this person is indefinitely transcendental . No doubt about that and the love is that of a natural one...like the love you'd naturally feel for a sibling...BUT the love is also spiritually romantic . This person's spirit is very attractive to me and I can't explain it. I just can't explain what I exactly mean..this is really hard on me..and I could try to fight it all I want but nothing works..

I know that you're just trying to understand and I appreciate it. I'm trying to understand, as well!

Me falling IN love with this person is a problem if the person in spirit doesn't feel the same way number one. Number two, I don't want to commit spiritual incest if there is a such thing as that . If this person in spirit views me as his "spiritual daughter" or whatever then wouldn't it be pretty awkward and wrong for me to be in love with him?? I don't know ... I'm confused. :(

Your possibility is a good one but I wouldn't take it to heart because alot of problems could arise from me thinking like that...

I have been told by 2 psychics that this person feels "bonded" to me and that he feels a deep spiritual connection with me....I have also been told once that we were lovers, siblings and etc. in past lives together....but of course I don't know what to believe...

I just want to know how to get rid of these romantic feelings for this person because it's obviously "not right" considering the role the person plays in my life........I don't know.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Medium_Laura

Blanket, have you tried having a real relationship? Going out and meeting someone? I think what Topology said is correct in the way that you are in love with a "memory" more or less, not really the spirit. Because at the time he was alive you didn't have these feelings and now that he's passed you don't feel as if you can be rejected and it's safe to love someone that isn't physical. A kind of failsafe for you. So that you can't really get hurt.

I can only say that the reason this can be bad for both of you is that normally people that we've known in life are not "true guides", but do hang around us. When you put a ton of emotion to them, you hold them here, in between. They stay with you to heal you and help you but you also prevent them from moving forward with their own spiritual growth. I'm sure you would not want to impede his growth and this is also impeding yours.

Finding someone in the physical will help you to get over the feelings you're having. Learning to have a good human relationship. You have so much fear in you about loving someone and being rejected. Sorry but I can pick that up straight away. This love is "safe" to you.