Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2006, 04:10 AM
Enigma

Healing the Anger/suffering Spirit

I believe fully in we are our own worst enemies, we are our own Cure.
For Years I have struggled with Anger. I feel at constant dis-ease.
My Spirit is suffering.
I ask of anyone, to give me some thoughtful advice on how to replenish my Beautiful Spirit. Before U being with the journaling, exercising, I have done the basics ten times over - and I am still at dis-ease. I know it is solely up to ME to overcome this inner battle, but any thoughts from anyone else will be Greatly! appreciated!
Old 27-11-2006, 05:18 AM
dmg73

Enigma - I completely understand where you are coming from as I feel the same way as you have indicated. I know that I have to work through my anger issues and let go of A LOT of stuff, but it has just been very hard for me, especially over the past couple of years. Any suggestions that can be offered would be very much appreciated!!!
Old 27-11-2006, 08:41 PM
cweiters

Thank you both Enigman & dmg73 for allowing me to reiterate this message to myself.

Melting down anger is not easy, when I’m in the grip and euphoria of angry adrenaline.

Most of the time I can melt down my anger with this fact:

Because people, places and things don’t shape or form to my expectation, I suffer with anger. I am actually angry about the world not seeing life as I do, conforming to my beliefs and concepts.

Acceptance and Forgiveness are the two spiritual principals that work for me. Only when I am truly ready to exercise them will I be free from anger.

Or I can just go on…….and on……and on….with:

“If only this world would just do what I say” then I’ll be alright. Their wrong and I'm right, us veses them, how long?

And we all know how long that will take.

Love
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 27-11-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 28-11-2006, 12:31 AM
ljepotica

Hey Enigma,

I understand what you say about anger, I used to be a lot more angrier than I am now.

One thing that you should do is to not think about it, the more we think about something the worse it gets.

As cweiters points out you must accept and forgive.
When you start to forgive-it can be hard but with time you will learn to forgive and your anger will lessen-and you will start to feel much better about yourself.

On the other hand there might still be some angry sides to your personality and I advise you to just accept that this is part of you, it's no use fighting it, instead concentrate on the parts of yourself that you like.

I still get angry at times but now I have calmed down a lot-and I would not wish to part with my anger-I say this because my anger is not from a dark side of my personality but as cweiters says because the world does not understand me and my way of being and life.

Anger is also a good way of releasing stress and negative energies (as long as you don't have bad or dark thoughts to accompany the anger and don't go around delibrately hurting people)

Take one step at a time for the time being accept that you're an angry person and then work on to reduce that anger.

Good luck:)

xxx
Old 28-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Enlightener

Sarah Formosa

Enigma, Cweiters: Anger is something that you have created, in yourself, possibly because you LIKE being angry. And who could blame it is fun, though on the concious level you see it as a not-so-good thing, deep down you LOVE it.
Anger is an emotion, and emotions are highly addictive chemicals.
I'm not a very angry person, but when I do get angry I enjoy it, I enjoy the feeling and it soon passes.
Anger is drama and drama is one of the most juicest things the soul can experience, it is this reason that we do a lot of silly things, it is because we love it, we love the drama, though, again, this is on the soul level, not the mental or physical one.

Enlightener

Last edited by Enlightener : 28-11-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 28-11-2006, 04:21 AM
GoldChord

Hi,

I too have my fair share of anger. It is an intense emotion - it can be useful. Sometimes we are far too complacent. It is good to understand the limits of yourself. However, anger cannot sustain itself - it burns itself and you out. Ultimately, it must become something else. My question to everyone on this thread is: What are you angry about?

My anger serves as a mask for really dealling with complex emotions. I hide my hurt behind anger. I do this because I am angry at myself - for ultimately trivial things. I must learn to forgive myself - to understand that I am divine and therefore cannot be bad - just a student of life. Where is your anger leading you - what is it teaching you?

If you need to be angry - be angry - but know what you are angry at/about? Squashing it down will not help you learn from it.

Love to you all.
Old 28-11-2006, 05:12 PM
cweiters

You are so right Enlightener, anger feels good to me sometimes, in past I enjoyed those highly active chemicals "such a petty pleasure." Recently I realize that if this form enjoyment continues it can create serious internal damage to me. Just as I create the anger, I also create the pain and stress, so for this reason it would behoove me to avoid anger no matter how much enjoyment I get out of it.

On a soul level I have experienced some blockage, bondage, warped vision etc.....as a result to anger. Personally Enlightener Today I want to ascend to my highest level of spiritual consciousness. Anger will keep me lock in the physical as pect of myself as I said feeling as "If things would only go my way," leaving me no chance of me enjoying the even more pleasurable experiences I have spiritually.

For example the bright light I see each time I meditate, the light feeling I get as if I am flying or light as a feather, I also enjoy feeling the feelings of others. Nowing that if I release this anger I will begin to see beyond what I want. The bigger picture is a much brighter manifestation something benificial for all. I hope this is making sence. Thanks Enlightener I appreciate you bringing this out of me.

Love
cw
Old 28-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Enigma, Cweiters: Anger is something that you have created, in yourself, possibly because you LIKE being angry. And who could blame it is fun, though on the concious level you see it as a not-so-good thing, deep down you LOVE it.
Anger is an emotion, and emotions are highly addictive chemicals.
I'm not a very angry person, but when I do get angry I enjoy it, I enjoy the feeling and it soon passes.
Anger is drama and drama is one of the most juicest things the soul can experience, it is this reason that we do a lot of silly things, it is because we love it, we love the drama, though, again, this is on the soul level, not the mental or physical one.

Enlightener
great post enlightener
Old 28-11-2006, 08:39 PM
hangloose_island_girl

Anger is a big one with me too. It's hard to just let it go but it's definitely a disease that will eat away at you if you let it. Acceptance and forgiveness is big step that I'm working on
Old 29-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
great post enlightener

Stop sucking up to me, I mean it's bad enough that you call me 'sweetie' all the time.

Enlightener
Closed Thread