Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Durant

Chromotherapy

Introduction to Chromotherapy

COLOR HEALING

Light is radiant energy traveling in the form of waves.
The rate of vibration can be measured in units known as angstrom units (a's), measuring one ten-millionth of a millimeter.
For example: The color violet has a wavelength varying from 4000 to 4500 a's; indigo from 4500 to 4700; blue 4700 to 5100; green 5100 to 5600; yellow 5600 to 5900; orange 5900 to 6200 and red 6200 to 6700 a's.
Your body selects from the sunlight whatever colors needed for balance, the vibrations being absorbed into you. The principle of healing with color (Chromopathy or Chromotherapy; Chromopathy from the Greek: Kroma-color; Pathos-suffering) is to give the ailing body an extra dose of any color(s) lacking.
One of the joys of Chromopathy is its praticability. It is something anyone can do with no danger, being the use of a natural element.
The application can be done in a variety of ways.
Basically, the red end of the spectrum stimulates while the blue end calms.
Here is a look at the specific colors of the spectrum one by one to see what their properties are.

RED: A warming, invigorating color, excellent for the treatment of blood diseases. Anaemic people need the color red, as do those with liver infections.
The color red also stimulates sexual drive.
ORANGE: Not quite as harsh as red, yet contians many of its properties. It is especially good for the respiratory system; for those who suffer from asthma and bronchitis; also a tonic and a laxative.
YELLOW: Excellent for the bowels and intestines. It is a mild sedative; helps remove fears of all kinds and gives a mental uplift. It is also good for indigestion and heartburn, for constipation and piles; also good for menstrual problems.
GREEN: This is a great healer. It is neutral for other colors and can be a general tonic or revitalizer. When in doubt; use green. Excellent for heart troubles; neuralgic headache; ulcers; colds in the head and boils.
BLUE: An antiseptic and cooling agent. Excellent for use on all inflammations including those of internal organs. Good on cuts, scrathces and burns; also good for rheumatism.
INDIGO: A slight narcotic. Will remove the fears of mind and reassure those afraid of the dark. Good for emotional disorders; hearing; especially good for the eyes, even for cataracts.
VIOLET: Good for mental disorders; for the nervous system; for balding and general female complaints.

DIRECTING THE COLOR

It is the COLOR that is important, so anything that will produce colored light will serve your needs.
This can be colored glass, plastic, or even cellophane.
You don't even have to wait for sunshine. Any light will do, including artificial light. If you have a window that gets a lot of sunshine then certainly make use of it.
Tape a sheet of colored glass, plastic, cellophane or even tissue paper over the window and have the patient sit in front of it so that the colored light falls directly on him/her. Make sure the colored light falls on the troubled area (example: for an upset stomach, direct yellow light on the stomach area).
Consentrate the light on the area for at least 30 minutes each day. Two periods of 30 minutes (a.m. & p.m.) would be better. You will notice a definate improvement almost at the start. If you haven't a convenient sunny window, then a good substitute is a photographic slide projector. Infact in many ways it is better than the window since you can focus on a particular area.
From photo supply stores you can obtain empty cardboard slide mounts. Into these put small, rectangles of colored plastic, cellophane or acetate, so that you have a set of slides of seven primary colors.

HAPPY HEALING!

Cheers,

Durant
Old 10-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Durant

Graphochromopathy

DISTANT COLOR HEALING

Color can be used to do absent healing.
Utilize a photograph (the basic sympathetic magic principle of "like attracts like"). This is known as Graphochromopathy.
Make sure there is no one other than the patient in the photograph and also make sure that the afflicted part of the person (example:leg, stomach) is visible in the photograph.
Place the photograph under the appropriate colored light and leave it there. A low wattage bulb is best for this; perhaps something like a nightlight bulb.
If you are using a colored sheet of acetate rather than a colored light bulb, you will find it easier to put the colored sheet over the photograph than to try to wrap it around the light bulb (Duh!).The best way is to put the photo in a frame together with the colored acetate and then stand the frame in front of the bulb or the window.
Give it the light treatment for at least 3 hours a day.

Cheers,

Durant
Old 10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Durant

HYDROCHROMOPATHY

You can turn ordinary water into a potent medicine by charging it with colored light.
Fill a clear bottle of water and tape a sheet of colored paper or acetate around it (if you can get a colored bottle of the appropriate color all the better).
Then, stand the bottle of water in the window for at least 6-8 hours. Even if the sun is not shining directly on the bottle it will still charge the water.
Then, drink a wine glass full of the water three times a day.

If you are feeling down or listless, a glass full of red-charged water each morning will pep you up.
Similarly, if you have trouble sleeping at night, a glass full of indigo-charged water will relax you and help you fall asleep.

Cheers,

Durant
Old 10-01-2006, 10:54 PM
sashwah

Thanks for putting that up, very interesting. I personally use crystals in therapy and in meditation. I use different colours to treat different chakras to level out excessive or deficient area's. I believe that all emotional issues, if left un dealt with, will manifest themselves physically. So to treat an ailment you should run through emotional blockages. If say you have a problem telling people your problems then you are deficient in your throat chakra. If for example you emotional issues are at home than you have a base chakra deficiency. In between there you have your heart chakra which becomes excessive because the energy is bouncing between the two blocked chakra's. The symptoms would probably present themselves as depression, or you would suffer from heart burn, indigestion and in turn kidney problems, liver problems. Mainly lymphatic drainage due to a blockage in the root chakra. So depending on the ailment or malaise you should consider choosing the appropriate colour of the chakra or chakra's which are affected.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
sashwah

I should have also added that with most crystals (but not all) you can use in an elixir, the same method. Leaving it in water on the windowsil. If you combined the colour charged water and a crystal elixir you could combine two of the colours using a crystal for the appropriate issue being addressed. You can also use this method for cleansing your environment by putting the water in a spray bottle and spraying it into the air, combine it with essential oils and you have the perfect room odouriser.

:)
Old 10-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Guiding You

Hello Durant,

This is wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to share it. I'm sure others who pass by and read will find it interesting particularly any one who hasn't yet discovered the mystery of colour. I have used colour for all kinds of spiritual work. I find it very theraputic. It's lovely to read articles and posts from people around the world who share similar experiences and understandings about their own healing, and are willing to share their valuable discoveries with others. I enjoyed it.

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
sashwah

Hello guiding you! I've only just joined this site and i must admit i'm hooked. My brain hasn't been this active in months!! I love colour and crystal therapy, it is amazing how quickly you can change how you feel with something as simple as colour!!!

It's the simple things that do it.... :)
Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Guiding You

Thank you Sashwah,

That was a quick reply! I agree, most things are just that. Simple! Your energy is contagious, I feel like someone has just picked me up. You have a wonderful day, speak soon ;)

Guiding You
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 PM
sashwah

Aw, bless you... it is my bed time now though, so you have the wonderful day and i will ave a peaceful nights sleep, chat to you soon i hope xx
Old 11-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Guiding You

Hello Sashwah,

Oops! Well, sleep well then and I am sure we will. It was nice to meet you and thankyou for making me feel welcome here ;)

Guiding You
Closed Thread