Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Master
Sleep paralysis is not an attack, but simply an effect of being partly out of and partly aware of the physical body. Fighting against it will only make it more intense and increase the fear people sometimes have with it.

Instead, when you find yourself unable to physically move the best approach is simply to relax and fall sleep. Soon after you will wake up naturally.

Xan

Old 14-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sleep paralysis is not an attack, but simply an effect of being partly out of and partly aware of the physical body. Fighting against it will only make it more intense and increase the fear people sometimes have with it.

Instead, when you find yourself unable to physically move the best approach is simply to relax and fall sleep. Soon after you will wake up naturally.

Xan

When I say an attack of sleep paralysis I mean an event, it's a figure of speech. Not something to be taken literally. People use the term "attack" in dealing with many medical conditions or events and so by saying an attack of SP doesn't mean it necessarily is an attack. The point in my reply was not about whether SP is an attack or an event or anything of that nature. My point is that it is impossible to deduce whether what you hear or see during an SP event is real or is not. The fact that for me SP can mimic the beginning stages of a projection confirms this for me. As well as the fact that during an SP event my physical body is not paralyzed, my subtle body is. So whatever I am seeing/hearing I am not doing so with my physical eyes or my physical ears, but my astral senses. So with that said it's impossible to say whether what I am seeing or hearing is real or a hallucination, because if it is than that means everything everyone sees during their projections is a hallucination. When someone has SP events similar to mine it becomes very easy to call them an attack. But that's a totally different story that unless you have experienced you really have no place in adding your personal opinion. So I will leave it at that.
Old 14-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Master
In sleep paralysis people sometimes feel someone or something is holding them down or attacking them, when it's actually just a temporary sense of inability to move as usual, a side effect of separating from the body and not an attack from an outside force. That's all I meant, AE.

Xa
m

Old 14-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Henri77

Anyone who HAS been assaulted by an entity in this situation knows it's no illusion ,as I have been on occasion.
It can take 30 minutes to clear myself thoroughly before going back to sleep.
SP can be a partial OBE or it can be something quite entirely different.
Based on my and others experiences.
Old 14-10-2012, 09:03 AM
peacegarden

My apologies, I was judging by my experiences alone.
Old 14-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Master

I have seen awful things when I used to get sp or when meditating years ago. I really do not know for sure if it is real or not. I do know that it cannot hurt you. I never let it worry me. I rarely see anything awful now. I have never seen anything awful in the astral. If you can get passed it you will be on your way.
Old 14-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In sleep paralysis people sometimes feel someone or something is holding them down or attacking them, when it's actually just a temporary sense of inability to move as usual, a side effect of separating from the body and not an attack from an outside force. That's all I meant, AE.

Xa
m

I know Xan, we are better off not getting into this argument again. I agree with you that a lot of SP experiences are nothing more than the panic of being paralyzed setting in, which is no doubt a very primal fear in all Humans. But there are attacks that can happen during SP that are different in nature. I have had events of SP where it was nothing more than me being paralyzed and then I have had ones where it is a totally different level of "attack". It's pointless to argue it because you know what you know about your experiences, and I know what I know about mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Anyone who HAS been assaulted by an entity in this situation knows it's no illusion ,as I have been on occasion.
It can take 30 minutes to clear myself thoroughly before going back to sleep.
SP can be a partial OBE or it can be something quite entirely different.
Based on my and others experiences.

Henri I agree 100% with you. This has happened to me countless times and once it happens and it's not just you being scared because your paralyzed you know the difference between a regular event of SP, and then the different ones where something else is behind the attack. Something I have figured out is my physical body is never paralyzed, it seems like some entities have a way of paralyzing your subtle bodies. I have figured this out because before I go to sleep and have an episode of these attacks I am describing there are always indicating signs it is going to happen. One of them is my bed will shake furiously and I will feel hands pushing under my mattress. There are a few other signs that usually indicate if I am going to be attacked that night but I won't get into all of them, it's not necessary. I totally agree with you and know exactly what you mean.
Old 14-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Master
I agree, there are negative entities who attack people both in and out of the body - through physical, mental or emotional modes in my own experience - although it's not really so common.

My concern for people reading our exchange is not to increase fear as that doesn't help anything.

Xan

Old 15-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer

Something I have figured out is my physical body is never paralyzed, it seems like some entities have a way of paralyzing your subtle bodies. I have figured this out because before I go to sleep and have an episode of these attacks I am describing there are always indicating signs it is going to happen. One of them is my bed will shake furiously and I will feel hands pushing under my mattress.

I've also had a similar experience where bedcovers were seemingly whipped by some force...fortunately this was very rare maybe 2x.
Weather it's a physical or astral event doesn't matter as the intent was to frighten me... I could feel the energy hanging to me after awakening and did what was needed to clear-purify myself, the area before returning to bed 30 min later.

If others don't experience these things, they should consider themselves fortunate ....but believing only what science says, is self deceptive, in many cases.

Same as believing nightmares are only a product of our subconscious.
Old 15-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I've also had a similar experience where bedcovers were seemingly whipped by some force...fortunately this was very rare maybe 2x.
Weather it's a physical or astral event doesn't matter as the intent was to frighten me... I could feel the energy hanging to me after awakening and did what was needed to clear-purify myself, the area before returning to bed 30 min later.

If others don't experience these things, they should consider themselves fortunate ....but believing only what science says, is self deceptive, in many cases.

Same as believing nightmares are only a product of our subconscious.

Lately during these attacks I have felt an entity put it's hand in my chest and it seems to be gathering energy out of my heart. I am inside of my subtle body so I don't know how that works exactly but I feel it's hand go into my chest and then I feel the energy where it's hand is begin to spiral and the energy seems to go into it's hand. It's a weird and undescribable feeling unfortunately. It also has been pushing me out of my body for one reason or another. When I was afraid though it was a totally different story, it used to attack me and feed off the fear and use illusions and noises to scare me even more. Now it just annoys or bothers me for the most part and seems to happen once or twice a week. It still talks to be sometimes but always talks in the third person in a really deep scratchy voice. Not going to get into what it says because I think that would scare some people.