Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet. My friend is wanting to start such a thing but is not quite enlightened yet. ;(

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:39 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.
Maybe those who are enlightened figure everyone already has themselves sorted out just perfectly?

In an eternal sense, of course.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Knower
Quote:
I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help.

What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.
Well I'm not sure there is such a thing but here is a guy who wants to change the world through his teachings and bring about an enlightened society by 2035 http://www.bentinhomassaro.com/
Old 07-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:

With a name like "Shivatar", you are probably familiar with Ramana Maharshi. Ramana never intended to start a "community". It just happened around him.

There are other forms of "community" that are not localized, as another member here suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro

The entire planet isn't enlightened, for one.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet.(

Good afternoon wstein

There has always been one. One catch, it's just beyond the light
Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.

If you attach to the sacred and avert the secular,
you are bobbing around in the sea of birth and death.
-Dogen-zenji
Old 07-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Master

Enlightened folks don't need a society.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Enlightened folks don't need a society.
They also know why they'd never sign up for one and why others would.