Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Master

Hey Dee - hope everything is going well with you. There was a lot going on last week, and I was in a funky mood, up, down, up, down, and trying to stay up was what I was working on apparently. No matter what is going on around me, I am learning (still LOL) to stay in my center and not re-act negatively to what other's around me are feeling. I am learning that I can have compassion for someone when they are going through rough times, but I don't actually have to dive in there with them and try to fix them. When I can stay in my space, I have so much more to give them than when I dive in with them - then we are both floundering around.

I'm beginning to think that, just when I am in a really good place, the Universe brings me things to take me out of that space - to see how I re-act. Not re-acting is the goal LOL. I think I did OK, a lot better than I have before. I was born empathetic. And it's been a journey to change that to compassion. Empathy is a wonderful thing, don't get me wrong. We all need empathy. But super-empathy is not helpful for anyone LOL, and so I feel like I have made some strides to changing some of my empathetic feelings to feelings of compassion instead. Compassion is loving, and creating a different space for that other person (and myself) than empathy.

I think compassion starts with empathy, but if I stay in empathy and don't switch to compassion, empathy then becomes its own swirling vortex, and I get sucked in, instead of allowing myself not to go down the rabbit hole with them, and staying at the top of the hole and being compassionate is much better for both of us.

Wow, sorry about over-sharing. It was an emotional week, but I feel like I navigated it as well as I could and I didn't go down that rabbit hole.

The reason I'm posting is I had a thought to share an "eating" plan that I found last year that has really helped me (doesn't every one have one to share LOL?). This one is different than anything I had tried before, and it more of a journey than an eating plan, but I lost 30 pounds last year without a lot of hard work. Unfortunately for me, I sort of got lost in the weeds over the holidays, so now I am back to doing this again, and am feeling better. So I had the thought to share.

I don't know what your eating problem is, so it might not be helpful to you. I am in the US, where we are mostly all addicted to carbs. They are everywhere and hard to avoid. But who knew I could substitute fat for carbs and have more fun eating food than I ever have had and still lose weight? I like the energy eating vegetables gives me and my food tastes wonderful now. I can actually taste the difference. It's just a really strange thing for me, to realize I wasn't really tasting my food before. Hard to describe. Anyway, it may or may not be helpful, but thought I'd share. But before I started kicking the sugar addiction, I started here. And this little video was a WOW moment for me. It really doesn't matter what you eat, it is when do you eat it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek
Old 03-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Master
Hello,

When I started reading this thread, it brought me back to my early days of learning to channel. Like you, Dee, I got fragments of words that made no sense at all. They were disconnected from my daily life and thoughts. Because these fragments came from nowhere, I realized these weren't my thoughts as it'd just pop into my head. I did write down the fragments which were short sentences.

At home, I'd take some time before supper to practice listening and receiving words. The words came as sentences. One time I was instructed to write the words down as they came to me. So I did. The sentences became paragraphs and the channeling continued for however long I could handle. In short, I learned to become a scribe. There were long messages but I usually ran out of time to finish the message. When I had time to write more for the same message, I can pick up where I and the being left off.

As for those fragments, I consider them to be prompts to connect with whoever gave them to me. In that manner, I can channel the rest of the message.

The book Opening to Channel is one I haven't heard of before but seems very useful to add to my library.

Well, that's my two bits. Blessings to you on your journey.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 04-02-2018, 04:50 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Hey Dee - hope everything is going well with you. There was a lot going on last week, and I was in a funky mood, up, down, up, down, and trying to stay up was what I was working on apparently. No matter what is going on around me, I am learning (still LOL) to stay in my center and not re-act negatively to what other's around me are feeling. I am learning that I can have compassion for someone when they are going through rough times, but I don't actually have to dive in there with them and try to fix them. When I can stay in my space, I have so much more to give them than when I dive in with them - then we are both floundering around.

I'm beginning to think that, just when I am in a really good place, the Universe brings me things to take me out of that space - to see how I re-act. Not re-acting is the goal LOL. I think I did OK, a lot better than I have before. I was born empathetic.

I bought a book a day or two ago called Empath: 2 in 1 A Comprehensive Guide for Emotional Healing and Energetic Survival for Empaths and Highly Sensitive People.
It's by Marianne Graice. I haven't looked at it yet. I have no idea if it's good or not, but I think it got good reviews.

And it's been a journey to change that to compassion. Empathy is a wonderful thing, don't get me wrong. We all need empathy. But super-empathy is not helpful for anyone LOL, and so I feel like I have made some strides to changing some of my empathetic feelings to feelings of compassion instead. Compassion is loving, and creating a different space for that other person (and myself) than empathy.

I think compassion starts with empathy, but if I stay in empathy and don't switch to compassion, empathy then becomes its own swirling vortex, and I get sucked in, instead of allowing myself not to go down the rabbit hole with them, and staying at the top of the hole and being compassionate is much better for both of us.

Wow, sorry about over-sharing. It was an emotional week, but I feel like I navigated it as well as I could and I didn't go down that rabbit hole.

The reason I'm posting is I had a thought to share an "eating" plan that I found last year that has really helped me (doesn't every one have one to share LOL?). This one is different than anything I had tried before, and it more of a journey than an eating plan, but I lost 30 pounds last year without a lot of hard work. Unfortunately for me, I sort of got lost in the weeds over the holidays, so now I am back to doing this again, and am feeling better. So I had the thought to share.

I don't know what your eating problem is, so it might not be helpful to you. I am in the US, where we are mostly all addicted to carbs. They are everywhere and hard to avoid. But who knew I could substitute fat for carbs and have more fun eating food than I ever have had and still lose weight? I like the energy eating vegetables gives me and my food tastes wonderful now. I can actually taste the difference. It's just a really strange thing for me, to realize I wasn't really tasting my food before. Hard to describe. Anyway, it may or may not be helpful, but thought I'd share. But before I started kicking the sugar addiction, I started here. And this little video was a WOW moment for me. It really doesn't matter what you eat, it is when do you eat it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek

I've been reading Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing...(don't know the rest of the title because it's too long to show the whole thing on my kindle). It's by David Pond. It's a book I bought a few years ago but never read entirely. It suddenly seemed just what I needed. Yesterday I made some great breakthroughs on my eating after reading it, but today I feel that I"m back on square one. I do think I want to read the whole book and check out all my chakras.

I tried the channeling stuff in Opening to Channel but I got scared at the part when I'm supposed to meet my guide. Everything was fine up until then. On Feb. 1 I got the message "He is backing up." I think that is my guide saying he is backing up to give me time to review/study more before meeting me.

This morning I got "He is very sick." Would my guide say that? There was no note of alarm, just a statement. I thought he might be talking about my son, so I spent a lot of time sending loving thoughts to him. I image the pain he caused others really has been hard for him to deal with. I'm sure he had no idea how much his suicide would hurt others. I wouldn't have known either, had I not gone through it. Don't know if it's my son...I've been okay for some time with his suicide. But the prayers can't hurt. And I do love him so, so I love telling him that, "feeling him" that.

I'm also reading Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander.

I wish I could read and absorb faster!

I listened to the youtube video you offered above. Not sure if it's for me or not, but I'll give it some thought. Thank you for thinking of me.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello,

When I started reading this thread, it brought me back to my early days of learning to channel. Like you, Dee, I got fragments of words that made no sense at all. They were disconnected from my daily life and thoughts. Because these fragments came from nowhere, I realized these weren't my thoughts as it'd just pop into my head. I did write down the fragments which were short sentences.

At home, I'd take some time before supper to practice listening and receiving words. The words came as sentences. One time I was instructed to write the words down as they came to me. So I did. The sentences became paragraphs and the channeling continued for however long I could handle. In short, I learned to become a scribe. There were long messages but I usually ran out of time to finish the message. When I had time to write more for the same message, I can pick up where I and the being left off.

As for those fragments, I consider them to be prompts to connect with whoever gave them to me. In that manner, I can channel the rest of the message.

The book Opening to Channel is one I haven't heard of before but seems very useful to add to my library.

Well, that's my two bits. Blessings to you on your journey.

Thank you for posting, Chrysalis. It's good to hear that others have had experiences similar to mine. I do write the messages as I get them (usually) , but I haven't set aside a certain time for the messages. I like that idea. I think I'll do it. Though I mostly get the messages just before going to sleep at night or waking up in the morning, I also get a phrase here and there during the middle of the day. So trying to channel before supper sounds appealing to me.

Opening to Channel is very easy to understand. Some of the others metaphysical books aren't.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:01 AM
Experiencer

Does the way we eat affect effect? (I can't tell those two words apart) channeling? Will I be a better channel if I've been eating nutritiously? if I've avoided caffeine? If I've avoided sugar?
Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Experiencer

I'm also reading Madly Chasing Peace by Dina Proctor. The author is an alcoholic who comes up with a 3 minute 3 times a day meditation practice. I'm not an alcoholic, though I'm betting I would be if I'd ever allowed myself to drink alcohol. I just never let myself go there. But this book came up when I googled something...I forget what now...and I sorta felt I'd been led to read it. Maybe it will help with my sugar addiction?

I'm kinda low energy tonight. I'm going to be with what is. Time for a bath and then bed. Good night everyone.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Master

Empath: 2 in 1 A Comprehensive Guide for Emotional Healing and Energetic Survival for Empaths and Highly Sensitive People.

Wow - this book sums up my life! I came to realize why I was so upset by others emotions in my 40's was because I was to empathetic. Why it took me so long is because I didn't have the word. Over those years I had to develop a thick skin - I got this thick skin with the help of Sylvia Browne. She gave me some tools of protection that I used religiously, every day. I was, at that point in my life, working for a couple who were extremely mean to their employees. And I was so hook winked going in! I think my "super empathy" does not help me "read" people. I do not get a sense, when I meet people who I later discover are mean or flat out thieves, that they are bad people. In fact, just the opposite. I see the good in everyone, right away. It is only through the passage of time that their "other side" is shown to me.

I have always seen the good in people. I believe, wholeheartedly, that everyone is innately good. And I can see that whereever i go.

So it is very confusing to be shown otherwise LOL. When this happens, I tell myself, wow - I really didn't have a clue - I never saw that part of themselves. I feel disappointed in myself, that I didn't pick up on that. Aren't we all supposed to have a sixth sense about a person?

Well, except I did feel that for one person I met. I could tell right away I had to get away from that person. I got away, but I was assaulted before I escaped. I will never forget his eyes.

So, maybe, I have only met 1 person in my life who was what one would call downright evil. I did not get a sense that there was anything else there.

So, my takeaway is that most everyone is innately good, and I can see that part of them right away. We all have our issue and problems, and that is shown to me much later, and really is none of my business. People are all on different paths, no one is perfect, and we are all constantly learning. The fact that some people are mean or are theives does not mean that they are not good people underneath, just that they basically have no empathy for others, or they wouldn't be mean or theives.

Thank you Thank you Thank you - I have only gotten half a chapter in, and it explains why I had panic attacks when I was younger, and for that, it was such a light bulb moment!

I am going to have to share this book with my sisters. We are all empaths, and I knew my little sister was because we had talked about it before, but I never recognized it in my older sisters because we are so different. My brothers are all empaths too. How very strange to realize this so late in life. I knew we all had good hearts, but I never knew this. Wow. It makes so much sense of things I have never understood before.

No matter what actions we take, or what decisions we make, underneath it all most of us are innately good. I love that I know that.

That is the part I connect to, with most people. The Good Place :) And why I am so disturbed by huge swings of negative emotions from others.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Master

Dee - I feel like I have to respond to your posts in little *chunks* otherwise these posts would be way too long

I will look up Chakras for beginners. My daughter explained Chakras to me a long time ago, with visuals and everything. My husband is an energy worker and works with his Chakras. As I've grown on my spiritual journey, I have done some work with my Chakras, and I sort of understand them, and I know innately I am still working on my root chakra (darn it - I feel like I should have graduated from that Chakra by now LOL), but my life is a work in process, and really there is only so much I can process at one time. It has been difficult for me to just work on one subject at a time, I am more ADD than that! I sort of bounce back and forth between subjects, unless I am specifically called to one thing, then I can't let go until I absorb that. And apparently Chakras haven't made that list yet.

The reason for this post is to say thank you - this book sounds like one I need - because I always feel like I am a beginner on this subject, like I have to start from scratch all over again each time. I think I am not called to this yet. I did, however, buy Shirley MacLaine's Chakra video - I have it somewhere, and I was going to do that one, but it wasn't the "right time" and I forgot all about it! So thank you for reminding me :)

On the subject of Shirley McLaine (is it Mac or Mc?) I loved her book, The Camino. I highly recommend it. It came into my life when I needed it and I share it whenever I can. It is one of those * I couldn't put it down * books. It is a wow book, in a lot of ways. Don't want to give away the punchline
Old 04-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Experiencer

I am thrilled that you are finding the book helpful. I thought of you right away when I found it, but I had wanted to read some of it before passing on the title. However, that wasn't necessary! I have really wanted to be helpful to people, and so here is an instance where I was. Yay!

I think Madly Chasing Peace is going to be very helpful. I've been doing some 3 minute meditations and getting "words" when I do it.

What's most exciting about my recent words is that most of them apply directly to the situation now. They aren't disconnected and strange as they used to be.

I got "There's nothing wrong with you," this morning when I was doing a three minute meditation. The sentence was a reminder to see myself as whole, healthy, and awesome as I meditated--to make it happen psychically before it does physically.

And then I got "There is a ladder in front of you." So I got on the ladder and climbed up it. Higher, higher, higher. Raising my vibration, of course.

Hey, not only are the words obviously and immediately relevant, but they're whole sentences! Progress!

I like the book on the neurosurgeon because it gives a somewhat alternate view of the afterlife. I've got some questions that it might not address directly, but that it speaks to all the same.

I think the chakra book and chasing peace book are most helpful to me right now.

I am going to go reread SkyGodWarrior's reading, too, to see if I see something more clearly now in what he wrote.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Experiencer

Oh. I forgot something I wanted to mention in reply to what you'd said about evil. In the neurosurgeon book, the author sees? these dark specks (I don't know if he really does, but that's the image in my mind. I don't know if that's how he reveals the thought or not) that represent evil. There are really very few of them. He is told, while in "heaven" that evil is necessary if we are given free will, and because of the free will thing on earth, there is more evil on earth than in the rest of the universe, but even on earth, there isn't much of it.

Evil is uncommon, but it is so powerful and shocking, in my experience, that it makes me gun shy. It has made me overestimate how much there is. I think my mother has some real good in her, but I think she also has some evil. I say this because she sometimes hurts people for the pleasure of it. I have had no contact with her for years and I have no intention of having contact with her again. But there were many times I resumed contact with her after a few years, and always the same pattern emerged. I hope my mother changes, though I don't see it happening. If it does happen, I won't be there to see it. What's sad is that her sadism increases her suffering. It's so clear to me how she is bringing about her own misery. She, however, blames everything on everyone else.

Now, if that isn't oversharing, I don't know what is.