Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Brandon

im not sure anymore

Hello my name is Brandon. i am 27 years old.
I have never posted anything online or really talked to anyone about this.
Im not even sure wher to start so ill just start my rant.
My whole life i have been raised christian and tryed to be the best person i can be. i went to church, i worked hard at my job, i trained at a gym 6 days a week, i recycle and waste nothing.
I was in really great shape was happy and loved life... untill last year.
I was at work and had 4 large seizures i was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and i woke up 2 hours later with 2 doctors standing over me. they said that i was really close to death i wasnt breathing and i had hit my head really hard on a parking block.
So now hear i am i have no modivation to do anything at all. i think about death constantly. i just feel like i was suppoesed to die. i know it sounds like i am depressed but im really not i am actually looking forward to day i do finally die. ummm... im not really sure what else to write i just wanted to get these feelings off my chest. thx for reading.
Old 21-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Master
Hi,

The "what is my purpose for being" question gets asked a lot. I noticed it was asked in a sci-fi movie by the so called monster sent to destroy the human race.

All I can say is that every day you are alive you elevate "all that is" in particular ways. You reside in human form with no memory of who you truly are. From that perspective you are required to make choices about how to live.

Even when you have "no motivation" you continue to exist and influence energies. Life is about choice. How we choose to think, act, and relate to everything.

Now 27 is a very young age. I myself am 68. Thats over 40 years older. I work out every day for 20 minutes on an exercise bike. A modest training program for sure. The heart is a physical organ for pumping blood. It is also an energy center for our overall well being. I have another chakra exercise I do for 20 minutes each day. It is heart centered with a focus on overall well being.

I am not waiting to die like many of us. I strive to get the most out of each and every day. For me, life is an adventure that is rich and enjoyable.

We all have a choice about our perceptions and perspectives. It could be that it was time for you to look at yours.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Master

Brandon, I am fascinated. You was given a vital message and I think you got it exactly wrong.

Look at you. You are still in good health, right? Brain still functioning and everything. And yes, you should have been dead. Or worse. People who hit something very hard with their head get brain matter shot at high speed against the cranium, which in itself crumbles like toast toward the meeting object. If they are really unlucky the head bounces back so fast that the neck snaps and the person lives a long terrible life in a wheelchair, useless from the neck and down.

But you didn't die, Brandon. You are not even seriously damaged. WHY?

I will tell you why. You was going to die that day, but you was NOT supposed to. You was supposed to LIVE. So something, someone, maybe a whole host of angels , maybe the God you pray to himself, were there an instant later and did everything they could to get your clock ticking again. Can you IMAGINE how important you must be to be dragged back to life, when thousands of others die in accidents every day. Hah, if that happened to me I'd be pushing daisies by now.

So would you kindly get it right? You Brandon are not supposed to be dead no. What happened was an accident and a massive effort was done by someone to get you back. Now get on you FEET soldier, you are obviously desperately needed somewhere for something. And you will never find out where unless you start looking.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:02 PM
toddld40

???

As I read what you wrote, the first thought that comes to mind is: what is he thinking?? I mean that from the perspective that there is a theory that the design of your mind is sort of as follows: When you have a thought like "I don't feel like doing anything today..." your mind will actually conjure up ideas that line up with that one. The new thoughts that keep popping up are simply there to support the first one. Before you know it, your mind has given you every reason to convince you that you really have NO DESIRE to do anything today!

I have observed this phenomenon in myself, often. It is not difficult at all, when you make a choice of thought, to suddenly be immersed in that line of thinking, whether positive or negative. The more you think about death, more thoughts of death will bombard you. Your mind, a tool for you to use, is simply trying to help do what it was designed to do: prove you right, all the time!!
If you want to get out of that funk, consider "making" you mind think thoughts that are more along the lines of what you want. You might sit down and write a list of what YOU WANT. What you WANT to do, where you WANT to go....etc. Then think about all those things you wrote, as often as you can. You might slip back into the previous pattern but you can create a new pattern of thinking quickly, if you desire.
I also believe our body is an amazing biological machine, capable of creating this "diagnosis" you have been given. I know I will NEVER let anyone put a label of a dis-ease or sickness on me!!! I would never give anyone that kind of power over me. I believe if you think you have epilepsy, your mind will not only convince you you are right, it will prove it!!
Hopefully you will see the value of this experience. You will make the choices of thought that either keep you where you are or move you to your next phase of development in this awesome experience. Either way, it is all perfect!!
I'm confident in your abilities to rise to the occasion of this challenge!
Old 22-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Brandon

wow thank you for the fast replys. I found all 3 posts to be really inspiring.
I need to change my mind set. all the depressing documentaries i watched while recovering started to get to me. Thanks again^^
Old 22-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Master
Hi Brandon.
As a mom of a son that passed away suddenly at nearly age 23 on 2-14-10, I just want to tell you how elated I am that you survived that sudden medical situation and am now finding your way back to yourself.

I'm glad you realize now that exposing yourself to depressing shows has had a measurable impact and now know you need to shake it off. Time to be happy and celebrate life ~ not wild parties of course, just feel the joy and shine.

Old 22-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Master
Brandon sorry to hear that happened to you seizures make you feel lethargic after if you had 6 you wouldn't feel too good. Having one is like running a marathon physically, a great deal of energy is used.

I have epilepsy too and am also a Christian. Seizures are horrible things to experience.

From our very first media memories we get sold a bit of an untruth and that life always has happy endings and problems don't happen to people. Life isn't really like that

For most of us its sometimes ****** and for others its usually ****** most of the time.

One important thing suffering does is it builds character and perseverance. Perseverance is an important life tool and is perfected best during hardship.

Another thing hardship, sadness and pain do is they increase your ability to empathise with people at low times in their life. We all get them as it is part of our mortality.

On to the Christian God relationship aspect, sometimes when things like that happen you begin to pray and really tune into god for answers and relief. I have heard it said when you are broken and pride is gone God can really shape you and use you and it is the beginning of good things.

Also if your thinking about death that's a sure sign of depression or not enough sleep. It's a good Idea to talk to a mental health person like a councillor or psychologist to help you through.

If your arm breaks a bone it fixes itself up with the help of a cast. Your thoughts don't fix themselves the same way you need to talk to someone to fix imbalanced thoughts.

Life is not about the amount of breaths you take, it is about the moments that take your breath away.

First they wear skirts and then they wear nappies!

Hope yo cheer up soon.
Old 28-02-2012, 09:08 AM
amandria

Hello Brandon, Im new here, its so lovely to meet you guys, Your posts inspire me, and whitewarrior, I had my heart melted reading your beautiful reply, I can totally understand how you feel Brandon, I have battled so much which feelings of fear of dying, and sick of fighting this battle of fear, I have also been a very fit and active person, Im 45, a mother of 9 kids, ive always tried my best to be a good christian person, and put up with so many hurts which i know i havnt deserved, 3 years ago i became very poorly, i think i have ME, i have days of feeling so lathalgic that i could cry hetting out of bed in the morning, i am a very possitive person, a happy person, and then i had another set back were one evening i went to the bathroom, locked the door, and before i came out of the bathroom, i was looking in the mirrow feeling really awful, and i asked myself, what is wrong with me, and the next i know, i had passed out, when i was out of it, i saw 3 older ladies sat at a table talking about me, they were in the middle of my bathroom haha, and they were having a discussion about me, and when i came around, paramedics and my boyfriend were stood around me, and my blood presure was so seriously low, and i just aint a clue why that happend that day, i had bloods checked and everything was ok, nothing at all wrong with me, but this left me with the fear that i could just die anytime, one day here and another we are gone, but... ive noticed that MANY are having these experiances, do you think its a walke up call ? we are shown what it is like to die, because we need to learn and apricate taht life on earth is only tempory, so we must make each moment count, these are my thoughts anyhows, but i think we have been giving glimpses into the spirit world, and many are psychologically wanting to just give up this big battle on earth, and just go back, we are all yearning for peace, and im affraid the only way we will get it, is after this earth life is over.. but, we are here for a reason, we have to live, there is work for us to do.. our bodies are made to be on the move, and when we slow down, negative thoughts set in, we must keep going, we must try fill each day up, trying to bring creativity into our lifes each day to.. and having things to look forward to, having im lucky to have the beach on my doorstep, im naughty for taking it for granted at the moment though, because its winter and so cold, my gas fire and central heating are my best frinds at teh moment haha, im feeling a bit out of sorts at the moment, ive to much time on my hands, i do volluntry work twice aweek, because i am unable to work at the moment, because im a carer for my youngest son with special needs, sometimes spirit knock us down because they know we will be a lot stronger when we get back up, when things are going so smoothly and peaceful, they yell at us and wake us up hahah and this can happen in many forms, they certainly keep us on our toes, i read a book about an woman who had ME and was bedbound for 18 months, and one day she saw a lady in her room, who give her intructions of how to get better, and a special diet, and taught her about the crystals, and taught her to become a medium, her story was amazing, and within a few months this lady was sitting up in bed and reading all sorts of self help books and spiritual books etc, sucha very inspiring story, but it taught me, that every thing we go through, is by choice, i really do feel that we choose to be ill because apart of us gives up.. we have to parts of our self fighting constantly with each other, one wanting to go one and be happy, and the other just cant be bothered with it all, but teh big question is, which part are you gonna let win ? x
Old 28-02-2012, 09:25 AM
amandria

After reading back my last post, I was shocked at the way I set it all out, and my grammer is terrible, I so hope that you were able to read it ok

Like many, Im fighting on here.. just like many, Im at war with myself, and trying so hard to kick my backside into action, and to start living

I forgot to mention, that the night I passed out in the bathroom, the door was open when I was found, Its still a mystery of who opened that locked door

I am a writer, and would like to share something with you..

Feeling Broken

Sometimes we need to reach rock bottom in order to get back up

feeling broken will result in building ourselfs back up again

In building ourself up we find more strengh inside of us, and we start to question our inner self, and find out who we really are
Old 28-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Brandon, I am fascinated. You was given a vital message and I think you got it exactly wrong.

Look at you. You are still in good health, right? Brain still functioning and everything. And yes, you should have been dead. Or worse. People who hit something very hard with their head get brain matter shot at high speed against the cranium, which in itself crumbles like toast toward the meeting object. If they are really unlucky the head bounces back so fast that the neck snaps and the person lives a long terrible life in a wheelchair, useless from the neck and down.

But you didn't die, Brandon. You are not even seriously damaged. WHY?

I will tell you why. You was going to die that day, but you was NOT supposed to. You was supposed to LIVE. So something, someone, maybe a whole host of angels , maybe the God you pray to himself, were there an instant later and did everything they could to get your clock ticking again. Can you IMAGINE how important you must be to be dragged back to life, when thousands of others die in accidents every day. Hah, if that happened to me I'd be pushing daisies by now.

So would you kindly get it right? You Brandon are not supposed to be dead no. What happened was an accident and a massive effort was done by someone to get you back. Now get on you FEET soldier, you are obviously desperately needed somewhere for something. And you will never find out where unless you start looking.

Perfect! Whitewarrior is right Brandon, take those words and get to it.