Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Master
Taken from the annals of the Cymry Gwyddonniad

"Cunning Folk and Seers also existed in Celtic Culture. These people had constant contact with natural and magickal forces, had gifts of prophecy and healing, and were highly respected in clan communities. These Cunning Folk and Seers often acted as counselors, Crafters of the Cunning Arte, and spiritual healers. The most famous of these is Myrddin, the wizard advisor of King Arthur. Although Cunning Folk were highly respected, some felt bound to Nature and preferred to roam the wilderness in solitude."

There is an awful lot more if anyone is interested.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Medium_Laura

Thanks Norseman. :) Glad you found what I couldn't :)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for all that info Medium Laura. I'm intrigued by him. That would make sense that he give me a crystal ball then. It's also ironic that my last name by marriage is scottish. I will call on him for help.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

"Cunning Folk and Seers also existed in Celtic Culture. These people had constant contact with natural and magickal forces, had gifts of prophecy and healing, and were highly respected in clan communities. These Cunning Folk and Seers often acted as counselors, Crafters of the Cunning Arte, and spiritual healers. The most famous of these is Myrddin, the wizard advisor of King Arthur. Although Cunning Folk were highly respected, some felt bound to Nature and preferred to roam the wilderness in solitude."

Fantastic, thank you! I will definitely look that up and read more.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Master
If you cant find it, pm me. I have it all.

However, there are serious questions about "King Arthur". There is another legend concerning Arturios, Dux Bellorum, who was a Romano-British war band leader [ 5/6 century AD ]. After the Roman legions left, he fought the Picts, the Hibernians, and the Saxons. His legend is, in many ways, more fantastic than King Arthur. One thing, Arturios was pagan and there were no knights in sheet metal - for one thing the Percheron horse had not appeared yet to carry the weight. Camelot is pure Walt Disney.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Master
Read this. Fascinating stuff !

http://www.vortigernstudies.org.uk/a...estsheila2.htm
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Experiencer
Just remembered another encounter..

Thanks for that link Norseman, I find it all very interesting.

I actually just had one of those aha moments tonight. Thinking about Medium Laura's post on Merlin being her Universal Master Guide and also reading another thread where Medium Laura went into detail about how to meet guides, thank you for that by the way, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I remembered my first meditation which I did with a cd on meeting your guide. When I started my journey a friend of mine suggested I keep a journal and write down every experience I have. So digging my journal out and going back to Good Friday 19th April 2003.. this is what I wrote..

"When I knocked and the door opened, I noticed a large figure, a gentle face, old and wise. He had white hair and beard, long beard that ended at a point at his chest, he reminded me of a wizard, without the pointy hat. He seemed happy to see me. We sat in another room, very warm and inviting, the couches were large and white. The name that came to me when I asked was Santa. I think it was the white beard. I don't think that's his real name though. He walked out of the room and came back with my other spirit guides. There were plenty all walking in. It was overwhelming. I felt so happy to be there, a feeling of excitement and anxiousness to meet my guides, especially my master guide."

Medium Laura, does this sound like Merlin to you? Why would he give me a false name if it is? My reaction of disbelief during the other guided meditation could be the reason why I was not given the name then? not sure.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Medium_Laura

Sounds like him to me. :) To me he resembled Dumbledor on Harry Potter!

There is a fine line between giving and you creating. :) He didn't give you Santa, your mind said "he looks like Santa" lol

Names aren't really that important to them. Just to us. So they will hold back until you believe more or are not afraid, etc. Don't get so hooked up on "name, appearance", If you can sense them and you've already established that they are of the Divine light (they will tell you) then you can just go on with working with them. Doing some of the exercises I have with cards and symbols. These help to establish a "working" order with them. The names and stuff can come later. I didn't know my protectors name at all. He does not speak. So... I named him ! :)

He's Gandelf!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
mattie

Yes, More

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

More would be interesting. Is this the http://www.vortigernstudies.org.uk/a...estsheila2.htm link you posted?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Sounds like him to me. :) To me he resembled Dumbledor on Harry Potter!

very cool, thank you