Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Time

Quote:
The problem with this belief is that the human race is no longer in the condition in which God created it. God created the first humans with the ability to live forever. They sinned and as a result death entered the world

Nononono theo, god didnt get angry enough to wipe off the planet untill his "sons" mated with human females. The paragraph after that, god goes all freaky, and decides he was wrong and wipes out everything, cept one guy and his family. So it was HIS children, and inevitably him that caused our down fall in the christian context, NOT nessacarily us, especialy when you reaslize in the context of the bible, god made us, which means he decides as well, which negates any "perfect" or "omni anything" we think god has
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
mahakali

you dont need to lable yourself, all religons are following traditions created by man. in your heart you know the truth. maybe buddhism is good but there are sects that are not so open but again this is traditions, never said by buddha himself
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
thank u all, i've never felt so much spiritual love, maybe it's time to actualy read my Bible :)

Dear Lady Scarletmoon -

WHAT?

You started this thread looking for help in finding a religion that would not discriminate against you for being gay...and now, "it's time to actually read my Bible"? That's the first and (perhaps) only book you should avoid at all costs! Oh, and the religion spawned by that book - Christianity? Oh, my, definitely not gay friendly.

Why do you need a church, anyway? Someone suggested Buddhism, an excellent choice because it's not an organized religion; it's a way of life very close to that taught by Jesus (if he actually existed, but if not, the words put into his mouth in the New Testament) and many others besides Buddha.

All of the major organized religions (monotheistic) worship an old guy, with a gray beard and otherwise human-like appearance who is omniscient. Unbelievable and proven incorrect many times over. Avoid them is my advice.

Spirituality is the better way to go...no churches, but many experienced and knowledge "leaders" of various levels that can help you to lead a richer, more ethical and meaningful life.

Sorry...no intent to be aggressive...just trying to be helpful....;o)
Old 08-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Time

You shouldnt condemn the bible. I dont agree with what people do with it, but the book itlsef isnt harmful untill we make it harmful, and it isnt good untill we make it good.

If you read the bible, there are a fwe things you need to understand.

The OT is generaly the jewish books, namley the torah.
The OT was written over a thousand years, by 4 distinct "writers ", who had an army of scibes.
The NT was written over about a thosuand years, the books in the bible are generaly 3500 - 2000 years old.
The OT, in which the NT wouldnt be around with out, was strictly based ont he jewish people trying to seperate themselves from opperssion. They were taken slaves by babylon, assyria, and rome, and many others at that time. All they wanted to do was be different, hence the one god, when everyone else had multiple.IT is written in a jewish context for jewish people.
The NT is generaly the same

Now, generaly speaking, most, if not all the storie sint he bible are taken from other traditions. Im not talking stolen for fun, I mean assimilated into their own due to time, trade routs and spreading out. IT was never meant to be read literal, or read as a historical document, but as a cultural book, for jewish people
Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
Now... the thing to remember is that no one has the answer... no one the absolute truth
How do you know no one has the absolute truth? You couldn't know that unless you have absolute knowledge of the truth, so you are in fact doing exactly what you are condemning others for doing.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
How do you know no one has the absolute truth? You couldn't know that unless you have absolute knowledge of the truth, so you are in fact doing exactly what you are condemning others for doing.

It's on old trick in debating to twist around a statement in reverse... but in this case it doesn't hold any water... especially Holy Water! lol...

Seriously theophilis... no one has the answers... we have faith... belief... but nothing more than that... I think accepting that fact opens all kinds of doors spiritually... it is much harder to grow in knowledge and truth if one stays in a locked room...

"For Fundamentalists the Biblical word is clear and absolute, it is a reality in itself and its meaning is unchanging. It is not relative to the understanding of those who hear it in its varying cultural and historical context. As a result is does not really require interpretation. In a sense fundamentalism is not another kind of interpretation, but a denial of the need and legitimacy of interpretation. It presupposes that the Biblical word can be immediately grasped by all. Unwittingly of course the fundamentalist does interpret, such is the nature of reading and communication. Without realizing it, the fundamentalist equates 'the Word of God' with his or her interpretation of it, and absolutism that for all. In the Catholic Church we have only ever claimed that one person is infallible. In fundamentalist Churches, everyone is infallible."
Old 08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
You started this thread looking for help in finding a religion that would not discriminate against you for being gay...and now, "it's time to actually read my Bible"? That's the first and (perhaps) only book you should avoid at all costs! Oh, and the religion spawned by that book - Christianity? Oh, my, definitely not gay friendly.
Here is something written by someone who is gay and is also a Christian.
When I began to wrestle with my homosexuality in a serious way, I was a Christian and a committed church member. The first people with whom I wanted to talk about my experience of same-sex desires were the pastors and elders at my church. Compassionate and understanding people that they were, these leaders looked for books and resources to help me grapple with what I was facing.

http://engagingchurchblog.com/2010/09/07/washed-and-waiting-author-wesley-hill-blogs-on-christian-faithfulness-and-homosexuality/

He seems to have found Christianity to be gay friendly.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Time

Quote:
Here is something written by someone who is gay and is also a Christian.
When I began to wrestle with my homosexuality in a serious way, I was a Christian and a committed church member. The first people with whom I wanted to talk about my experience of same-sex desires were the pastors and elders at my church. Compassionate and understanding people that they were, these leaders looked for books and resources to help me grapple with what I was facing

We both know what he told him. The whole " its s sin but we can "fix" you bit, jesus forgives those who sin blah blah.... Theres nothing to fix except 2000 year old preconceptions about something you fear, and dont understand. The bible evens tates that the rules are MEANT to change with time. Something almost no chruch goer knows.

Here is an example of what conditioning can do..... And, it isnt graphic, its not an easy read.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/0...ists-humility/
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
He seems to have found Christianity to be gay friendly.

That depends on the type of christians one associates with... many are very accepting of gays and lesbians and have no problem with us... accept us fully as we are and lovingly too... that is what a REAL christian should do... however, there are many christians who try to control or change the behavior of gays and lesbians... who try to make something dirty out of something that is loving, natural and god given... these people try to tell gays and lesbians that the feelings of love they share and that sharing sexual pleasures with the one you love is sinful... this is not only wrong, but that is the truly sinful behavior in my mind... these people are not real christians... in that they do not follow the Real Christ... that is what I believe...
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Rivendoah

For openly Gay Christians searching for a Christian Church should look into Metropolitan Community Church or MCC... a wonder place of love and inclusion for all types of people... this is a church that is growing... unlike many Christian Church's who's congregations are dwindling... I think the reasons are obvious...

http://mccchurch.org/

http://mccchurch.org/overview/

Here is some on info on the Church...

"New to MCC?

Welcome to MCC! MCC is a global Christian church of loving, affirming and welcoming communities of faith. We are “Tearing Down Walls” of oppression and injustice in your community and around the world. Because we are a people of the Good News, we are working with our Divine Creator to “Build Up Hope” among our siblings worldwide.

We are a people of hope. We are a people of faith.

We welcome you on this lifelong journey and mission!

What are Local MCC’s Like?Our churches are located in over 40 countries on 6 continents and are made up of congregants from many different walks of life. Because of this, we have a fellowship of churches that celebrate diversity both within their local congregations and among our global community.

Every church is influenced by the congregation members involved. Every church is influenced by the congregation members involved. The people sitting near you during worship services may come from a different religious tradition than you do. Still, we all worship together and celebrate the diversity God creates in us.

As a global church, we share the foundational calling (mission) for a specific and intentional outreach to/with homosexual, bisexual, and transgender people. Our churches actively minister in their communities to and with LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) people.

We are a church that believes in the priesthood of all believers. That means, in a nutshell, that when you walk into the church and become an MCC member, you become a messenger the God loves all of God’s children and celebrates our created sexualities, our diversities and our individual uniqueness.

All persons has value and worth and are uniquely gifted to share the Good News with others. It takes the whole body, clergy and laity, to live out the Good News!

Will I be welcome?

Yes, absolutely. No matter your religious background (or lack thereof), your race, gender identity, sexual orientation, family makeup, disability…anything – you are welcome in MCC."