Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Axe murderer

I posted this on reddit too but also want to see what you guys might think here.

My mom told me a story from our past yesterday, and I don't remember any of it.

It came up because I was talking about intuition. I had asked her if she knew how her intuition felt.

She said her intuition saved my sisters life, from an axe murderer.

Back when we were kids, my little sister was invited to go over and play at this boys house in a few days (his name was Kelvin, he was in her class), but my mom's stomach just tightened up into knots and she had a bad feeling, so she said no, and came up with some other things for us to do.

And in a few days this boy and all his siblings and his mom were brutally murdered by an axe by their step dad.

As she mentioned this, I was very skeptical, because I don't remember it ever happening. She said there was even media out trying to interview us, there was a huge funeral planned, the school had counsellors around everywhere after that, and the school even planted a tree for the dead kids. But I still have NO recollection of this ever happening. She said, "well the family had only lived in the area for a few months or so, so you probably don't remember them in your class." And I was just like, yeah, but it's still weird that I don't remember this.

It gets weirder.

So she googled it and found some news articles about it, and as she is reading it, I am completely shocked when she mentions that one of the kid's names was David.

Here is the article if you are interested: (nevermind it wont let me post the url here because it says i have to make 15 posts first)

I remember him. I remember David. We were in the same class - the same age. I'm pretty sure it's the same David, because the David I remember was new to the school, hadn't been there for long. I had a crush on him because he was really nice to me and not a lot of boys were back then. But then he just disappeared. I have often wondered about where he went over the years, even in my adult years. Not that long ago, I was thinking to myself, I wonder what his last name was because then I could look him up on facebook and see what he's up to now. I think I always just assumed he moved away or something.

HOW did I not know he was murdered???? How do I not remember this at all? He made a huge impact in my life because he was so nice to me, I have continued to remember him in my adult years. According to my mom this was a HUGE event, the whole school attended the funeral and tree planting for them, and everyone knew, and I was told by my parents and teachers.

I don't know if this is a ME or me just being absolutely crazy. Because it gets even weirder than that, trust me.

When I was a pre-teen, I created this imaginary friend named David. For the longest time I just thought it was because I liked the name David and had a crush on that boy named David. My imaginary friend David looked very similar to what I remember David looking like, except I imagined him in my mind as having grown up the same age as me and sometimes imagined he was my boyfriend lol, you know how kids are. Or maybe I was just a weird kid.

But then one day in particular, I imagined David telling me that some people were gossiping about me about a mile away from where I was, so I went there, and sure enough there were 2 people that I knew sitting and talking and laughing. I went up to them and was just like, "were you guys just talking about me?" They were stunned and said, "yeah, how did you know?" Well, I was just as stunned as they were and said, "I didn't know. David just told me." And they knew that David was my imaginary friend, because I was an odd child and liked to talk about him a lot. But at that moment they were terrified of David and began to think he was actually a ghost, and that started to happen more often, where David would actually tell me things that would happen before they happened and became a really supportive friend to me. There were times I thought David might be real. I eventually grew out of it though and never imagined him again.

Maybe I was really traumatized by the event so I blocked out the memory of it and created an imaginary friend, and those incidences were just coincidences, and even that in itself is creepy for me to accept! I actually think that's creepier than it being a ME.

I am just completely floored by this, because I have NO memory of it ever happening, but I do remember wondering where David had gone. I am so devastated by this.

No, it really creeps me out, because I've been wondering about this guy David for years, and all along he's been dead, and his death was not normal at all, it was absolutely grotesque in every way. I don't like this at all. It is very, very weird.

Another thing I should mention is that I do have ptsd, but I had surgeries, cancer and abuse in my past and I remember all those things, I've never experienced blocking out any memories so why would I have blocked this out? I guess it's possible but it just seems unlikely to me. Who knows but this is all weirding me out.

Another thing that's weird is that although I don't remember his last name anymore, I remember that I knew it back then, and Challand does seem familiar, so even if I was just not paying attention or didn't care about the deaths back then (unlikely), I would have heard them saying his name and I would have cared and remembered that. It makes no sense to me.
Old 24-06-2018, 02:07 AM
Master
My condolences in regards to David, your childhood friend.

That said a few of my thoughts. It is not surprising to me actually that you as an adult do not remember these grisly circumstances that took place while you were a child. As we get older we do forget many many things about our childhood unfortunately.

Do not feel guilt in this situation or try not too. It is natural as we age for us to forget things. Try not to blame yourself, or feel bad that you have forgotten. I even have had a similar childhood experience. I forgot a childhood friend I cared very deeply for in the course of my growing up- it took my mother telling me about him later on for me to truly remember him- all over again. His name was Randy and he was the son of a friend of my father's.

I forgot about his death. He was older than me by a couple years and was around 14 when he passed. He was an older kid and had fallen into some bad habits. He ended up dying of a drug overdose.

Like you though after my mother reminded me of him, I began to remember times we did have as children, and our friendship.

It feels like a loss. Remembering these things now that we are older- like a big chunk of our lives have been forgotten when we remember later things that happened and are every bit as much real from our childhood. Like we somehow forgot very important chunks of our very lives.

It can bring on many feelings for us, including sadness. I understand your shock at remembering a part of your past. It is normal to remember childhood memories later on, at the reminders of others, as well as remembering things, that were deep down, that did not need much prompting to come forth to the forefront of our minds.

Very often these memories coming back to us can at times be a shock.

Take this time slowly, let yourself remember more when you are ready in time, and with gentleness. And please do not blame yourself for having forgotten. It really isn't your fault.

Also I wanted to say that I do not find what you describe as considering David like an imaginary friend, and then one day having an experience where your imaginary friend David told you something as it was happening, and where you went to investigate to find it was true, to be strange, weird, creepy, or out of the ordinary, at all.

Truth be told.... and I really hope this does not creep you out further ( ) these things are real.

What we think are our imaginary friends when we are younger can actually be our spirit guides, guidances, and teachers. Your imaginary friend David, could have literally been David. He just happened to stick around with you in your mind's eye to serve as a guidance to help and serve you. Or it could have been your spirit guide whom took the features you gave him- in this case your friend David, and used an image you would trust to open you to the presence of him your guide.

I've had a guide come to me with information of my passed great uncle whom I always considered my great uncle as he had accurate information in regards to my uncle's death. My great uncle died close around the start of the 1930s in a place for treatment of tuberculosis, from an air bubble in a shot the nurse had given him. He had tuberculosis, but did not perish from it. He died of something that with a bit more care could have very well have been prevented.

This imaginary spirit- has come time to time again to me during my meditations as a spirit guide.

I wanted to post to let you know, it is understandable for you to have forgotten an experience from your childhood, even one as memorable as your experience. I have had something similar with my old friend Randy. If it were not for my mother reminding me of him, I may never have remembered him.

Try not to feel bad. It isn't your fault.

Blessings.
Old 24-06-2018, 02:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
My condolences in regards to David, your childhood friend.

That said a few of my thoughts. It is not surprising to me actually that you as an adult do not remember these grisly circumstances that took place while you were a child. As we get older we do forget many many things about our childhood unfortunately....
Thank you, this really made me feel a lot better and I'm sorry to hear about Randy too. It still weirds me out that I just didn't remember and I still can't remember it.

I guess I do believe in spirits, it's just for so long I thought he was imaginary.

Something else that is really weird is I had some past life regression done recently, and long story short I remembered a life where I was murdered. I don't know if I believe it even actually happened, but my mind and body are certainly acting like it did, like I'm having flashbacks about it, sometimes when people go to touch me I fear it's going to happen again.

This past life regression happened recently, before mom told me about what happened to David, and it just seems really synchronistic, like it means something. It's just too much grotesqueness to deal with at once.
But i wonder maybe I was so connected to him because we both experiened similar trauma? I don't know what to think about it and i haven't given myself any time to even digest what happened to David since it's been really bothering me.
And on top of it I haven't yet dealt with my trauma of what happened to me in that life. It's the reason I've been having terrible intimacy issues with my boyfriend because in that life i was raped and killed at the same time, which is probably too much information, but I am definitly traumatized, and maybe what happened to me in that past life is why I blocked out what happened to David. It's just it still feels super weird that i don't remember it.

Regardless, everything you wrote really does help and I appreciate it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-06-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 24-06-2018, 02:48 AM
Experiencer

It actually would not surprise me if you repressed the memory all together. You were very young and that was a very traumatic event. Having dealt with repressed memories I can honestly say you will have zero memory of the event unless your higherself wants you to remember it. Then it will come back as a flood and all the trauma will be there right along with it.

I would also like to say that David may have been visibly imaginary, however I dont think he was totally imaginary. You could more than likely tap into that again as well.

ME doesnt actually exist is it just a glitch in our collective memory.
Old 24-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
It actually would not surprise me if you repressed the memory all together. You were very young and that was a very traumatic event. Having dealt with repressed memories I can honestly say you will have zero memory of the event unless your higherself wants you to remember it. ...

Yeah I know I have heard of repressed memories before, but I have PTSD for sure because I experienced a lot of trauma in my life before what happened to David because I had a rough childhood, and then I've experienced a lot more after that and not once have I ever had "repressed memories" so maybe it's just weird to me because of that, but it feels to me like it just didn't happen and theres a huge part of me that is still skeptical it happened, even though there are dozens of news articles about it. i asked my sister and she doesn't remember either but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I guess I could try hypnotherapy on myself to know for sure... I just dont know if im ready to do that quite yet.

In regards to the Mandela effect, i too was skeptical of it until I witnessed something flip flop. It is in no doubt in my mind, very real and not false memories at all. I don't think thats necessarily whats going on with my memory, I just thought it could be a possibility. But that seems unlikely considering I did realize that David had dissapeared, i just didn't quite connect the dots!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-06-2021 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 24-06-2018, 03:22 AM
Experiencer

I suffered almost 20 years of abuse and I have complex PTSD. I repressed being sexually assaulted. Apparently that was worse than almost being killed. SMH our brain does funny things for odd reasons.
Old 24-06-2018, 03:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
I suffered almost 20 years of abuse and I have complex PTSD. I repressed being sexually assaulted. Apparently that was worse than almost being killed. SMH our brain does funny things for odd reasons.

That is quite bizarre but I am sorry to hear about the abuse.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Master

It was a traumatic experience for you. The human brain will protect you and forget bad events because you cannot cope with it.

I had it happen to me. It's called selective amnesia.
Old 23-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualLobster

In regards to the Mandela effect, i too was skeptical of it until I witnessed something flip flop. It is in no doubt in my mind, very real and not false memories at all. I don't think thats necessarily whats going on with my memory, I just thought it could be a possibility. But that seems unlikely considering I did realize that David had dissapeared, i just didn't quite connect the dots!

Likewise, I witnessed a few flip-flops and it looks like another one recently. These convinced me that this reality is not the one I grew up in.