Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Bunny Crystals for good energy?

I am new to crystals. I am planning on going to a local shop tomorrow and I am really looking for crystals to raise the vibrations, to bring some light and high flowing energy in my home, and to keep out the bad. I did purchase some black tourmaline today as I had heard it was great for keeping out negative energies and raising the positive ones, as well as being good to protect against emfs. Now I am seeing a lot of comments on selenite being a better choice to keep bad energies out instead of the tourmaline because they don't need to be cleansed as much? How often does that black tourmaline need to be cleansed? What is it aside from the cleansing that makes the selenite better than the tourmaline? Also, are there any other stones that would help raise the vibrations in my house? I am looking to create an atmosphere of positivity, encouragement, nourishment, saftey and love. For my children, husband and family. I have been reading that some crystals may just call to you. is this true?
Old 03-06-2017, 06:17 AM
Experiencer
Yes I think crystals can call to you. I have a few that definitely wanted to come home with me. I think you can find a connection even if it's not in person. For example I found a huge 15 LBS clear quartz crysanthmum on ebay and put it in my favorites for later. My wife months later found a really beautiful white quartz crysanthmum about 15 LBS on ebay months later.....

It might not seem to big of a coincidence but if you saw just how many thousands of them are on ebay, you might see that this was very uncanny. We of course purchased the cluster.

Citrine doesn't need to be cleansed either, and it's great for giving out good energy. The Chinese consider it a lucky stone. Rose quartz and amythyst are great to have as well. Sooo many beautiful crystals. Maybe I am not the best person to talk about crystal properties, I collect large crystal clusters mostly for decoration, more or less as pieces of art.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Seeker
It most certainly is true that they call to you! Try picking some that won't stop catching your attention or draw you in. A popular thing people like to do is hover their hand over the crystals and pick the one that seems to attract it like a magnet, it could be a slow pull or almost instantaneous draw. Another trick is to close your eyes and clear your mind while standing in front of them, then open them and pick the first one your eyes focus on. I don't believe one crystal is better than the other, this is simply because every crystal is unique to each person. Some people can feel fully energized and chemistry with a small amethyst or clear quartz. Even the types of crystals and shapes can affect you. (in good ways of course!) I suggest you research a bit on how to lay them out, I once arranged my crystals in a way which accidentally kept me awake all night, once I redid everything, it stopped. I have a black tourmaline that has a very protective vibe, I think it can be quite effective against malicious attacks. I would like to think it needs a cleansing at least once a month. There's lots of ways to clean crystals and I like to use a ton of incense and sage in my room like air freshener at least weekly. I had a selenite too, but we weren't very compatible, it jumped off my lap onto a busy road and broke off a piece and disappeared shortly afterwards. I would like to think it's an extremely powerful crystal still. Sometimes I run them through an open flame. The most powerful method I tried was letting them sit in a glass jar with water during a full moon and leave them there overnight.(Make sure to research which ones to put in water, some will not take well to water or dissolve and be very careful not to mix the wrong ones together, they could have a chemical reaction) They turn so beautiful and shiny! Like Crystal Canuck said, citrine is a wonderful crystal to give you joy! Clear quartz are great because they're super easy to program, just hold it and state your intention of what you'd like it to do and it'll be glad to oblige. Rose Quartz have a very loving motherly energy to it, I'd recommend it especially if you want to protect and heal your children. Amethyst you can find everywhere, it's always a great starter crystal, I personally use mine to help my creative side. I could recommend a ton but who knows if they may help you in the same way as I. I would strongly recommend Tiger's Eye, this is an extremely protective stone, I use it to shield me from lower vibration beings or ones of mal intent. This is a great stone for giving children confidence and embracing their true selves. It's also a grounding stone so it can help settle kids down when they're in hyperactive imagination mode and they need to focus and clear thinking. I also would recommend Pink Opal, this is a great stone to give to those you love, they will help bring great joy, open hearts and teach a person to self love as well. I wish you the best and hope you find some lovely new companions on your journey.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Ascender
Canuck and Crocro have given some excellent suggestions and advice.

Yikes selenite vs black tourmaline... I value both very much. If I had to choose only one to keep in the house it would be selenite, if I had to choose only one to use on myself it would be tourmaline. Cleansing doesn't need to be a big job so don't let it put you off. But we react differently to different crystals so which one of the two is best for you only you can answer
Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Yes I think crystals can call to you. I have a few that definitely wanted to come home with me. I think you can find a connection even if it's not in person. For example I found a huge 15 LBS clear quartz crysanthmum on ebay and put it in my favorites for later. My wife months later found a really beautiful white quartz crysanthmum about 15 LBS on ebay months later.....

It might not seem to big of a coincidence but if you saw just how many thousands of them are on ebay, you might see that this was very uncanny. We of course purchased the cluster.

Citrine doesn't need to be cleansed either, and it's great for giving out good energy. The Chinese consider it a lucky stone. Rose quartz and amythyst are great to have as well. Sooo many beautiful crystals. Maybe I am not the best person to talk about crystal properties, I collect large crystal clusters mostly for decoration, more or less as pieces of art.

Wow, that is absolutely amazing. It really does seem that they can choose you, can't they? What a lovely experience. Thank you so much for sharing :) I was reading about citrine last night, thank you for helping confirm that! I thank you so much for all your suggestions, I very much appreciate them and you taking the time to help me out! I think I have a rose quartz on the way, I do think I am going to have to see about an amythyst! They sound lovely! I am so excited to go pick some out today. I hope you and your family have a beautiful weekend. Thank you again!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocro
It most certainly is true that they call to you! Try picking some that won't stop catching your attention or draw you in. A popular thing people like to do is hover their hand over the crystals and pick the one that seems to attract it like a magnet, it could be a slow pull or almost instantaneous draw. Another trick is to close your eyes and clear your mind while standing in front of them, then open them and pick the first one your eyes focus on. I don't believe one crystal is better than the other, this is simply because every crystal is unique to each person. Some people can feel fully energized and chemistry with a small amethyst or clear quartz. Even the types of crystals and shapes can affect you. (in good ways of course!) I suggest you research a bit on how to lay them out, I once arranged my crystals in a way which accidentally kept me awake all night, once I redid everything, it stopped. I have a black tourmaline that has a very protective vibe, I think it can be quite effective against malicious attacks. I would like to think it needs a cleansing at least once a month. There's lots of ways to clean crystals and I like to use a ton of incense and sage in my room like air freshener at least weekly. I had a selenite too, but we weren't very compatible, it jumped off my lap onto a busy road and broke off a piece and disappeared shortly afterwards. I would like to think it's an extremely powerful crystal still. Sometimes I run them through an open flame. The most powerful method I tried was letting them sit in a glass jar with water during a full moon and leave them there overnight.(Make sure to research which ones to put in water, some will not take well to water or dissolve and be very careful not to mix the wrong ones together, they could have a chemical reaction) They turn so beautiful and shiny! Like Crystal Canuck said, citrine is a wonderful crystal to give you joy! Clear quartz are great because they're super easy to program, just hold it and state your intention of what you'd like it to do and it'll be glad to oblige. Rose Quartz have a very loving motherly energy to it, I'd recommend it especially if you want to protect and heal your children. Amethyst you can find everywhere, it's always a great starter crystal, I personally use mine to help my creative side. I could recommend a ton but who knows if they may help you in the same way as I. I would strongly recommend Tiger's Eye, this is an extremely protective stone, I use it to shield me from lower vibration beings or ones of mal intent. This is a great stone for giving children confidence and embracing their true selves. It's also a grounding stone so it can help settle kids down when they're in hyperactive imagination mode and they need to focus and clear thinking. I also would recommend Pink Opal, this is a great stone to give to those you love, they will help bring great joy, open hearts and teach a person to self love as well. I wish you the best and hope you find some lovely new companions on your journey.

Wow, where do I start? Thank you so much for all this wonderful information. I have only been on this forum one day, and it's already one of my favorite places! Thank you for the suggestions on how to pick these stones, it really helps out especially with more than one way! And the cleansing part, I have been wondering the best way to do that so thank you for throwing that in! I have been doing some research on how to lay them out, although I'm sure I will need to do some more! I was JUST reading about Tigers eye! How funny! It sounds like an amazing stone, I was reading this is something you usually place in the centre of your home? The centre of my home is kind of out in the open so this leaves me wondering if it HAS to be there specifically? It's great to know that they are good for centering and calming children, that is wonderful. Also helping them be their selves, I am a SAHM with no family in the state (they all moved away :( ) so my children are shy at times when meeting people, or even seeing someone they haven't seen in awhile, maybe this will help! I think I have a rose quartz on the way so now I am even more excited for that. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out on my journey! I am getting more and more excited for my day! I hope you and your family have an amazing weekend with more amazing days to follow! Love and Light!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Canuck and Crocro have given some excellent suggestions and advice.

Yikes selenite vs black tourmaline... I value both very much. If I had to choose only one to keep in the house it would be selenite, if I had to choose only one to use on myself it would be tourmaline. Cleansing doesn't need to be a big job so don't let it put you off. But we react differently to different crystals so which one of the two is best for you only you can answer

Yes they did! And for that I am thankful, to you as well! I was a bit nervous about how often to cleanse and you put me a little more at ease. I have heard that crystals have their own personalities and can mesh with us or they may not, so that is great to know. I will be on the lookout. I will check out some selenite today and see how it goes. I thank you so much for taking the time to respond! You have an amazing weekend, week and year!
Love and Light!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Master
Kyanite is also a very strong crystal and you get it in different colors and have different properties so you can pick and choose.

You also don't need to cleanse them.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Experiencer
To be honest... energy comes from motivation.. (well take it with a grain of salt, it's more complex ofc and vice versa)

But if you have enough money that can allow you to manifest everything that needs to be done and you are not limited by a budget, then go for Moldavite. A nice size too. Your mind will start having these thoughts of 'need fix x, need to do y, gotta do z fast, time is passing, must do this and that' ...

This tektite is good, but it can make you 'crazy' if you don't have the proper tools to manifest, and your head is full of wanting to fix this and that and move on.

Anyway, go for Yellow Calcite sphere :) for energy.
don't cleanse it in water or salt, nor leave it for more than few minutes under the sun.