Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 24-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Inthelight

Lights flicker all the time!

In my bathroom the lights flicker seems like every other day. When the lights are on they will flicker and it feels like a ghost. The ghost feels happy I think. I try to talk to the ghost and say make it flicker but it only happens on its own. Its not the wiring or bulbs. Its strange.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Pathfinder

It is possible
Old 24-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthelight
In my bathroom the lights flicker seems like every other day. When the lights are on they will flicker and it feels like a ghost. The ghost feels happy I think. I try to talk to the ghost and say make it flicker but it only happens on its own. Its not the wiring or bulbs. Its strange.

Flickering lights is very common when there's a ghost around. I got the same problem in my house and it's freaking me out!

Since you say it's not the wiring or bulbs, I take it you have had everything checked as first of all, one should exclude electrical faults. However, something important I would like to point out here: get the circuit breakers checked because if they are faulty, lights will also flicker - and faulty circuit breakers can result in a fire! Get the whole circuit box/fuses checked over by a proper electrician.

Once you know that everything is fine, you know you are definitely dealing with a ghost/spirit.

Sometimes they make lights flicker to make us aware of their presence. Sometimes it's to reassure us that they are around and watching over us, sometimes they have a message for us. Or maybe it's just a spook - a restless ghost.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to find out which one it is. Talking to "it" is a thing in itself because it means acknowledging that some presence is there, and who knows how they will react. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to such things.

Does the ghost do other things too or is it just the lights? Have you asked neighbors if they have similar problems? Sometimes a whole area can be affected and that means there is a fault with the electricity supply.

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 24-05-2020, 11:52 AM
Elfin

Yes I agree with above posts. As long as there is nothing wrong with electrics, assume it is a loved one that is visiting and wants you to know they are there. Talk to them , just like they were regular visitors.
Old 24-05-2020, 11:58 AM
ketzer

Quote:

Well it's not me as I am not dead yet..... as far as I can tell. But if I was I think I would be visiting all of your houses and making the lights flicker and maybe pushing a book or two off of the shelf just to freak you all out, and that would make me a happy ghost indeed. Hehe!

P.S. Perhaps I am dead, and this is a ghost post! Do you think I'm dead?
Old 24-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Inthelight

It could be my cat. My cat died in the bathroom a couple years ago. I feel its a happy ghost. That is all it does is flicker the lights a couple times a week.
Old 25-05-2020, 12:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well it's not me as I am not dead yet..... as far as I can tell. But if I was I think I would be visiting all of your houses and making the lights flicker and maybe pushing a book or two off of the shelf just to freak you all out, and that would make me a happy ghost indeed. Hehe!

P.S. Perhaps I am dead, and this is a ghost post! Do you think I'm dead?

Ah, but that's not very nice to want to freak us out, lol... no I don't think you are dead, I think you would have a few difficulties posting something on here if you were a ghost - but, saying that, I have heard of people receiving emails from spirits so maybe there is a way for a ghost to write something online. And I have heard that some people don't realize they are dead, usually after sudden and violent deaths.

Do you feel like you could be a ghost?

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 25-05-2020, 12:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
It could be my cat. My cat died in the bathroom a couple years ago. I feel its a happy ghost. That is all it does is flicker the lights a couple times a week.

So sorry to hear about your cat! I miss my cat too, he's been gone a few years now. Gone to spirit I mean, he is very much still around but he would never scare me by making lights flicker.

Yes maybe it's your cat. Could you ask him if it's him?

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 25-05-2020, 01:18 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequena Estrela
Ah, but that's not very nice to want to freak us out, lol... no I don't think you are dead, I think you would have a few difficulties posting something on here if you were a ghost - but, saying that, I have heard of people receiving emails from spirits so maybe there is a way for a ghost to write something online. And I have heard that some people don't realize they are dead, usually after sudden and violent deaths.

Do you feel like you could be a ghost?
No, I still have to switch the lights on and off manually.
Old 25-05-2020, 04:35 AM
asearcher

maybe it is the energy of the cat still part of it lingering on since that is the placed it died? I have recently started watching youtube clips on energy and there is this Indian spiritualist who describes the energy thing when we die the energy will slowly go away but that we leave a mark of energy living or dead, the things get energy/memory, why the clothes the person use to wear (this from India) gets burned, only the few clothes the person had on special occasions can be left to only a relative, is never given away to someone else. they do another ceremony 14 days and after some other time too after a person has departed because of the energy-thing, to send all the memory/energy where it belongs. Why they don't shake hands but say hello with their hands together, energy-space, don't want to mix up their energy with the others. Sorry! This was a long answer! hope it make somewhat sense though...:)

could explain it is energy from the cat considering it does not follow orders... ;)