Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 28-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
This might sound hard to believe because Im just throwing this out there, but the surface of the planet was blasted away in a terrible war. This means there was no evidence of whatever came before the single celled organisms that started to thrive off of what was left.
That's funny because we do have evidence for what lived here millions of years ago, hundreds of millions.
We should have some evidence for this war then.. weapons, tools etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
And also historians have been somewhat stumped that legends of dragons existed among a vast number of peoples, and that these legends originated before all of these areas in which they lived had communication with one another. Food for thought.
Stories go from one place to another. In the ancient world, there were travellers, campaigns, wandering tradesman..
Old 28-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Felynx

Quote:
That's funny because we do have evidence for what lived here millions of years ago, hundreds of millions.
We should have some evidence for this war then.. weapons, tools etc.

Longer. The earliest life forms you have evidence of is from after everything got destroyed. And who says that the war was fought with weapons? I mean- yes a lot of it was, but its not like the surface of the earth blasted apart cause someone stabbed it with a sword.

Quote:
Stories go from one place to another. In the ancient world, there were travellers, campaigns, wandering tradesman..

Who knows? Im not omnipresent, but I know that this was before people mapped out anywhere in the world other than the area right around them. Dragon legends originated in Greece, Europe, China, Japan, India, and Persia from as early as 9000 BC, before humans even settled into farming communities. 9000 BC is about the time rock art started, so historians arent sure if these legends existed before by word of mouth.
Old 28-03-2011, 02:28 PM
windwhistle

I can't know if anything is TRUE until I have had direct experience with it. Have you ever experienced any of these beings you speak of? If not then all the musings of others are merely food for the imagination, another illusion, intellectual pathways that really lead nowhere because you won't truly believe in anything unless you have experienced it directly yourself.
Old 28-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I can't know if anything is TRUE until I have had direct experience with it. Have you ever experienced any of these beings you speak of? If not then all the musings of others are merely food for the imagination, another illusion, intellectual pathways that really lead nowhere because you won't truly believe in anything unless you have experienced it directly yourself.

Absolutely........not only have I proven all things to myself, I have insisted on validations. Life has gracefully answered my requests.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
Can direct experience be trusted?
Experiencing something requires us to interpreted that experience. Our mind is powerful enough to give us the desired result,
which is why many religious people experience the exact deities that they believe in.

Yes, I have 'seen' some of those mythological creatures, in dreams, and during half aware/sleep states.
But that doesn't mean it must be real outside of my mind..
Old 28-03-2011, 03:57 PM
CJ82Sky

i believe that if we can imagine it, in many cases it is a memory from a past life. i am sure there are other planets and galaxies with life on it, so even if things did not exist here, they certainly could elsewhere.

ever notice how there are entire books on breeds of dragons? many authors write similar traits and so on yet many are written by people who have not read each other's work.

ever notice how many cultures reference unicorns, dragons, and so on in their old history and traditions?

for me i always felt like if there were so many people with memories, thoughts, etc., knowledge, info on something believed to be unreal/mythical - what is to say that is true? what's to say that these beings do not exist?

i am not sure if they (still or did) exist on earth, however i do believe they exist. all of them.
Old 28-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
ever notice how there are entire books on breeds of dragons? many authors write similar traits and so on yet many are written by people who have not read each other's work.
They don't have to know each other as they come from the same planet and are familiar with the same stories and cultures.
Quote:
ever notice how many cultures reference unicorns, dragons, and so on in their old history and traditions?
Cultures don't live in vacuums, they influence one another.
Old 28-03-2011, 04:42 PM
CJ82Sky

with so many planets and galaxies out there, i feel there is so much we do not know for sure but much we have to trust and have faith in.

as for me, i will be happy when i can go back to narnia! i miss it there! ;)
Old 28-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
with so many planets and galaxies out there, i feel there is so much we do not know for sure
I agree, but these stories are from our own planet. A world that we can investigate..
Quote:
as for me, i will be happy when i can go back to narnia! i miss it there! ;)

Yeah, there are many fantasy worlds I would also love to go to!
Old 28-03-2011, 05:50 PM
CJ82Sky

see the difference is i don't believe fantasy at all - i believe most (if not all) of it exists somewhere. i'm not sure they exist on this planet, but i do believe they exist. :)