Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 09-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Master

Juanita and Mac - I've just been reading through this very interesting conversation and just wanted to say how much I agree with what you have both been saying.

I'm a professional Tarot reader and work in a Metaphysical store in a small town and so many times people have come for readings and have asked when we are going to give them messages from loved ones on 'the other side'. They have no clue of the differences between Tarot readings, psychic readings and messages from a medium.

Thankfully, the owner of the store is not only interested in mediumship but has a talent for it and is honing her skills in that area so we are now able to keep our clients happy, lol.

Jenny Crow
Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well in fact no belief system is it, you are already all that IS, no matter what you believe doesn't change anything, in fact belief systems only get in the way.

Unfortunately, psycho, I don't think that's possible. Beliefs are thoughts you think a lot. Being human, it seems impossible not to think (despite what some want to believe and excepting meditation--if you can do it). SO--everyone will have things they think a lot.

Yours have to do with not having beliefs! I don't know why this is or what we're to do about it, but I suspect it's an unwinable war. We all go around with beliefs. Sometimes we allow new thoughts and the beliefs change. One belief is not better than another--they are all based on someone's experiences and their thoughts about them, so they are valid. They are just all different.

What's a human to do?

Lora
Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Unfortunately, psycho, I don't think that's possible. Beliefs are thoughts you think a lot. Being human, it seems impossible not to think (despite what some want to believe and excepting meditation--if you can do it). SO--everyone will have things they think a lot.

Yours have to do with not having beliefs! I don't know why this is or what we're to do about it, but I suspect it's an unwinable war. We all go around with beliefs. Sometimes we allow new thoughts and the beliefs change. One belief is not better than another--they are all based on someone's experiences and their thoughts about them, so they are valid. They are just all different.

What's a human to do?

Lora
Yes, its not possible with the mind, but you have to go beyond the mind, and yes we are human but we are also more than human, this is where I dwell, well most of the time lol.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, its not possible with the mind, but you have to go beyond the mind, and yes we are human but we are also more than human, this is where I dwell, well most of the time lol.

Good on ya. The rest of us are working on it! Have mercy.

Lora
Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
In my birth country, Indonesia, they believe that to exploit psychic gifts is to lose them. The truly great psychics never ask money or when they do it is only sufficient to live on.

I totally agree with that...Once they become famous, many of them raise their prices so high that only the rich can afford them, but thank goodness there are still some good ones out there that are affordable for the average person..
Old 10-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Juanita and Mac - I've just been reading through this very interesting conversation and just wanted to say how much I agree with what you have both been saying.

I'm a professional Tarot reader and work in a Metaphysical store in a small town and so many times people have come for readings and have asked when we are going to give them messages from loved ones on 'the other side'. They have no clue of the differences between Tarot readings, psychic readings and messages from a medium.

Thankfully, the owner of the store is not only interested in mediumship but has a talent for it and is honing her skills in that area so we are now able to keep our clients happy, lol.

Jenny Crow

You are so right--so many people just don't have a clue... I wish you all good luck with your store..
Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:

OK Robert, tell me about this place where you dwell most of the time... Do you mean being in the Now, or something else.... on a light note--never try to watch a silent movie and post at the same time...
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Good on ya. The rest of us are working on it! Have mercy.

Lora
Yes I do have mercy, take as long as you want, your already there anyway lol.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
OK Robert, tell me about this place where you dwell most of the time... Do you mean being in the Now, or something else.... on a light note--never try to watch a silent movie and post at the same time...
The Now is here, where you are right Now, but your mind takes you to all sorts of places, but still you are here, NOW.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
The Now is here, where you are right Now, but your mind takes you to all sorts of places, but still you are here, NOW.

Ôkayyyyy--I know that already....Was that the answer to my question?