Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Experiencer

What I just don't understand about this adventure/movie we call life

If we were to treat life like a movie for a moment, then things need to suit the atmosphere of that movie. For example, if you had suicidal, miserable people in some kid's show such as Spongebob, that would ruin the whole show because that does not belong in that show. Since Spongebob is about happy adventures and whatnot suitable for kids, then the absolute worst form of misery in the show would have to be something that's not a suicidal person going through the worst times of his life.

Rather, it would have to be something that would suit the atmosphere of that show such as someone feeling bummed out since he did not get to go to his favorite movies. Therefore, the worst forms of misery would have to be reduced to something trivial in order to suit the atmosphere of that show. This whole concept would apply to other movies and shows such as Harry Potter. Harry Potter is also about the mystical adventures and whatnot. Thus, the worst forms of misery in that movie would also have to be keeping within the atmosphere of that movie.

Again, having suicidal, miserable people in that movie would just ruin the whole adventure and whatnot. Sure, there is misery and suffering in these types of shows and movies in order for the characters to grow and develop. But, again, that misery has to suit the atmosphere. Now, since this life is also a beautiful adventure which consists of mystical elements such as spirit guides, psychics, other realms, etc., then I would, in a way, liken this life to a movie such as Harry Potter. But, the thing is, I have been through the absolute worst forms of misery and hopelessness in my life.

These were experiences so horrible and serious that they cannot fit within any movie or show. Such experiences would ruin any movie or show no matter how dark these shows and movies are. Movies and shows were meant to be keeping within a certain atmosphere and, if the misery gets to a certain point, it would ruin the whole atmosphere. Therefore, since this life is a beautiful, mystical adventure, then I do not understand why there are such horrible forms of suffering and misery. It's like a movie producer putting suicidal, miserable people in Harry Potter which just doesn't belong and ruins the whole movie.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Badcopyinc

Some of the most beautiful souls I have met have gone through things I can’t even imagine.

I can’t tell you how many holocaust survivors I was blessed to speak to and interact with. All them offering the most amount of love I’ve ever been in the presence of. Smiles for days.

This post reminds me of the lotus flower. It’s a flower that is revered by many for its beauty. But to learn that it starts life in a dark muddy, murky pool helped me to see that nature doesn’t view anything as out of place or bad. It grows from it.

Imagine if that mud didn’t exist.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Master

Hi MattMVS7,

You seem to have left out the part of your metaphor where everyone has the opportunity to be their own producer, director, actor - but also ticket buying audience. Life is an evolution of consciousness. When people become conscious of the spiritual possibilities of life - and to get to that point is a real slog - they then start to deliberately consciously produce, direct, and buy tickets for more inspiring comprehensively satisfying features.

Please note the key word 'evolution' and observe what people do unconsciously that perpetuates their own ignorance and therefore further promotes their own (and other's) suffering. This is what's happening, until it doesn't.

~ J
Old 03-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Master

I'm reminded of the woman sitting in a chair working on an embroidery with her child on the floor next to her playing with toys. The child suddenly looks up and sees the underside of the embroidery piece and can't make sense of it. When the child inquires, the mother takes the child in her arms and sets him on her lap. And there in front of him is the most tranquil beautiful scene he has ever witnessed.

A modern day parable.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
... since this life is a beautiful, mystical adventure, then I do not understand why there are such horrible forms of suffering and misery. ...
Since you create your own reality, it means that although you consciously would like to see that "life is a beautiful, mystical adventure", your actual belief is that life includes "horrible forms of suffering and misery".

You have to firstly change your thoughts and beliefs, than your reality will change.

If you really looked at life as you'd watch a movie, then you'd have a less emotional perspective. Your feelings go through to your subconscious.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Master
From an Eastern perspective, we are living currently in a world we have created through our past intent "the law of karma". and what we do now creates our future (also karma). We ALL have done bad things in previous lives and also good things, so if you have had some nasty stuff in this life, then the way to look at it is that it has passed, let it go, and put all your endeavours into creating positive karma now, to ensure your future.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
If we were to treat life like a movie for a moment, then things need to suit the atmosphere of that movie. For example, if you had suicidal, miserable people in some kid's show such as Spongebob, that would ruin the whole show because that does not belong in that show. Since Spongebob is about happy adventures and whatnot suitable for kids, then the absolute worst form of misery in the show would have to be something that's not a suicidal person going through the worst times of his life.

Rather, it would have to be something that would suit the atmosphere of that show such as someone feeling bummed out since he did not get to go to his favorite movies. Therefore, the worst forms of misery would have to be reduced to something trivial in order to suit the atmosphere of that show. This whole concept would apply to other movies and shows such as Harry Potter. Harry Potter is also about the mystical adventures and whatnot. Thus, the worst forms of misery in that movie would also have to be keeping within the atmosphere of that movie.

Again, having suicidal, miserable people in that movie would just ruin the whole adventure and whatnot. Sure, there is misery and suffering in these types of shows and movies in order for the characters to grow and develop. But, again, that misery has to suit the atmosphere. Now, since this life is also a beautiful adventure which consists of mystical elements such as spirit guides, psychics, other realms, etc., then I would, in a way, liken this life to a movie such as Harry Potter. But, the thing is, I have been through the absolute worst forms of misery and hopelessness in my life.

These were experiences so horrible and serious that they cannot fit within any movie or show. Such experiences would ruin any movie or show no matter how dark these shows and movies are. Movies and shows were meant to be keeping within a certain atmosphere and, if the misery gets to a certain point, it would ruin the whole atmosphere. Therefore, since this life is a beautiful, mystical adventure, then I do not understand why there are such horrible forms of suffering and misery. It's like a movie producer putting suicidal, miserable people in Harry Potter which just doesn't belong and ruins the whole movie.

I thought about that some earlier tonight before reading your post. Wondering what purpose or service it would ...um...serve to experience pain, loss, depression, anxiety , all that , all of which I have , at one point or the other; not in extreme extremes, but enough, and enough currently, to make me go "jeez, ***, Spirit ?" .

So I thought about models (ideas) where people propose a purpose and meaning to life, and one I've liked is about not being here to get self evolution as a prime directive, because I can see how the evolution of self awareness is a given; like it's something on autopilot , that works even when it looks like it isn't. So, what else is there? Well, maybe it's something else that's on autopilot -and maybe or maybe not involves us coming here with a plan from some higher-dimensional; soul aspect or whatever- and that is about the whole "program" (movie?) being a self-organizing, self-evolving, and self-supporting ... structure (?) ...operation .

It occurred to me that , if I detach from my own suffering , and not be in the place of being a victim about it , to just sort of "be" while this funky state of
things looking and feeling like a steaming pile does whatever it does , and hopefully looks better after a while , if I pull back, what else is there that might be going on ?

What occurred to me was how what I am doing , by way of morphic (morphogenetic) resonance fields , might be assisting the overall program
(I don't necessarily like the notion of the universe being like a computer program , but maybe computer programs are sort of like how parts of the universe operates) or movie in it's perception of itself . Specifically, what each of us experiences affects the rest of us, and as certain things are worked through by some , those same things become easier for others to work through. I figured that since I'm pretty positive, pretty stubborn, and
somewhat resilient , and fairly aware of what I'm doing , and of the possibility that what I describe might be happening, it probably is happening .

So, my pain serves others , in a direct or indirect way , and when I disassociate from the victim perspective , it makes it a lot easier to weather
the occasional bad ...um...weather .

Or something like that

Then there's the model of being here to have the human experience to add to whatever bigger-picture movie there is on higher levels (where surely someone, or some aspect of myself is laughing their caboose off at my
silly attempts at verbal communication and reportage )
Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 AM
boshy b. good

conditions express themselves out. what is
and be a condition that heart can conquer.
"nothing new but above given's the real
new be times we are and be living in."